View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 zuma or ruckus? or something else? 
Scooterologist

Post Re: zuma or ruckus? or something else?
I am no expert, as I've only had my Zuma a couple of weeks. Two of the important things for me on the Zuma were a lockable storage and a fuel gauge. I am math impaired, so I need a fuel gauge to tell me how much gas I have left. The Ruckus does not have a fuel gauge! There may be a fuel gauge mod for the Ruckus, though.

Another thing for me was that the fuel tank cap was on the floorboards of the Ruckus. Being way lower than the pump you are getting the fuel from, all I could see was dripping gas all over the Ruckus every time I gassed up. The Zuma's is under the seat and I don't have to bend way over to fuel it, either.

My 2 cents'...

Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:55 pm
Scooterologist

scooters and mods: Stock 2005 Yamaha Bws
Personally i went through the same thing before i got my zuma. At first i liked the look of the ruckus more but since ive had my zuma i love the look so much better than the ruckus. if your a taller person i couldnt stand how short the ruckus is compared to the zuma. Its your choice those i like the added acceleration from the 2 stroke over the 4 but if i thinking right the ruckus has a bit more top speed. I think the storage on the zuma is a lot more secure than ruckus. Its more of a personal choice the zuma is a little cheaper if you buy it used compared to a used ruckus.

Parts to add:
Exhaust: Leo Vince SP3 Exhaust
Engine: Top Trophy 70cc BBK, Crankshaft Motoforce Racing Minarelli horizontal 10mm gudgeon pin
Drivetrain: Stage6 Sport PRO Variator Kit, Stage6 16x13mm Variomatic weights 4.00g - 4.50g - 5.00g - 5.50g incl. Shells, Malossi Red Clutch Spring, Stage6 Racing Clutch-107mm, Stage6 WingCooler R-T RACING TEAM Clutch Bell-107mm
Intake: Stage6 Dellorto RACING 19mm Black Edition Carburettor, Stage6 Dellorto 5mm - 10 pieces 88- 110 Jets, Stage6 Intake System, Stage6 Racing Filter:
Accessories: WOLO Bad Boy Air Horn, Stage6 Subframe, JDM Taillight, Stage6 CNC Brake Levers, Stage6 CNC Kick Start, Stage6 Choke Lever, Stage6 R-T CNC-machined anodised 4-piston Brake caliper, Stage6 R-T HIGH-LOW Shock absorber, Stage6 Adjustable Racing Fork Fork Legs 30mm, Stage6 Adjustable Racing Fork

I need a in at stage6 :(

Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:55 pm
Newb
Newb

scooters and mods: 2004 zuma 50, 2003 vino 50
I would take a Zuma over a Ruckus hands down. The zuma has substantially more power as well as better brakes, suspension, cargo space, and can take passengers. Although there are a lot of mods available for the Ruckus most are cosmetic, and getting one much over 40mph is nearly impossible.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:30 pm
Scooter Addict

scooters and mods: 08 zuma throttle mod, athena variator, leo vince zx, dual light mod, awoogah horn, 7g weights
buy both and make a zumakus... it would be the best of both worlds

Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:41 pm
Newb
Newb

rode my neices boyfriends 07 ruckus while on vacation and came home shopping. I liked the look and feel of the Zuma better. For me the Zuma looks less like the old skool moped for around the same price. His jumps and trail rides his Ruckus. Don't know if my Zuma will hold up to his ruckus on a trail but for country road and city street riding....I'll take my Zuma.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:53 am
Scooter Addict

scooters and mods: 2009 Yamaha Zuma
Also, in case you care, for some reason various states work differently on titles for zuma vs ruckus. Example: In Kansas a Zuma is considered a moped/scooter while a ruckus is a MC class.

Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:07 am
Scooterologist

Ive owned a zuma,ruckus,malguti 12 phantom and a sr50,cy50 aka jog

#1 on my list is cy50 jog

Bike is just a monster fastest 50cc stock i ever had in my hands. launch is insane bike can over take cars and tops at 44mph.. very hard to get your hands on these guys tho

#2 zuma
This bike is just made for everything its quick it always turns on easy to mod and its just good for point a to point b. killssss the ruckus like about 12 car lengths.

#3 sr50
this bike is the Bentley of scooters. the price is wayyy to high but i had a 2009 all white with and that bad boy tops at 58mph if you got the cash i say go for this!

#4 ruckus
Now i love the look but this bike is one of the slowest things i ever freaking rode! its like a turtle and up hills are death to this bike..... now theres another life for this bike. GY6 but thats just toooo much money and not worth it. its a major headache. trust me i spent about 5k on my ruck....

stock with yoshi

my gy6 custom rs4 blue ruck

haha sorry for the story!

Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:31 pm
Scooter Addict

Ahhh the wonderful world of scooters... man that Ruck is looking GOOD!!!!

Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:10 am
Scooterologist

Thanks man! if i could go back in time i would have skipped hooking the ruck up.. that gy6 motor is nothing but hell! :piss2: (GY6)

Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:39 am
Scooter Addict

What sort of problems did you run into with the GY6? I have always wondered about how mad I would have got attempting to make that swap function with perfection.

Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:44 am
Scoot Master

I have both the ZumaER and my Ruck :toot: Yes the Ruck was slower then PooP...Then I did my GY6 swap and now it tops out at 74 MPH. It will run 60+all day up hills in the wind it doesn't matter :toot:
Hook

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwfHoZpjDIw

Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:48 pm
Scooter Addict

wellllllllll

i liked the look of the ruckus, but didnt like the performance and there was only so much you could squeeze out of the little 50cc four stroke. So I swapped a gy6 into it, i had that for about 5 months and was tired of having small problems everytime I went out to ride. so I got online and starting searching scooter parts and QUICKLY learned that minarelli two strokes (zuma motors) are exremely similar to the cases that they use for racing in Europe...so I decided I would just get a zuma motor and put it in my ruckus. Now i have the best of both worlds....looks of a ruck and then performance and parts support of the zuma

Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:45 am
Newb
Newb

scooters and mods: Too many
simple answer. the ruckus

Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:34 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: FA$T Zuma 155cc
honda needs to get there act together and make a 150 ruckus, to compete with the 125 zuma, I say 150 because then it will be freeway legal while the zuma is not so that will give them a slight advantage. The ruckus is the best looking, but the lack of enclosed storage is a con, not sure on the fuel location maybe thats better

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:50 am
Profile WWW
Scooter Addict

ZUMIKE wrote:
honda needs to get there act together and make a 150 ruckus, to compete with the 125 zuma, I say 150 because then it will be freeway legal while the zuma is not so that will give them a slight advantage. The ruckus is the best looking, but the lack of enclosed storage is a con, not sure on the fuel location maybe thats better

fuel location is on the floorboard...it has an electric fuel pump.

as far as the storage...it doesnt really bother me. it comes with a helmet lock just like a motorcycle

Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next