View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Moped laws for each state 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

scooters and mods: 2002 Zuma, Duplicolor Deep Jewel Green, dual headlight mod, brake light led scanner.
Post Moped laws for each state
Using the term moped because thats what most states call 2 wheeled vehicles under 49cc.

http://moped2.org/mstates.htm#Alabama

The way i see it, the internet friendship is like a scooter in india. we got room Dub, if you want to be part of this show? IN the india, zuma, friendship scooter you got at least 5 to 6 spots. We got 3 full... in Mike, Bio, and me... and we are best friends... but we are looking for 2 more people to fill the full wolf pack.... Are you part of the pack?

Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:11 am
Profile YIM WWW
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Re: Moped laws for each state
Very imformative. Thanks for the post. Always wondered why so many of you had plates!

I guess i'm lucky where I live. NV requires; no plates, no registration, no insurance, no titles,
no helmet (but I wear one everyday of course)

Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:38 am
Zumaforums V.I.P.

thanks jdubbya for posting the information on moped laws. The information on Arizona moped laws has changed, or the article is wrong. It's my understanding that mopeds have to have a license plate and a title. When I go down to the scooter shop, I'll check the information they have on moped licensing and rules, and re-post them here later.

Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:13 am
Scooterologist

scooters and mods: Sold my Zuma 50. Looking for a new ride.
Sigh. Looks like I am going to have to get an MC endorsement for my limited use motorcycle. Those cops weren't yanking my chain after all.

Thanks for posting that link.

Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:53 pm
Profile YIM
Scooterologist

The part on Texas is alittle off, it says "Medical coverage required on rider." but the actual law says that Medical coverage is required for the person to ride without a helmet.

Attachments:
TexasMotorcycleLaws08.pdf [370.34 KiB]
Downloaded 416 times

*** The above is the express views and opinions of ME.
They may not be based in any facts other than what the voices in my head tell me to type***
Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:18 am
Silver Member
Silver Member

scooters and mods: 2002 Zuma 50CC w/ Leo Vince Pipe & Athena Variator (weighted) & Clutch Springs
I registered mine as a MC...so I can ride it anywhere the law permits...even at 40mph on the highways! Lol...I don't feel like getting run over...

Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:21 am
Scoot Master

scooters and mods: Yamaha ZUJMA 125 Black
In Missouri if its under 50cc its considered a motor bike, if its over that its considered a motorcycle, you cant take a 50cc on any highway designated as an interstate, not that anyone is stupid enough to do that. you still have to have a valid drivers license to operate anything under 50cc just dont have to have the indorsment.

Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:31 pm
Profile YIM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

scooters and mods: 1990 & 1999 Yamaha Zuma
thanks for the link :)

Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:34 pm
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 05 Z50 4200 miles, 70cc Polini, 84 jet, Leo Vince zx, Athena Variator, stock clutch w/LV yellow springs and Athena contr
In CA the Zuma is a motorcycle, not a moped.

As discussed before at great length. You need a motorcycle license and liability insurance, and rightly so.

'05 Zuma 50, Athena sport 70cc (12mm piston) with Polini head (.9 squish), B9ES spark plug; timing advanced about 2˚; Yasuni C16 exhaust, Buzzetti kick stand to make room for it (and Stage6 paddock stand after dropping the freaking bike because of the kick stand); stock airbox no snorkel, 5 x 1/2" holes; Stage6 21mm racing PHBG, 45/95/W7 1 lean/40 slide; Polini/Power One 12mm HPC crank; Athena 15/50 gears (also have 14/42s pressed into a gearbox cover, just switched back and like the 15/50s so far); 107mm Malossi Delta clutch, "racing" red springs/lighter "racing" counterweights ± 6800 RPM engagement, Stage6 Kupplungsglocke (bell - the light one); Malossi 6112811 Overrange kit, red contra and 28.2G rollers; VForce 3 reeds; Michelin Bopper tires; back to the stock shock; dual headlight wiring; C3 mirrors; Trailtech TTO tachometer and temp gauge.

Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:06 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 02 stock Zuma...05 radical Zuma racebike...
jdubbya wrote:
Using the term moped because thats what most states call 2 wheeled vehicles under 49cc.

