View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Oil Leaking 
Newb
Newb

Post Oil Leaking
Howdy all?

I have just purchased a nice 2004 Zuma 50. It has just exactly 3141 miles on the clock. This will go up as I will ride it along with my daughter that is learning how to handle a scooter.
Anyway, everything works on this beautiful scooter except for one little annoying thing: I always find a small puddle of oil every morning. I am guessing that the oil tank is leaking but I am not 100% sure. How do I troubleshoot this issue?
Also how do I check the oil level? For now, and just to be safe, I always top it off before every ride. I looked left and right and did not see an opening where the oil level would be visible.
What basic maintenance should I perform on this little scooter that probably has not had anything done to it for a little while now.
The tires are brand new and everything else is in perfect working order.

Thanks!

Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:52 am
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

Post Re: Oil Leaking
If you search on here you will find it is very common for oil to leak around the tank sensor another issue could be thatbthe oil lines are old and need to be replaced

Other then the idiot light on the dash there is no way to check the oil when the body panels are on the scooter

Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]