View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Do you drive in rain? 
Scooter Addict

scooters and mods: 2005 Yamaha BWS
Post Do you drive in rain?
Even since I got my BW'S I've been looking at the forecast more attentively (I never do usually), for rain. I don't like driving in rain :mad:

So I take the $ubaru to go to work instead :gonk:

I usuallly take it when it's only a light drizzle..like 1-3 mm announced.

What about you?

Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:42 pm
Scooterologist

scooters and mods: z-50/z125 both stock
Post Re: Do you drive in rain?
yep i drive in the rain unless its cold,my town isnt all that big so its 10 miles or less most of the time

Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:49 pm
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

scooters and mods: 2002 Zuma, Duplicolor Deep Jewel Green, dual headlight mod, brake light led scanner.
I dont usually take it if its raining, I usually get to work and it starts to dump.

Funny thread timing, I have the scoot at work right now and.... you guessed it, rain.

The way i see it, the internet friendship is like a scooter in india. we got room Dub, if you want to be part of this show? IN the india, zuma, friendship scooter you got at least 5 to 6 spots. We got 3 full... in Mike, Bio, and me... and we are best friends... but we are looking for 2 more people to fill the full wolf pack.... Are you part of the pack?

Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:34 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 2008 Yamaha Zuma, Red, race driven.
I always ride in the rain. Been through a couple viscous t-storms too.

Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:43 pm
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 08 Zuma, Corbin Seat, Throttle Mod, Dual Headlights, Michelin Boppers, LeoZX (on order)!
i ride rain or shine. gotta watch the man hole covers, and the white crosswalk lines are like grease here in NY. Also the helmet fogs up easily in the rain. I'm thinking of getting some different tires as well. I understand the Michelin Boppers are better in the wet even though they are almost slick. If i'm wrong on that someone let me know.

2008 Zuma 70cc (TP Trophy BB) CF Reeds, #85 main, Corbin Seat, RRGS Shock, ZX pipe.
2008 Zuma 70cc (Athena BB) #84 main, ZX Chrome pipe. My awesome wife's ride.
Athena Vari, SL-26 shoes, C3 mirrors on both.
52-53 mph (GPS) top speed on both!

Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:50 pm
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

scooters and mods: 2002 Zuma, Duplicolor Deep Jewel Green, dual headlight mod, brake light led scanner.
Great tip there. Anything painted on the road, turn arrows, crosswalks, lines, become slick butt hell when wet.

A friend of mine dumped his bike on a wet turn arrow. He couldn't walk very well for a few weeks.

The way i see it, the internet friendship is like a scooter in india. we got room Dub, if you want to be part of this show? IN the india, zuma, friendship scooter you got at least 5 to 6 spots. We got 3 full... in Mike, Bio, and me... and we are best friends... but we are looking for 2 more people to fill the full wolf pack.... Are you part of the pack?

Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:53 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

scooters and mods: 08 zuma dual headlight tmod rally kit cutom red paint koso mirros red anodized trans bolts
yep rain or shine warm or cold heck i even took it to work in the snow one day my trip is 30 miles on way just make sure you got good rain gear and dress warm under it if its cold
in the rain and cold i ride with my face shiled cracked open just a bit to keep the fog off the face shield
it was raining thunder and lightneing tand lots of fog his am when i left for work dang i thought i was living back in bremerton this am

Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:09 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: Yamaha Zuma 08'
jdubbya wrote:
I dont usually take it if its raining, I usually get to work and it starts to dump.

Funny thread timing, I have the scoot at work right now and.... you guessed it, rain.

lol well what do u expect.. its washington :) lol

Gallery
My T-Mod Tut.

Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:37 pm
Scooter Addict

scooters and mods: 2005 Yamaha BWS
Wow I like you guys :awesome:

I think I will now go to work with the beewee even if it rains..taking the car costs me 2.70$ in gas vs around 0.65$ in the beewee..that's a whole week worth of coffee :haw:

Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:39 pm
Scooter Addict

scooters and mods: 2005 Zuma
Rain, snow, sleet, tropical storms, hurricanes, tires melting into the pavement, it doesn't matter what the weather, I ride my Zuma!

Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:35 pm
Profile ICQ
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 2008 Yamaha Zuma, Red, race driven.
I also ride during air raids, alien invasions, and when Satan and his minions enter the material plane through magical portals. Nothing can stop me from riding.

Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:00 pm
Profile WWW
Scooter Addict

scooters and mods: '08 Zuma YW50X, 3000+ miles, T-Mod, Leo Vince ZX pipe with clutch springs and 50/50 stock/custom rollers
What a timely post! We don't get a ton of rain here, but when it comes it pours. I'm trying to be more attentive of the weather report after having to ride home, about 18 miles, in the rain the other day. I did notice that the white lines were pretty slick, but I had read about wet RR crossings and man-hole covers so I steered clear of them. I was pretty nervous about it, so I was just extra careful.

Today was another soggy one, so it was the bus for me.

Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:02 pm
Profile WWW
Silver Member
Silver Member

scooters and mods: 2008 Zuma 50
I don't think i'll drive while its raining on purpose. I know i'll get caught out there one day. hope its a really hot day. cool off and my zuma gets a free wash.

T-modDual HeadlightsTriple Brake LightsFlawless' DIY Dash Mounted ClockC3 Mirrors

Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:38 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the other drawback to riding in the rain. You will be even more invisible to other drivers, so I suggest that you wear a traffic vest and exercise even more caution than usual.

Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:46 am
Scooter Addict

scooters and mods: '05 Zuma (Black) mostly stock
Man, you guys make me feel like a wuss. I only ride mine on nice days. I was caught in the rain on the Zuma one day last week and I was about 5 miles from home. Scared the snot outta me 'till I made it home safe. Maybe once I have more experience with it I'll be more comfortable. But for now, I'm a fair-weather rider.

Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next