View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Backup Gas Tank 

Will this Work?
Hell Yea It will work, Why wouldn't it. Lots of people have done it. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
It will not work because of X Y & Z 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
It will work with slight Modification 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
The Material is not Gasoline Rated 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I Dont Know, But I love Zumas. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Backup Gas Tank 
Newb
Newb

scooters and mods: 2004 Zuma
Post Backup Gas Tank
I had an idea about a second gas tank. Although I'm not too sure if it would work or not. For Zumas that are premixed, I wonder if you could clean out the old Oil Tank and use that as a Backup or secondary Gas Tank. Wouldn't be much, But it would be there in case of emergency. Not too sure if the material its made out of is gas rated. Possibly put a Y Fuel Splitter before the Carb. I'm sure there is someone that has done this and or has figured a way to utilize the space where the oil tank is, or was.

~ Malossi RHQ Crankshaft 10mm
~ LC Stage 6 MK2 Sport Pro
~ Bolt-On Radiator Set Yamaha BWS/Zuma 2002-2011
~ Motoforce Racing 12v Water Pump
~ Roost SP1
~ Polini 24mm Carb | 124 Main Jet | 45 Pilot Jet
~ Polini Gear Set 13/44
~ Malossi Overrange Variator Kit LA Furia Rossa
~ Stage 6 Mk2 Clutch
~ Stage 6 R/T Clutch Bell
~ Naraku Intake
~ Stage6 V-Force3 Reed Valve
~ Polini Air Filter (open)
~ Doppler Racing Shock Absorber (275mm)
~ Shock Riser
~ NGK Hot Plug
~ NGK BPR9ES Spark
~ NYC Quick Throttle
~ Headlight Mod
~ Trail Tech Vapor RPM meter
~ Trail Tech Temp gauge

Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:23 am
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

scooters and mods: 08 zuma dual headlight tmod rally kit cutom red paint koso mirros red anodized trans bolts
Post Re: Backup Gas Tank
What are you going to do for anfuel shut off how easy is it going to be to access once you run out of gas how far do you think you will get on a quart. Plus the outlet line is a lot smaller then the fuel line from the tank

Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:38 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Why do you need the extra fuel capacity.

*Reads through your build*

Oh, that's why. Seriously though, don't think it's likely to be a very feasible idea. If anything, you might be able to use it as additional fuel, feeding continuously with the primary tank. But I think the backup tank idea probably would take a significant amount of toying around to work out all the nuances.

On a separate note, what kind of performance are you getting out of that BBK, pipe, and gearing combo? I'm probably going to be going with a nearly identical combination myself.

Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:48 pm
Newb
Newb

scooters and mods: 2004 Zuma
Your prob right, It would just be another thing that I would have to worry about. I have enough issues with my Zuma at the moment. Recently stripped one of the Cylinder Studs and now I'm questioning how I should address it. heli-coil, JB Weld?? Re-Tap the threads and go next size up??? Any ideas what would be the best approach to fixing this?? As for Performance when it is running, The 24mm Carb is TOO BIG. It burns up too much gas. Far too much. I can burn through 2 Tanks of 32-1 premix in no time whatsoever. Not to mention its a pain in the butt to tune. Everything is very particular with this setup. Very particular. I recently switched from a Yasuni C16 to a Roost SP1 (SMH) Don't know why I decided to get an almost identical reving pipe. Makes no sense. I should have gone C21 or Roost RS5. Maby in the near future I will go Roost RS5. Still not tuned 100% to this day. The elevation that I am currently at is around 4000 Above sea level, so tuning an already finicky setup just makes it that much trickier. On a good day I can get it close to 65 MPH. But feel prob like everyone else here that I should be going far faster for the amount of $$$ that I have put into it. It's there but where something increases (fuel cons, Speed, Rpm's) the risk of something going wrong increases just as much, If not more due to the variations of parts. The smallest change when squeezing performance out of these scooters the way we do, could be the difference between it running great Or NOT RUNNING AT ALL. Let me know on how you think I should address this Stripped Stud hole. Might even have 2 stripped not too sure (I will have to check)

~ Malossi RHQ Crankshaft 10mm
~ LC Stage 6 MK2 Sport Pro
~ Bolt-On Radiator Set Yamaha BWS/Zuma 2002-2011
~ Motoforce Racing 12v Water Pump
~ Roost SP1
~ Polini 24mm Carb | 124 Main Jet | 45 Pilot Jet
~ Polini Gear Set 13/44
~ Malossi Overrange Variator Kit LA Furia Rossa
~ Stage 6 Mk2 Clutch
~ Stage 6 R/T Clutch Bell
~ Naraku Intake
~ Stage6 V-Force3 Reed Valve