View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Helmet problem. 
Scooterologist

scooters and mods: 2012 Zuma 50f
Post Helmet problem.
I have a 3/4 helmet and I also have the visor that slides up/down on it. The problem is that I wear prescription glasses and when I have the visor down I noticed that the curve of the visor kind of messes with my glasses and I end up getting pretty bad headaches from it.

I know, I know "remove the visor". And that is probably what I will end up doing. The problem is that I like the visor as it cuts down on the wind. Does anyone that wears glasses and uses the same type of set up (3/4 helmet with visor) have the same problem, or is it just me?

Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:06 pm
Profile WWW
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

scooters and mods: 08 zuma dual headlight tmod rally kit cutom red paint koso mirros red anodized trans bolts
Post Re: Helmet problem.
let me guess you ordered the helemt online

i personlay go in and buy one off a shelf its worth the extra cost to get a proper fiting one and one that doesnt mess with glasses

diffrent curves and diffrent plastics have diffrent effects on eye wear

Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:54 pm
Scooterologist

No. I didn't order it online. I purchased the helmet when I picked up my scooter at the dealer today. At first it didn't cause problems. I noticed the headaches about a half hour after I took it off.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:42 pm
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: '09 Zuma 164
So ... you're refering to the curve of the clear plastic causing changes IN YOUR VISION.
... causing eye strain //// headache.

I wear glasses ... always have with all kinds of helmets and visors.
I could say that you're probably looking through a curvature in the visor ... you should get used to that after awhile ... MOST PEOPLE DO.

It's kinda like riding 70-80 mph in the wind ... and when you do stop ... your ears hurt and the ringing won't stop for awhile ... but then you get accustomed to that too.

Is that it ?? ??

Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:50 pm
Scooterologist

Yeah, thanks. I'm hoping that I do get used to it. I really don't want to spend the money on a tall windshield right now...lol.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:16 pm
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

All right ... there's a question ::

In my state, eye protection is a requirement.
When I'm riding with a 1/2 -or- 3/4 helmet ... I don't use a clear visor.
Your glasses are considered eye protection.
I only do that with my modular -and- full.face ... 'cause it's usually cold.
Arcanum70 wrote:
I'm hoping that I do get used to it.
I really don't want to spend the money on a tall windshield right now.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:35 pm
Scooterologist

My glasses count as eye protection in my state (because of the material that they are made from). I'm thinking of just ditching the visor unless it's chilly out (like it was today).

Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:06 pm
Profile WWW
Scooter Addict

scooters and mods: 2011 zuma 125. Leo vince exhaust , bopper tires and seat mod. Gps mounted . Soon Corbin seat,ks foot pegs,rear flipout
I would be worried about rocks. I've been hit many times here in Vegas wearing my full face helmet. While glasses protect your eyes it may hurt your face if a rock hits you. I suggest full Face helmet. No problems here using my contacts with helmet. Clear and tinted visors

2011 zuma 125. Leo Vince Exhaust with 11gram variator weights, seat mod and bopper tires, gps mounted. Soon Corbin saddle, killer scooter front foot pegs , bws rear flip out pegs and upgraded variator . Bbk way later down the road ;)

Last edited by civicdreamin78 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:16 pm
Scooter Addict

scooters and mods: 2011 zuma 125. Leo vince exhaust , bopper tires and seat mod. Gps mounted . Soon Corbin seat,ks foot pegs,rear flipout
I would be worried about rocks. I've been hit many times here in Vegas wearing my full face helmet. While glasses protect your eyes it may hurt your face if a rock hits it. I suggest full face helmet. No problems here using my contacts with helmet. Clear and tinted visors

2011 zuma 125. Leo Vince Exhaust with 11gram variator weights, seat mod and bopper tires, gps mounted. Soon Corbin saddle, killer scooter front foot pegs , bws rear flip out pegs and upgraded variator . Bbk way later down the road ;)

Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:16 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 2008 zuma - t-mod
I wear glasses and use full face helmets. I have had 3 total and none of them caused any vision problems unless the visors were dirty. My current helmet has two visors, the outer clear onr and an inner tinted one, even using both I have suffered no problems.

Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:19 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: FA$T Zuma 155cc
I finally got a set of goggles sold for motorcycles
super cheap $14 and they say prescription ready
so you could get your prescription lens im guessing put into them

they have foam around the lens's to keep air out of your eyes I had the problem with glasses and wind making my eyes water these stop all that and wont fog up because there are tiny air vents in them

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:19 am
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

I saw those recently ... you posted a picture with them hanging off the handlebars.
ZUMIKE wrote:
I finally got a set of goggles sold for motorcycles
super cheap $14 and they say prescription ready
so you could get your prescription lens im guessing put into them

they have foam around the lenses to keep air out of your eyes
I had the problem with glasses and wind making my eyes water
these stop all that and won't fog up because there are tiny air vents in them

Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:03 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

ATGATT WAR !!

civicdreamin78 wrote:
I would be worried about rocks.
I've been hit many times here in Vegas wearing my full face helmet.
While glasses protect your eyes it may hurt your face if a rock hits it.
I suggest full face helmet.
No problems here using my contacts with helmet.
Clear and tinted visors

LasVegas ... SummerTime ... FullFaceHelmet ... I think I'd just park my scoot until fall (or winter) !! !!

** You know ... one day I was riding with a half helmet. A wasp came over my windshield and got stuck right between my left ear and the chin strap. Damn thing stung me twice before I could smash it. Jeez, that hurt.
Yes ... wasps can sting multiple times ... honeybees only once ... PRAY that you get hit by a honeybee.
Anyway ... after that ...
I'm still wearing half helmets in the summertime !! There is no lesson that I learned here !! !!

** Note ... maybe a WIDER, TALLER WINDSHIELD ?? ??

Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:14 pm
Scooter Addict

BioMedHMC wrote:
ATGATT WAR !!

civicdreamin78 wrote:
I would be worried about rocks.
I've been hit many times here in Vegas wearing my full face helmet.
While glasses protect your eyes it may hurt your face if a rock hits it.
I suggest full face helmet.
No problems here using my contacts with helmet.
Clear and tinted visors

LasVegas ... SummerTime ... FullFaceHelmet ... I think I'd just park my scoot until fall (or winter) !! !!

** You know ... one day I was riding with a half helmet. A wasp came over my windshield and got stuck right between my left ear and the chin strap. Damn thing stung me twice before I could smash it. Jeez, that hurt.
Yes ... wasps can sting multiple times ... honeybees only once ... PRAY that you get hit by a honeybee.
Anyway ... after that ...
I'm still wearing half helmets in the summertime !! There is no lesson that I learned here !! !!

** Note ... maybe a WIDER, TALLER WINDSHIELD ?? ??

I ride year round. Problem with half or 3/4 helmet in Vegas is too dam hot. It's actually cooler with full face visor down instead of a hot hair dryer blowIng on my face lol.. I love to ride can't. Help it. Most times I just take off my shirt and wear my riding jacket. :)

Ps I have also caught a bee, no stink thank god and also a windshield is great for winter less freezing air blowing on you ;);)

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:27 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: FA$T Zuma 155cc
ive had a bee in my jacket sleeve sting me
some sort of bug into my helmet them into my ear while riding 2 times

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:16 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next