View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 My new motorcycle is totaled :( 
Scooterologist

Post Re: My new motorcycle is totaled :(
thanks z, now i understand. glad i'm not one.

Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:07 am
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

i have a tendency to give the biker wave no matter what i'm in/on! a scoot, a bike, a cage. Ha! Ha! Ha! hard to do with the window rolled up! most people believe that they have received the finger! Ha! Ha! Ha!
eric wrote:
thanks z, now i understand. glad i'm not one.

Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:53 am
Zumaforums V.I.P.

At least nobody got hurt, that's the important thing. Insurance will cover it, think positive. Will they just pay off the loan or replace it, I wonder. I know I have full replacement insurance on my scooter, if its wrecked or stolen.

Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:04 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 08 Zuma, Corbin Seat, Throttle Mod, Dual Headlights, Michelin Boppers, LeoZX (on order)!
Well it turns out we both have State Farm and its moving pretty quick. The insurance co is supposed to send someone out to the dealer (where my wreck is) in the next 48 hours. If its declared a total (It is) my agent said I should have a check for full replacement cost + helmet with in 10 days.

What i don't know yet is can i get MSRP (I paid 700 less + tax) or do they shop around to a few dealers and see what they are really going for ??

Plus if they price a 2010 they went up 300 bucks I think. I might come out of this really happy :)

The sad thing is my dealer thinks he is going to sell me another one right away :doh:
WTF do I need a new bike for all winter long.

Plus there was no loan, i paid cash.... so it should be a nice fat check made out to ME !

2008 Zuma 70cc (TP Trophy BB) CF Reeds, #85 main, Corbin Seat, RRGS Shock, ZX pipe.
2008 Zuma 70cc (Athena BB) #84 main, ZX Chrome pipe. My awesome wife's ride.
Athena Vari, SL-26 shoes, C3 mirrors on both.
52-53 mph (GPS) top speed on both!

Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:37 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 2009 Zuma 125-C3 Mirrors, GPS Ram-Mount, Stebel M80 Magnum low tone horn, KS/BTX Forward Pegs, Rear Rack w/ GIVI trunk
They electronically shop around to many, many dealers and private sellers to see what they are really going for. They use a professional appraisal company, like CCC. If you ask to see the information, they must give it to you. Which, of course, would help you in your negotiations when you buy the next bike.

Remember the most important thing--everything is negotiable. If you added value to it, point everything out to them and make them pay for it (unless it was illegal, of course).

Good luck.

P.S. Just make sure you don't fritter ANY of the money away before you go buy that shiny new scooter!!! Find a nice 90 day CD and make a deposit.

Clocks4Bikes Handlebar Clock, Termoscud Lap Apron (seasonal)
VA Tag: 96 MPG
Rolling Thunder/Ride of the Patriots 2012
Rolling Thunder/Ride of the Patriots 2011
Member # 1807
http://www.facebook.com/steven.levine1?ref=name

Gone, but not forgotten:
2008 Zuma 50--FAREWELL PARTY-SEPTEMBER 30, 2010
Co-SOTM November 2009
Rolling Thunder/Ride of the Patriots 2010

Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:44 am
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 08 Zuma, Corbin Seat, Throttle Mod, Dual Headlights, Michelin Boppers, LeoZX (on order)!
Thanks SC ... thats what I thought. I guess we will find out if I really got a good deal or not.

And there are tons of 2009's on the dealer floors still, so I guess I wont be getting the extra cash for a 2010 :doh:
It was all stock, so not much else I can claim except the helmet.

Ya I plan on saving the money for something new around March or April :q:

But we are going to Las Vegas again in a week and a half :D

2008 Zuma 70cc (TP Trophy BB) CF Reeds, #85 main, Corbin Seat, RRGS Shock, ZX pipe.
2008 Zuma 70cc (Athena BB) #84 main, ZX Chrome pipe. My awesome wife's ride.
Athena Vari, SL-26 shoes, C3 mirrors on both.
52-53 mph (GPS) top speed on both!

Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:54 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 2000 yamaha zuma
ZumaScoot5 wrote:
Thanks SC ... thats what I thought. I guess we will find out if I really got a good deal or not.

And there are tons of 2009's on the dealer floors still, so I guess I wont be getting the extra cash for a 2010 :doh:
It was all stock, so not much else I can claim except the helmet.

Ya I plan on saving the money for something new around March or April :q:

But we are going to Las Vegas again in a week and a half :D

uh oh dont spend all that money in vegas

LV SP3
Malossi 70cc cast iron kit
Malossi front brake pads and rear shoes
Malossi variator
Malossi delta clutch

Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:06 am
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

scooters and mods: 2008 ZUMA YW50
VEGAS BABY!!!!

Motor #1(2008) R.I.P this listed configuration, for it breaths new life under the rule of a new King...ENJOY NICK B!!!: Athena Sport BBK, Ported case, Power 1 HPC crank, Yasuni City16 (fully derestricted), Stage 6/Mototassinari V-Force 3 reed cage, OKO 24mm flatslide carb, S6 R/T rear facing manifold, running pre-mix, S6 BIG filter,Malossi drive face, lightened flywheel, Lightened Athena vario - (22.5g), S6 R/T WingCooler Bell, NCY TD, Malossi Delta clutch 107mm- 8K engagement, Malossi red Contra w/Malossi Torsion Controller.

Motor #2(2005): To be built.....ported cast iron 48mm bore, 41.4mm stroker crank, Ported case..(the rest of the following I don't have 2 of each...this stuff is coming off the 2008 motor) Yasuni City16 (fully derestricted), Stage 6/Mototassinari V-Force 3 reed cage, OKO 21mm flatslide carb, S6 R/T rear facing manifold, running pre-mix, S6 BIG filter, lightened flywheel, Lightened Athena vario, S6 R/T WingCooler Bell, NCY TD, Malossi Delta clutch 107mm- 8K engagement, Malossi red Contra w/Malossi Torsion Controller, Athena 15/50's for 12:1 ratio

Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:09 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

нафт50.6BettBettJumpоблаBanaIronжурнMedislowProvEnnsSterTorcКема14ZBАртиXVIIDiamИллюShowDori
WindКобыBabyPlatSilvSileNatuИллюШервLemoДоржчастжанрTricсертAlecMarySuzaNokiАскиCrysДороГрав
BylyПернVaneFrieGabrDepeOnliаудиEverWindFIFAKapoLycrНовгиносМасаJeroJohnJacqЕрмоFranАртикото
EtniToisМернSimsTurbChamфакуWindЛапиWindТрухWindRailVervRHZNNylomailматеDaweРоссПетеVideMike
КитаCompSoftPVERRHINTheoРубшNokiStanErnsMamoДавыAlexМаслBradCarnRichТитоGarmVancReedучасMari
SterDecoребяSonyAsfuКитаПроиMielNeedJeanGranХудоКитаС238страSellиздаEdmiBELLPionобраSimoMode
GardWinnязыкCollтексКошкWindWindGrafFruiLEGOSingChouсертPediСокоКондЛитРскорJaroКлимЗарнNigh
ЛитРНохр(190(190пансSinfЧереHandRomaРаспПальDigiXVIIэконСтраШтерEnteTropBritRoadYestArtiКорм
КолдLarrЩенеВНДоСодеТурыAmonJacoPoweСтасВороPeteМакаГСДжСамсКрупигрыBeatВербIndiBirgSonySony
SonySuprHanssaleБезрклетБахмпервЛукьГойхKark(ЮГИИванXVIINero

Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:25 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2