View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Engine vibration at low to medium rpm’s 
Newb
Newb

scooters and mods: 2004 Zuma
Post Engine vibration at low to medium rpm’s
I recently have been having a few issues with the engine vibrating more than usual I had low medium and even a high rpm’s. The vibrating only seems to go away when I’m wide-open throttle at around 11,000 RPM. The vibrating is Most noticeable at around 6000 up to High 9000 10,000 RPM. It feels as if something is overworking or something is moving too fast although I’m not too sure. I’ve checked the CVT clutch clutch springs everything appeared to be As it should. How would I go about checking the crankshaft To see If that is the cause of the vibrations. I recently unmounted the engine from the frame to clean the engine and add new gaskets etc. I have already checked the fly wheel and it appears to be on there correctly. The variator rollers are the heaviest ones that come with the malossiVariator and we are pulley kit la furria (or Something like that). I wasn’t too sure if the engine mounting bracket has multiple positions or not or if it only goes together one way does anyone have any pictures of close-ups of how it should be mounted. Can anyone confirm if the engine mount springs on the sides of the mount bracket should be touching anything or not. it looks as if there is about Maybe half an inch in between it and the flat piece of metal that it would hit up against if enough weight applied. I can’t seem to find any close-up pictures of exactly how this is mounted even the diagrams don’t appear to show exactly the position of them and doesn’t seem to go into very much detail about it. The vibrating issue seems to Not be as noticeable only when it extremely high rpm’s like stated been around wide-open throttle 11,000 12,000 RPM. Note that even with the up gears they have installed The malossi over range , 24mm polini carbAt wide open throttle around 12,000 RPM I’m only seeing A top speed of around 50 mph when tucked. So something clearly isn’t right it seems to me.

~ Malossi RHQ Crankshaft 10mm
~ LC Stage 6 MK2 Sport Pro
~ Bolt-On Radiator Set Yamaha BWS/Zuma 2002-2011
~ Motoforce Racing 12v Water Pump
~ Roost SP1
~ Polini 24mm Carb | 124 Main Jet | 45 Pilot Jet
~ Polini Gear Set 13/44
~ Malossi Overrange Variator Kit LA Furia Rossa
~ Stage 6 Mk2 Clutch
~ Stage 6 R/T Clutch Bell
~ Naraku Intake
~ Stage6 V-Force3 Reed Valve