View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 zuma or ruckus? or something else? 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post Re: zuma or ruckus? or something else?
BlackHornet wrote:
wellllllllll

i liked the look of the ruckus, but didnt like the performance and there was only so much you could squeeze out of the little 50cc four stroke. So I swapped a gy6 into it, i had that for about 5 months and was tired of having small problems everytime I went out to ride. so I got online and starting searching scooter parts and QUICKLY learned that minarelli two strokes (zuma motors) are exremely similar to the cases that they use for racing in Europe...so I decided I would just get a zuma motor and put it in my ruckus. Now i have the best of both worlds....looks of a ruck and then performance and parts support of the zuma

exactly what im doing with mine =D

Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:32 pm
Scooter Addict

scooters and mods: 2009 Yamaha Zuma
My friend just bought a ruckus and has started tearing it apart. Should be a fun comparison riding together.

Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:47 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: '09 Zuma 164
My personal opinion ...
There is NO COMPARISON ... it is what it is ... HISTORY !!
mystikala111 wrote:
My friend just bought a ruckus and has started tearing it apart. Should be a fun comparison riding together.

Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:38 pm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

scooters and mods: I'm still a complete noob. I upgraded from a 2004 Zuma 50cc to a 2013 Zuma 125. There's a lot for me to learn.
Naturally, we're going to be biased towards the Zuma here. :)

Some people prefer the naked look of the Ruckus while others like the whole motard look of the Zuma. The Zuma looks more like a motorcycle to me and it's fun as hell to ride. And, the locking storage is great. I'm always using that.

There are a lot of Ruckus owners where I live. One thing that I've noticed about Ruckus owners is that they usually engine swap or spend an additional $1,000+ modifying their scooters. Most of them feel that their only option is getting a chinese made GY6 motor and then buying another one once the first one freezes up.

Now there's a lot of Zuma owners who want their Big Block Kits, but there are some who actually enjoy riding their stock scooters around and don't really feel the need to modify right off of the showroom floor. That's sort of what struck me about the Zumas over the Ruckus.

http://tapastic.com/series/Kickstart

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:13 pm
Profile YIM
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: FA$T Zuma 155cc
I think with the ruckus the cylinder does not come off, so you cant really BBK as easily as the yamaha engines

that may be the reason for the gy6 swap, plus going from 50 to 150cc is a nice jump

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:31 pm
Profile WWW
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

zumike, you can buy big bore kits for the ruckus, you just cant bore them as much,

i have a buddy who has tuned EVERYTHING on his stock ruckus engine (obviously not so stock anymore) but he can keep up with the gy6 all day long and keep reliability

Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:03 pm
Scooterologist

scooters and mods: 2008 Zuma 50. 17.5mm dell'otro carb, leo vince zxr, athena variator, dual headlight mod
Get a Zuma, if not then a ruckus, if not, then get a Zuma
;)

Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:37 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: '09 Zuma 164
I agree !! !!

If you don't get a ZUMA at first ... you'll get the one that you should have had, in the first place.

biogenetic40379 wrote:
;)

Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:45 pm
Newb
Newb

I just picked up my Zuma and love it. I would say Zuma to me its more balanced and more stable then anything i looked at,

Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:23 pm
Newb
Newb

scooters and mods: i have a 2008 bws with a athena 70cc kit and sport turing pipe , aftermarket front headlights and tranny stuff
well at my scoot we have 2 ruckes and both very very very modded and 3 bws and the ruckes allways lose the races and are really fing loud becouse of differnt pipes . but they look wayyy better than the zumas becouse the zuma kids are allways poor lol but we allways win with our 2 stroke POWWA !

Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:28 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

KACHOWkeith wrote:
zumike, you can buy big bore kits for the ruckus, you just cant bore them as much,

i have a buddy who has tuned EVERYTHING on his stock ruckus engine (obviously not so stock anymore) but he can keep up with the gy6 all day long and keep reliability

there is no kit that I know of
you either find a larger piston and rings
and have the engine bored out professionally

or buy a already bored entire engine for over $1000

there is no bolt on big bore like the yamaha scooters, it requires machining

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:16 pm
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

biogenetic40379 wrote:
;)

best of both worlds
same engine as a ruckus, ruckus rear tire, ruckus rear swingarm
but alot better styling and under seat storage
plus the chicks dig it

2010 Zuma 155cc

Image Image Image

Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:27 pm
Profile WWW
Newb
Newb

Your choices are excellent. Ruckus and zuma are really good. I have personally used them both. Rucks has been my companion for a long time. Congratulations! You have made a great choice here.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:12 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4