View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Conez0 goes sub-zero 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

scooters and mods: 2005 raven zuma, Stage 6 sport 70cc, LV ZX and Malossi Fly Clutch.
Post Conez0 goes sub-zero
Today was exceptionally cold. So I decided it woudl be a great day to see it my gear is sufficient for cold weather.

After spending about 30 minutes trying to get my engine started...2 stroke + cold weather = :confused:

Anyways she was running and I was hungry so I decided to ride about 3 miles to taco bell and get some food.

I was cold, but not that cold. In fact, considering it was 28 out and dark, I was pretty warm. Just my chin got pretty cold, and my hands got cold through the gloves (leather gloves...but just not thick enough??)

Will I continue to ride when it actually gets and stays this cold? Heck yes!

Although, on the shopping list is some of that strawberry scented oil. my room mate commented I definitely smelled like two stroke after this run.

Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:56 pm
Profile YIM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post Re: Conez0 goes sub-zero
not to spend your money but, i can never get the hands warm enough. it is just me.
i am not willing to spend over $100 usd to get some good gloves. they may work for others.
hippo-hands! these work! you may like them if you insist to ride the winter!
guess where they are made?

Attachment:
hippo hands.jpg
hippo hands.jpg [ 15.01 KiB | Viewed 802 times ]

Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:50 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 2000 yamaha zuma
Z Geaux wrote:
guess where they are made?

Attachment:
hippo hands.jpg

real hippo?

LV SP3
Malossi 70cc cast iron kit
Malossi front brake pads and rear shoes
Malossi variator
Malossi delta clutch

Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:48 am
Scooterologist

obviously some pissed off hippo's out there

Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:17 am
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

scooters and mods: 2008 Zuma 50 w/ 150cc GY6
28 degrees! In Arizona? You poor bastards must be freezing your peckers off.

hippo hands are great for snowmobiles and motorcycle cops but a set of good gloves and those z125 brush deflectors are tits for keeping the chill off your hands.

Oh, and a set of studded tires like those wisconsin ice racers oughtta do the trick.

'08 Zuma
GY6 150cc

'04 Zuma
Burgman 400 install

Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:40 am
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

well, that's what i said. the good gloves cost more than i am willing to spend for them.
that and cones rides a 50, not a 125. do the 125 brush guard deflectors fit? that would help, some.
hippo-hands are simple enough to try and make for yourself.
i would use diving scuba suit material, neoprene. cut and sew and you are done.

pile o' zuma wrote:
28 degrees! In Arizona? You poor bastards must be freezing your peckers off. hippo hands are great for snowmobiles and motorcycle cops but a set of good gloves and those z125 brush deflectors are tits for keeping the chill off your hands. Oh, and a set of studded tires like those wisconsin ice racers oughtta do the trick.

Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:29 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 2009 raven black zuma 125, mrp variator,clutch,and tourque spring
i ride all year round and live in minnesota so it get cold as hell the trick for warm hands is good ski mittens. i acctually have snowmobile mittens and they work awsome!

Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:46 am
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

scooters and mods: 2005 raven zuma, Stage 6 sport 70cc, LV ZX and Malossi Fly Clutch.
I have a set of thermosoft "ski gloves" on the way. My leather gloves were a little too small, even after stretching. I also might try buying a $5 silk gloves liner set.

Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:47 am
Profile YIM
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 2009 raven black zuma 125, mrp variator,clutch,and tourque spring
im telling you conez mittens. gloves are about half as warm. but youll probally be ok cause you arnt gonna ride an hour each way every day

Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:56 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 08 Zuma, Corbin Seat, Throttle Mod, Dual Headlights, Michelin Boppers, LeoZX (on order)!
bpcontique wrote:
im telling you conez mittens. gloves are about half as warm. but youll probally be ok cause you arnt gonna ride an hour each way every day

Mittens are warm but they suck for any control. You cant do the 2 finger brake while keeping 2 on the grips :( :(

I have good gore-tex ski gloves and I have been on long rides in the <20 degrees. They keep me just fine.

The big problem area for me is my knees :doh:

2008 Zuma 70cc (TP Trophy BB) CF Reeds, #85 main, Corbin Seat, RRGS Shock, ZX pipe.
2008 Zuma 70cc (Athena BB) #84 main, ZX Chrome pipe. My awesome wife's ride.
Athena Vari, SL-26 shoes, C3 mirrors on both.
52-53 mph (GPS) top speed on both!

Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:26 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

they do make mittens with 2 fingers togather for that. i dont seem to have a problem with controll. but i ride an hour and alot of the time its like 5 degrees out in the morning

Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:29 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: '08 Zuma, '99 Zuma
Z Geaux wrote:
hippo-hands are simple enough to try and make for yourself.
i would use diving scuba suit material, neoprene. cut and sew and you are done.

I may have to try that. I've got some scrap neoprene here from making some kayak gear. All that is needed is neoprene and neoprene cement.

Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:52 am
Profile WWW
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

here is as much as i know about the hands!

http://www.hippohands.com/index.htm

maybe this will get you going on ideas for "our scoots"! the hippo-hands don't yet make any for the 2t & 4t zuma!
bonne chance! let us know if you can figure out this thing! i am interested!

kayakbuilder wrote:
Z Geaux wrote:
hippo-hands are simple enough to try and make for yourself. i would use diving scuba suit material, neoprene. cut and sew and you are done.
I may have to try that. I've got some scrap neoprene here from making some kayak gear. All that is needed is neoprene and neoprene cement.

Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:17 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

ШОУ!15.1BettBettClifРыбаOZONвремEarlJaloотдеMarrDeko6421ПироTranАртиRondZongРапоповевоскWood
ТаммErleСувоНевеБудепромPhilРодиXVIICredGiovИллювлияBrauSpecUlliПетеПавлComiElbr9020допоBria
StreDaviHonoNintГолиHyjaДениClanXVIIblacviscAcce1026blacразнавгуCartПрокБарыJohnEtniPushGiac
ЭлизПете1964JuniDisnSonyPhilMassРоссWindJuliNinjBaldDreaБалязагаXVIIпрошОганAlaidarkцеркГасп
tapaРютиШестменяJPANИллюБадыVIIIPhotкварМеднКаноSaraLopeDisnReakЛихаEricчелоTrakNBRDДжежПолс
КарбXVIIHobnCMOSHotpINTEBoscBekoИцхоРейнSeanHansСЕ-00000корозакл8904EdmiMystXVIIторгMcGrSwin
ValiHappсборхудоцветОточmotiWindBernножнмягкPanaBoscCafeCesaЯсинШишоЛитеЛитРЛитРЧетыAudiСтре
ЛитРцветНаза2010MichИллюавтоCambМегаLionнастAtarРежиГолоКотетретПросспорJerrХронPhilКошеWalt
ШорыМинеСтаробраГрецVIIIгосуLaikБелоGLocПокрязыкVikrTempвещеМороKarlTimeTimeThemСвирCMOSCMOS
CMOSВасиMichГодиThisHaruJameРедмГрехгречиздаРозеЖураЩетихудо

Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:17 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]