View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Campus police, f$#@ them! 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

scooters and mods: 2005 raven zuma, Stage 6 sport 70cc, LV ZX and Malossi Fly Clutch.
Post Campus police, f$#@ them!
Today I got to class early, because there was an exam. Then I realized it would be good if I had my book for the exam (open book). So I run out side, hop on my scoot, and run back to my dorm to get my book. Hop on my scoot, and come back. take my exam (which I felt real good about).

Anyways, an hour later I come back and find my bike chained up with a nice big yellow note stuffed in the throttle cable.

I was cited for:
"excessive speed"
"nearly hitting two people"
"running a stop sign"

I was pretty pissed, so I took a look at where/what time they claimed it happened at, and saw that it was the intersection just outside of the parking lot. So I recalled what happened...ahh yes!

I was probably going 20mph, 5 over the posted speed limit...but seriously NOBODY here drives the posted 15. Not even the faculty. The intersection I was cited at has a crosswalk. Ahh! I remember, there were a couple people exiting the crosswalk on the opposite side of where I was riding. Hmm no danger there, they were almost onto the sidewalk! And as for the stopsign...*drumroll*...THERE IS NONE at that intersection!!

Anyways, I'm going tomorrow morning to see the "chief of campus safety" and contest the ticket. I know I can get out of teh $20 stop sign one, since there isnt even one there. And I think I will be able to get out of the "almost hitting" people. However not sure about the speeding, as I can't prove I wasnt going excessively fast. Any tips on what to say/not to say about this? I really cant afford a bullshit $120 ticket from the university right now.

Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:32 pm
Profile YIM
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

scooters and mods: 08 zuma dual headlight tmod rally kit cutom red paint koso mirros red anodized trans bolts
Post Re: Campus police, f$#@ them!
yes ask to see the evidence
what was the method of clocking
and if they wont show you a radar slip then you have the right to face your accuser ask to question the officer that is acusing you of speeding

if they do provide a radar slip then ask for a copy of the owners manual and copy of the calibration and maintance records a copy of the "officers" training record a copy of the depts traing pollicy and a copy

also ask them why they didnt stop you at the time of the incident if it was an officer that witnessed it then they should have stoped you at the time

if it was just some one complaing then you have the constituinal right to face your accuser in court and at that point you need to questions the persons credentials to judging speed do they ahve a calibrated eye then call bullshit even if it is a cop

Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:46 pm
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

scooters and mods: 2005 raven zuma, Stage 6 sport 70cc, LV ZX and Malossi Fly Clutch.
I highly doubt that they have a radar slip. So I will ask them for proof of the reading. Besides I can already call that since they obviously saw a stop sign that didnt exist...

Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:01 pm
Profile YIM
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

scooters and mods: 2008 ZUMA YW50
Yeah. The whole thing is BS. Call it. They've got nothing.

Motor #1(2008) R.I.P this listed configuration, for it breaths new life under the rule of a new King...ENJOY NICK B!!!: Athena Sport BBK, Ported case, Power 1 HPC crank, Yasuni City16 (fully derestricted), Stage 6/Mototassinari V-Force 3 reed cage, OKO 24mm flatslide carb, S6 R/T rear facing manifold, running pre-mix, S6 BIG filter,Malossi drive face, lightened flywheel, Lightened Athena vario - (22.5g), S6 R/T WingCooler Bell, NCY TD, Malossi Delta clutch 107mm- 8K engagement, Malossi red Contra w/Malossi Torsion Controller.

Motor #2(2005): To be built.....ported cast iron 48mm bore, 41.4mm stroker crank, Ported case..(the rest of the following I don't have 2 of each...this stuff is coming off the 2008 motor) Yasuni City16 (fully derestricted), Stage 6/Mototassinari V-Force 3 reed cage, OKO 21mm flatslide carb, S6 R/T rear facing manifold, running pre-mix, S6 BIG filter, lightened flywheel, Lightened Athena vario, S6 R/T WingCooler Bell, NCY TD, Malossi Delta clutch 107mm- 8K engagement, Malossi red Contra w/Malossi Torsion Controller, Athena 15/50's for 12:1 ratio

Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:27 pm
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Quote:

Vehicle came out of lot at high rate of speed. Drove between two pedestrians in cross walk

exactly what is written on the "citation" that the officer could not discuss with me for reasons unknown to me.

Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:36 pm
Profile YIM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Or you could just order 5000 live spiders and release them in his squad car (after disabling the locks :) )

The legal stuffs cool but it doesn't feel as good as the spider method.

Hyazuma

http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-news/brit-arrested-with-1000-live-spiders-in-his-luggage-20091113-icqo.html

2. Stage 6 Full Circle Racing Crank
3. NGK BR7HS
4. Malossi Over-Range Race Transmission 29.7grams (malossi rollers)
5. Malossi Yellow Torque Spring
6. Malossi Delta Clutch
7. Malossi Wing-Bell Clutch Bell
8. Malossi Sport Clutch Springs for Delta/Fly (Currently running white)
9. Malossi Up-Gears
10. Polini Airbox (This is the most pimpin part I have on my scoot!)
11. Pirelli SL26/Michelin Bopper combo
12. Hyazuma Special Throttle Cable (This one is B2TB!)
13. Arreche 19mm Carburetor
14. Arreche Manual Choke
15. Laser XPRO Expansion Chamber Exhaust (Low tone = Happy Nieghbors)
16. Nuova Ray High Performance Scooter Ignition (Prog. rev limiter and detune switch)

Touch my parts again and I'll cut you up into tiny pieces and make a salad!

Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:10 pm
Scooterologist

scooters and mods: 09 Z125, Uni Pod Filter, Malossi 2000w 9g & 11g , SS Yosh, NCY Race Face, NCY Clutch& Bell, NCY Shox,
cases are built on hard evidence, not on bullshit and hearsay. Remember you are supposedly innocent until proven guilty. No pictures, no actual radar. WTF are they botherin you for. I dont know how your state works, but here in CO, "the law " cannot place a ticket for any citation on a vehicle with exemption of a parking ticket, or a stalled vehicle violation. So that tix should have been presented to you and signed in the officers presence. Your aknowledgement of the citation is needed or else the claim is VOID! Ask any law student on campus! Besides are you the only scoot on campus? Prolly not. Tell them they have started a witch hunt, and go bust the illegals selling dookie weed at the south of campus!

09' Zuma (Black), Uni Pod Filter, K&N Breather Filter, Malossi 2000 w/ 12g Graphite Rollers, SS Yosh, NCY Shox, NCY Race Face, NCY Clutch, NCY Bell, Malossi Yellow Spring, Turner Bars, MSR grips, BTX Footrests

Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:06 pm
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Ha thanks for all the support.

I just got done reading 50 pages of the "saftey and regulations"

apparently it is policy to not pursue vehicles and to issue the violation after the fact. However...

I highlighted that the vehicle will ONLY be booted if it does not have current registration, which I in fact did have.

Also, running a stop sign happens when you approach a traffic intersection that is CONTROLLED BY A STOP SIGN

and "reckless driving" is the WILLFULL disregard of persons or property.

Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:14 pm
Profile YIM
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 2000 yamaha zuma
stop sign or not your still going to get busted for speeding. a security guard or concerned other saw you jump on your scooter speed away..because everyone here knows if your going somewhere really quick your not going to take your time.. the zuma is to much fun. and then you came speeding back to take your exam. your speeding got there attention anything after that well who knows i wasnt there.

LV SP3
Malossi 70cc cast iron kit
Malossi front brake pads and rear shoes
Malossi variator
Malossi delta clutch

Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:56 am
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Tampa Ryder33 wrote:
stop sign or not your still going to get busted for speeding. a security guard or concerned other saw you jump on your scooter speed away..because everyone here knows if your going somewhere really quick your not going to take your time.. the zuma is to much fun. and then you came speeding back to take your exam. your speeding got there attention anything after that well who knows i wasnt there.

I see how that could be.

I just got back from talking to the chief. He was very impressed I had all my books in order, and defined what it was I was being accused of. He explained to me his "philosophy" and then said that he woulg go ahead and cancel the ticket if I agreed to "learn" from the experience. Which I happily did.

Afterwards he talked to me a little more and further voiced how hardly anybody even checks the parking and satety regulations and that was the reason he was so impressed with all the evidence I brought in.

Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:34 am
Profile YIM
Scooterologist

The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in combat. Nice job being so prepared!

Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:42 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 2000 yamaha zuma
i only say that because i was riding through my neighborhood i have no idea of the speed but it was not fast enough to were im speeding but a old lady considered it speeding and i would of gotten a ticket becuase she saw me "speeding" but i told the officer my scooter is not capable of speeding

LV SP3
Malossi 70cc cast iron kit
Malossi front brake pads and rear shoes
Malossi variator
Malossi delta clutch

Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:44 am
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

scooters and mods: 2008 ZUMA YW50
Ahh!! That's an f'ed up law. Guilty by accusation?? lol. Off the subject, but a bit of an authoritarian power trip. I was going through a parking lot, going maybe 10MPH, maybe ,and some guy spouts off "SLOW DOWN!!!". I looked at him him and shrugged my shoulders, like, 'huh', and he says it again, but this time with hand gestures too! So...I pull over and explained that "this is a little tiny scooter, and just because it's loud, doesn't mean I'm going fast". And he maintains that I was speeding through the lot, but with force this time. I ask this prick, "what do you have a radar gun?" This a-hole pulls a badge on me!! :wth: So...I then explained to him that it wasn't a radar gun, but in fact a badge, and asked him why he can't just enjoy his day off. This guy turns around and walks away from me into the store....That really irritated me and that's when I got a little stupid. I too needed to go into the store for some items. I see the guy in the isle and say, "FCUK YOU PIG!!". I'm such a #$%^%$#@@. :awesome: Anyway, I got kicked out of the store...Furthermore, I pay this guy to probably do crap like this to people all the time. Just frustrating.

Motor #1(2008) R.I.P this listed configuration, for it breaths new life under the rule of a new King...ENJOY NICK B!!!: Athena Sport BBK, Ported case, Power 1 HPC crank, Yasuni City16 (fully derestricted), Stage 6/Mototassinari V-Force 3 reed cage, OKO 24mm flatslide carb, S6 R/T rear facing manifold, running pre-mix, S6 BIG filter,Malossi drive face, lightened flywheel, Lightened Athena vario - (22.5g), S6 R/T WingCooler Bell, NCY TD, Malossi Delta clutch 107mm- 8K engagement, Malossi red Contra w/Malossi Torsion Controller.

Motor #2(2005): To be built.....ported cast iron 48mm bore, 41.4mm stroker crank, Ported case..(the rest of the following I don't have 2 of each...this stuff is coming off the 2008 motor) Yasuni City16 (fully derestricted), Stage 6/Mototassinari V-Force 3 reed cage, OKO 21mm flatslide carb, S6 R/T rear facing manifold, running pre-mix, S6 BIG filter, lightened flywheel, Lightened Athena vario, S6 R/T WingCooler Bell, NCY TD, Malossi Delta clutch 107mm- 8K engagement, Malossi red Contra w/Malossi Torsion Controller, Athena 15/50's for 12:1 ratio

Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:14 pm
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

scooters and mods: 08 zuma dual headlight tmod rally kit cutom red paint koso mirros red anodized trans bolts
conez0 wrote:
Ha thanks for all the support.

I just got done reading 50 pages of the "saftey and regulations"

apparently it is policy to not pursue vehicles and to issue the violation after the fact.

just pure lazyness if they refuse to turn the bubble gums on to stop you

more likely its just a revnu stream if you dont know exactly when or where you commited the crime you cant figure out hey that didnt happen how you said

in most cases they try and get two methods of clocking you if possable radar and pacing (if they have 2 its less likely to get overturned in court)

the fact that it was dropped so easily you were never clocked and your speed was just estimated or the citation was issued off of a complaint instead of an actual security officer seeing you

Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:25 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 2009 Zuma 125-C3 Mirrors, GPS Ram-Mount, Stebel M80 Magnum low tone horn, KS/BTX Forward Pegs, Rear Rack w/ GIVI trunk
ALWAYS plead "not guilty." The state/city/county/school has the burden of proving guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Once you plead "guilty" you are done except for the fine!

Clocks4Bikes Handlebar Clock, Termoscud Lap Apron (seasonal)
VA Tag: 96 MPG
Rolling Thunder/Ride of the Patriots 2012
Rolling Thunder/Ride of the Patriots 2011
Member # 1807
http://www.facebook.com/steven.levine1?ref=name

Gone, but not forgotten:
2008 Zuma 50--FAREWELL PARTY-SEPTEMBER 30, 2010
Co-SOTM November 2009
Rolling Thunder/Ride of the Patriots 2010

Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:27 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next