View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Emails going to spam 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

scooters and mods: Benelli with rattler motor. 1 stock zuma 50, 1 70cc yw 2 aprilia sr50's, a ruckus with zuma motor project and a zuma 125
Post Emails going to spam
I jumped on the 40% off sale they had for labor day and wish I hadn't.... They sent me the wrong clutch bell THREE TIMES..... and I'm still waiting on some gaskets. Anybody else have the same or similar issues with this guy?

Last edited by scootershane on Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:51 am
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

scooters and mods: 08 zuma dual headlight tmod rally kit cutom red paint koso mirros red anodized trans bolts
Post Re: Anyone else have problems with spi?
the only issue i ever had with them was that they had said free shipping and the site said nothing about it being over 100 bucks i had ordered 85 bucks worth of stuff and the shipping was more then the 15 more i needed to spend to get free shipping

had there free shipping add said you need to order 100 bucks i would have spent another 15 bucks

Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:23 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 96 Jog 05 Vino 08 C3 04 Super 9 00 SR
Kachowkeith got a variator from the same sale and he doesnt have some of his dookie either. I have heard this was a problem in the past. In fact it is mentioned in the thread that Nick posted about the sale initially.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:33 am
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

scooters and mods: Benelli with rattler motor. 1 stock zuma 50, 1 70cc yw 2 aprilia sr50's, a ruckus with zuma motor project and a zuma 125
I wish I would have taken more time to read the whole post. The Louie guy actually got mad at me because the bells he sent me didn't work. Then after a month of waiting on gaskets he's ignoring me. I needed the gaskets for my stepson's birthday. I put a 70cc kit on his zuma for him. I had to tear down my zuma and copper coat my gaskets and use them on his just so his birthday wasn't ruined. I don't care if he had a 100% off sale and he was the only person who had the parts I needed, I wouldn't order from spi. I had to file a dispute with paypal over the gaskets I never received and I'm out of a scooter until I get my money back and get another set in.....

Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:00 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

Shane if you have a low revving pipe, you could probly be just fine using copper coat and no gaskets to get you back on the road. Not that it makes what happened any better. But at least you wont be down. I may have an extra cylinder gasket around here somewhere if you need it.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:52 am
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I appreciate it but I need a gasket set. Its all athena, crank, carb, head, hyper pipe.... Needs a gasket... I've got an sr for sale on here if you're looking for a project...or a parts bike.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:01 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

I barely gave more than your asking for my low mile good (Minarelli) SR....and yours has FI.....that scares the dookie out of me!! But if you ever decide to part it out....let me know. I may take a few bits from it.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:25 pm
Scooterologist

The other side. This customer ordered online the first time and ordered the wrong clutch. Emails me after receiving his order that the Polini clutch bell does not fit his Malossi clutch and wants the Malossi bell. I priority mailed the same day the Malossi bell at 0 cost to him . This bell had the inner spline wrong when he got it. (I dont know why, I think it may of had the wrong part # on the package) He emails that the spline is wrong. I express mail, over night a new one . He then emails me that that bell doesn't work that it is to small in diameter. I have him mail back the clutch and all of the bells to me. The clutch he ordered originally is not the clutch for the model he has. I then in hopes to make things right send him a Polini evo clutch and bell for no additional charge (about 100) more than originally charged. for his scooter and here we are. There where mistakes by myself I am human. I have tried to make them right. I dont know what the ignoring him is about I haven't received a call or email since I sent the new bell and clutch

Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:02 am
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I have all my sent mail saved just like everyone else who has an email account. Now would you like to restate your side? And where are my gaskets?
If you want to continue to lie I will post copies of all the emails we exchanged. Just send me my dookie you owe me. Oh and by the way.... News flash, I had to mail all that stuff back to you which cost me money, that you sold me and at first claimed they work together, stating you use them together all the time. If you don't know how to run a business you should at least know the product you're selling. You don't know either. You only know how to lie as far as I can tell saying you haven't received an email. I asked you where my gaskets were when I got the fourth clutch bell in the mail and you said you had to get them from a different supplier.... And how about the email about the rattler clutch? You should be Abraham Lincoln for Halloween!!

Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:13 am
Scooterologist

I have got a bunch of emails from you and responded to them all , so i thought. I have spent the morning trying to figure all this out and where i went wrong. I apologize for everything that has happen. I am not trying to lie or ignore you. The gaskets i am sending to you today by express mail. I found your last emails in my junk email folder so I guess I have been ignoring you because i didn't see them. Through this whole ordeal I have responded to every email. I wish that when I didn't you would of called me so I could of handled this before it got to this point . Not going though the spam folder is 100% my fault. So to all, I did screw up this order beyond belief. I am human and do make mistakes. I should have double checked the clutch part # which was the whole issue as far as the wrong parts. I have refunded your money through the charge back and am sending the gaskets free of charge overnight today.

SORRY !

Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:25 am
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Apology accepted!!

Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:56 am
Scooterologist

scooters and mods: Stock '05 Zuma- Dual Headlight Mod, Bitchn' Pegs Brah
I won't ever order from SPI. It's sad that it takes posting on an internet website to get a response- or results.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:40 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 2008 zuma - t-mod
Scootershane, so sorry to hear that your order has gotten so messed up. Hopefully it will all get sorted now .

SPI, glad to hear that you are trying to get this resolved.

The thing is people make mistakes and it seems there were many made here by both parties and even one from the manufacturer. Granted things could be better.

Anyway here is my advice to people who make online orders.
#1 Make 110% sure you order the right parts. I have made this mistake myself and ended up with the part for a different model or the left part instead of the right one or so forth. Check it once , twice and then once again before you hit 'place order".
#2 Communicate. Email is great, try it first but they do get lost sometimes and often get spammed. If email fails then call.
#3 Post it here or on whatever appropriate forum. These forums do seem to help air out the problems and even get them resolved.
#4 Keep calm , if you loose your temper it will not help and can cause your blood pressure to go up , give you a headache , loose sleep and maybe even a give you a heart-attack.

Here is my advice to internet sellers.
#1 Make sure the items are well described and correctly listed. Use as many pictures as possible of the actual item. Clearly state what the part is for and what it will fit.
#2 Make sure the parts in stock are listed as such and more importantly the ones that are out of stock are listed as "out". I currently am waiting on two orders at work because of items that got backordered but were listed as "in-stock" when I placed the order.
#3 Reply to emails and other communication as quickly as possible.
#4 Keep calm - same advice as for buyers.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:39 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: '09 Zuma 164
Once Burned, Twice Shy

Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:52 pm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Well I will. I need that rattler clutch. It's bigger than 107 though. The bell is 120 on the inside. Heres a pic of the clutch. I also need a filter for this thing. The carb is 47mm. Also throw in another 70cc Athena kit. PM me how much shipped and I will send it right over!

Attachments:
IMAG0483.jpg
IMAG0483.jpg [ 891.25 KiB | Viewed 1132 times ]
IMAG0516.jpg
IMAG0516.jpg [ 852.15 KiB | Viewed 1132 times ]
Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next