View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Is this Forum still maintained??? 
Newb
Newb

scooters and mods: 2015 Zuma 125
Post Is this Forum still maintained???
Is there anyone still actively maintaining this Forum, or, does it just operate on autopilot? The lights are on, but nobody's home.

The Home Page, and most of the Boards do not appear to have been maintained in several years.

Anything I can do to help?

CHASSIS: Dual headlight Mod plus modulator. KOSO Afterburner taillight plus modulator. Screaming Banshee (louder) horn. GPS. Rear rack. Seat Mod. Smoked turn signal covers. Michelin City Grip tires. Folding mirrors. 260mm front brake rotor. GJMS rear shocks.
ENGINE: Simoto intake filter. Lightweight fan. NCY Exhaust. Taida finned valve & cam covers. 155 BBK (with bigger cam and injector)
TRANSMISSION: TST Variator (9 & 10 gram weights). KOSO lightweight Clutch Bell. NCY contra spring bearing. 1000 RPM contra spring. KOSO CVT cover.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:58 am
Silver Member
Silver Member

scooters and mods: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=25587
Post Re: Is this Forum still maintained???
I’ve wondered the same thing. I feel like this forum is a episode of the walking dead.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:32 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

scooters and mods: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=25587
Trying to clean it up now

Sun May 20, 2018 5:41 am
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Man, sad to see! I was all about this forum when I modded my bike. Just recently came back to see what's going on after my bike got damaged in a flood. I found such good advise back in the day that I built my bike up after not touching an engine since high school shop class, and have 10,000 miles on my 70cc kit. Just brake pads and general maintenance until now. JM still seems to be here. Not many used 50cc's for sale, not like when I joined 6 1/2 years ago. I used to hold the wisdom of this forum over the word of my local scooter shop, and ended up right most of the time (they never heard of top trophy, come on!).

08 YW50X, T-Mod,* Top Performances 70cc Trophy kit, 05 needle one notch richer, Pirelli sl26, 84 main, 46 pilot, Malossi .30 reeds, Yellow Malossi torque spring with torsion controller, Dr Pulley sliders, Leo Vince ZXR

Sun May 20, 2018 7:02 pm
Newb
Newb

A lot of forums have dried up. Facebook groups have taken over some. People develop lives (married, kids, got rid of toys, etc) and disappear. Of the, at one time, 40-50 forums I've been a member of, maybe 3-5 of which are still active. Rest are all but dead.

Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:37 pm
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

scooters and mods: 08 zuma dual headlight tmod rally kit cutom red paint koso mirros red anodized trans bolts
As it is I don’t know how much longer I’ll be around. I had a wreck yesterday. And don’t think I’m going to be doing much more with 2 wheels

Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:42 am
Scooter Addict

JM I am really sorry to hear that. You have been the cornerstone to this forum as long as I have been here. You always seemed to appear when things are uncertain and lay down the facts on what will work. I am very sad to hear you had an accident, but please do not count yourself out of riding, no matter how it looks now. Keep your hope high, know that you can and WILL overcome all things with Christ who strengthens us. Don't give up and heal with the faith knowing you will be healthy and riding again. No matter how it unfolds, know that He is good and stand upon His awesome plan for you.

I will pray for you my brother.

God Bless
rpracing wrote:
A lot of forums have dried up. Facebook groups have taken over some. People develop lives (married, kids, got rid of toys, etc) and disappear. Of the, at one time, 40-50 forums I've been a member of, maybe 3-5 of which are still active. Rest are all but dead.

This still doesn't explain where the younger and new folks getting into scooters are. I think the era of happy, simple, fun 2 stroke scooters has come to and end in the US. When the companies themselves who make our bikes, design them now to be more like cars, it sort of takes from the whole spirit of the hobby and interest in tinkering and modding. The whole "motorhead" vibe of the scooters disappeared with the new scoots, and now it's more like a librarians commute vehicle.
But hey, the roughhouse still exist!

Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:31 am
Newb
Newb

Ktroy wrote:

God Bless
rpracing wrote:

This still doesn't explain where the younger and new folks getting into scooters are. I think the era of happy, simple, fun 2 stroke scooters has come to and end in the US. When the companies themselves who make our bikes, design them now to be more like cars, it sort of takes from the whole spirit of the hobby and interest in tinkering and modding. The whole "motorhead" vibe of the scooters disappeared with the new scoots, and now it's more like a librarians commute vehicle.
But hey, the roughhouse still exist!

Standard forums wont keeps younger ones attention like FB will. No instant gratification replies on std forums, usually. Much like how Alt.net sites used to rule the internet, but went the wayside when forum software came about. Hell I remember when Yahoo Chat was HUGE (as was ICQ and AIM).

Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]