I don't believe that there is ONE of those states that concider a ZUMA a moped. If you take the time to read each and every state.....it clearly defines a MOPED as a two wheel vehicle having A...Less than TWO HP....OR B.....cannot exceed 25 mph.

Surely you can see that the Zuma is more than TWO HP and exceeds 25 mph top speed. So a ZUMA is NOT a moped in any state in the US.

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:17 pm
Scooterologist

scooters and mods: Stock 2005 Yamaha Bws
Thanks! Very Informative

Parts to add:
Exhaust: Leo Vince SP3 Exhaust
Engine: Top Trophy 70cc BBK, Crankshaft Motoforce Racing Minarelli horizontal 10mm gudgeon pin
Drivetrain: Stage6 Sport PRO Variator Kit, Stage6 16x13mm Variomatic weights 4.00g - 4.50g - 5.00g - 5.50g incl. Shells, Malossi Red Clutch Spring, Stage6 Racing Clutch-107mm, Stage6 WingCooler R-T RACING TEAM Clutch Bell-107mm
Intake: Stage6 Dellorto RACING 19mm Black Edition Carburettor, Stage6 Dellorto 5mm - 10 pieces 88- 110 Jets, Stage6 Intake System, Stage6 Racing Filter:
Accessories: WOLO Bad Boy Air Horn, Stage6 Subframe, JDM Taillight, Stage6 CNC Brake Levers, Stage6 CNC Kick Start, Stage6 Choke Lever, Stage6 R-T CNC-machined anodised 4-piston Brake caliper, Stage6 R-T HIGH-LOW Shock absorber, Stage6 Adjustable Racing Fork Fork Legs 30mm, Stage6 Adjustable Racing Fork

I need a in at stage6 :(

Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:45 pm
Scooter Addict

scooters and mods: 04 Zuma 70cc Polini, carbon reeds, 17.5mm Dellorto carb MJ105, Athina variator and top gears,Stage6 variator face
heres the low dont for maryland riders check this link its an add posted on clist and everything is correct

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/mcy/1586725658.html

Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:56 pm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

scooters and mods: '08 Zuma Throttle Mod Headlight Mod Tail light Mod
canyondancer wrote:
jdubbya wrote:

I don't believe that there is ONE of those states that concider a ZUMA a moped. If you take the time to read each and every state.....it clearly defines a MOPED as a two wheel vehicle having A...Less than TWO HP....OR B.....cannot exceed 25 mph.

Surely you can see that the Zuma is more than TWO HP and exceeds 25 mph top speed. So a ZUMA is NOT a moped in any state in the US.

clearly you do not know what you are talking about SC definitely classifies it as a moped just like he said I am legally required to have a "MOPED" tag and insurance... Just because GA might not have to (Which I'm pretty sure they do because my bro had to tag his when he was at SCAD (Savannah College of Art & Design) So you might want to check your legalities before you go bashing someone... Sorry for my outburst thank you have a good day :q:

Stage 6 Sport Variator......................Michelin Reggae Tires
Hard clutch springs.........................Throttle Mod
Medium Contra..............................Headlight Mod
4.7g Weights................................3rd Brake Mod
Leo Vince SP3................................Chopped rear fender
Single Racing Mirror..........................No Front Fender

The one and ONLY..... Zuma with a Land Rover Package

Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:31 pm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

scooters and mods: '08 Zuma Throttle Mod Headlight Mod Tail light Mod
and to add technically a MOPED had pedal MOtor + PEDals = MOPED get it yeah doesnt make sense to classify a scooter without pedals as a moped but they do because it does not exceed 49cc from factory :piss2:

Stage 6 Sport Variator......................Michelin Reggae Tires
Hard clutch springs.........................Throttle Mod
Medium Contra..............................Headlight Mod
4.7g Weights................................3rd Brake Mod
Leo Vince SP3................................Chopped rear fender
Single Racing Mirror..........................No Front Fender

The one and ONLY..... Zuma with a Land Rover Package

Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:36 pm
Newb
Newb

i would think the ped in moped was for pedestrian??

Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next