View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 How many miles on your 125? 
Newb
Newb

Post How many miles on your 125?
Just bought my new Zuma 125 this past June. Loving the bike, and already have 2000 miles on the odometer. However... as this is my first scooter... I am a little concerned that I am running this thing into an early retirement. At this rate, I will have 15,000 on the bike by the end of next summer. Is that a lot? Am I going to be back at my dealer buying another one sometime soon? Anybody out there with a ton of miles on their 125? What is your experience?

Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:44 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: Zuma 125, Battlescooter CVT kit and cluctch, Yoshi exhaust, zumalights dual headlights
Post Re: How many miles on your 125?
Hey, congrats and welcome to ZF!! :toot:

Plenty of reading material here: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=8927

I'm about to clock 4000 miles after just over a year. I think your scoot has plenty more life in her... especially stock!

Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:00 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: FA$T Zuma 155cc
even if you put alot of miles on it, a rebuild is very easy
of course it takes the same amount of work to also throw in a larger piston and cylinder and get more power, and I bet cheaper then buying the OEM stock parts too

so dont worry about mileage as long as you do the oil changes and inspections like the book says
like anything you abuse/neglect it then it wont last long

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:34 pm
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: '09 Zuma 164
Welcome to the ZForums ...

The 125 in the US has only been with us for since 2009 ... but, as with the Zuma50 ... I'm expecting big numbers for miles -and- a long life !!

Muddy 125 ... does that mean anything like you don't clean it up much ?? Ha !! Ha !! Ha !!
Poor thing !! !!
Muddy125 wrote:
Just bought my new Zuma 125 this past June.
already have 2000 miles on the odometer.

Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:44 pm
Scooter Addict

scooters and mods: 2011 Zuma 125 with optional winshield, Koso Afterburner Tail lights and Dual headlight mod
Hi Muddy,

I brought my new 125 home March 17th and have racked up 2600 miles already.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:51 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

welcome to the forum.

almost 8k miles on mines, granted it's 2nd hand.

HOEDAR ECU, GJMS, HOBAO, KOSO, PG,
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=16410 <------ RC R&D

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:44 am
Newb
Newb

Quote:
"Muddy 125 ... does that mean anything like you don't clean it up much ?? Ha !! Ha !! Ha !!
Poor thing !!"

Yep. I do the scheduled maintenance, but I don't bother to clean it. I kind of like the Mad Max look. I guess if I wanted a good looking scooter I would have bought a Vespa!

Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:18 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Muddy125 wrote:
Quote:
"Muddy 125 ... does that mean anything like you don't clean it up much ?? Ha !! Ha !! Ha !!
Poor thing !!"

Yep. I do the scheduled maintenance, but I don't bother to clean it. I kind of like the Mad Max look. I guess if I wanted a good looking scooter I would have bought a :piss2: Vespa! :piss:

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:22 pm
Profile WWW
Newb
Newb

I had 28,000km and needed a repair..carbon between valve and seat, I have 43,508km now and it's dead again with the same problem.

Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:38 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

did you ever use a fuel cleaner additive
thats supposed to help keep the valves clean

2010 Zuma 155cc

Image Image Image

Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:53 pm
Profile WWW
Newb
Newb

No I didn't use anything in the fuel. I always used premium gas, changed the oil every 1000 or 1500 miles. Castrol GTX..

Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:47 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

is premium high octane?

2010 Zuma 155cc

Image Image Image

Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:56 am
Profile WWW
Scooter Addict

scooters and mods: Rattler 110 and a 2011 Zuma
Ever try Seafoam, that stuff is magic. They have a procedure (check YouTube) where you stick a hose in a can of Seafoam form a vacuum line and it sucks Seafoam into your intake and soaks the top end and it will stall the motor. Then you let it sit for hours while it breaks down the carbon deposits. You most likely will need to take out the spark plug befor trying to start it and clean and dry it off with a torch/wire brush and then start it. It will smoke like crazy at first, I would try this a few times if your not able to take the head off yourself and clean it off. Heck lots of oldtimers used to dump a slow stream of water into the intake of cars while running to clean off carbon deposits off of pistons, and it works. Just look at a cylinder thats been running with a bad head gasket or an engine that uses methonal injection. But Im not sure doing the water trick will get carbon off of valve seats, so thats why I suggested the Seafoam trick. After doing that a few times Id suggest changing the oil soon after.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]