View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Need help 
Newb
Newb

Post Need help
I have a 2005 zuma. Did an Athena BBK, had yellow clutch springs went to red. Yasuni Z exhaust. Stock variator and clutch. 4.5 g roller weights. 85 main jet. This thing does not move. Bogs like crazy and doesn’t catch to take off. My brother in law has almost the same exact build but a Leo Vince ZX exhaust. We swapped parts off of his to mine and still same issue. Most of the time his exhaust works on mine but still has a bad bog. The yasuni exhaust is brand new. Had a technigas on before and did the same thing so I thought it was a bad exhaust. Been calling and asking around and trying many diff things and just don’t know what to do anymore. The bike will not even go over 5 mph. There’s no catching to take off.

Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:29 pm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

scooters and mods: 2 2004 Vinos 2004 Zuma
Post Re: Need help
Its not the pipe so lets see what else we can rule out without tearing the cylinder head off and taking a look
Variator check
Is the athena power there just not transferring to the wheel ?
Have you tried half stock and half 4.5 gram rollers
Carb check
Or is it just puking out In the Carb?
What does the plug color look like ?
Is the jet to big or small ?
Is the snorkle out ?
85 main jet is aftermarket jet so I cannot tell from size for sure .
Gears clutch
Does your clutch turn your back wheel freely by hand ?

Does it idle and rev on stand like your brother in laws ?

2004 Vino Malossi sport 70cc Malossi Wild Lion pipe derestricted stock variator stock carb 72 mikuni main one clip rich
45 mph still breaking in Michelin S1 90/90/10 rear tire Michelin S1 3" x 10 up front

2004 Zuma Malossi sport 70 cc Technigas next r 2008 zuma torque driver polini high speed variator 5.5 grams sliders malossi delta clutch yellow contra yellow clutch springs Stock Carb 82 main jet 46 pilot jet needle 1 clip rich stock athena 14/42 gears 11 to 1 final ratio 56 mph

2005 Eton Beamer (Taiwan Zuma Clone) Airsal sport 70cc 9200 peak rpm top speed 42 77.5 mikuni jet needle 1 clip rich

Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]