View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Roller, variator recommendation 
Newb
Newb

Post Roller, variator recommendation
Long, long time motorcyclist here. Hit a2011 Zuma 125. I'm ok with the 50-55mph top speed but a little more acceleration would be nice. Should I consider new rollers, Mr Pulley weights, mixed rollers and slides, how about a variator? I look forward to your responses and to many fun rides

Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:12 am
Newb
Newb

scooters and mods: Vino 125(dead) Riva 125(dead) Zuma 125(stolen) Derbi Atlantis(sold) Puch Maxi(restoring) Adly RT50(daily rider)
Post Re: Roller, variator recommendation
IMHO, the variator doesn't make a big difference in performance. I've literally tried them all and saw little to no difference. Changing the weights though does make a big difference. I highly recommend sliders over rollers. For the Vino and Zuma 125 I found that dropping down 2 grams from the stock weight worked the best with my setup which also ran a 1500 (yellow) contra spring and 2k (red) clutch springs. The clutch is the real winner in the transmission when it comes to modding. Getting a better one (malossi Fly or Delta or a Stage6 are best imo) plus changing the springs gives the best bump. Mixing rollers/sliders is fine if you stagger them correctly (5g, 3g, 5g, 3g etc) if you're wanting to fine tune the hell outta it but it's not needed unless you're wanting to go full race. On my Zuma 125 I had the said slider/spring setup plus a Yoshi pipe and open air setup. I got mine to just under 75mph.

Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:46 pm
Newb
Newb

Post Re: Roller, variator recommendation
FrankenscootV2.0 wrote:
IMHO, the variator doesn't make a big difference in performance. I've literally tried them all and saw little to no difference. Changing the weights though does make a big difference. I highly recommend sliders over rollers. For the Vino and Zuma 125 I found that dropping down 2 grams from the stock weight worked the best with my setup which also ran a 1500 (yellow) contra spring and 2k (red) clutch springs. The clutch is the real winner in the transmission when it comes to modding. Getting a better one (malossi Fly or Delta or a Stage6 are best imo) plus changing the springs gives the best bump. Mixing rollers/sliders is fine if you stagger them correctly (5g, 3g, 5g, 3g etc) if you're wanting to fine tune the hell outta it but it's not needed unless you're wanting to go full race. On my Zuma 125 I had the said slider/spring setup plus a Yoshi pipe and open air setup. I got mine to just under 75mph.

My buddy is looking at a '11 125 as well right after we finished installing the brake kit and helo rims on his current truck project. It needs some tlc but still looks in great shape. It is going to be a fast toy, we'll definitely look for good slider.

Wed May 01, 2019 1:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]