View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 OMG...can it be true? Top speed wars......part 27. 
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 02 stock Zuma...05 radical Zuma racebike...
Post Re: OMG...can it be true? Top speed wars......part 27.
Sway wrote:
My modded BWs NG pulls 68mph on a flat road at top speed, and this has been confirmed by GPS yesterday. I don´t even have a speedometer, so the only way I can check speed is a TomTom GPS.

Not without an up gear kit you aren't. Stop smoking crack....it's bad for you.

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:00 am
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

scooters and mods: See forum signature
canyondancer wrote:
Sway wrote:
My modded BWs NG pulls 68mph on a flat road at top speed, and this has been confirmed by GPS yesterday. I don´t even have a speedometer, so the only way I can check speed is a TomTom GPS.

Indeed I am. My European Zuma is completely different than yours - it has a completely different engine which has a much higher compression ratio, and has always been faster than the US Zuma. I was doing 50mph when the scooter was stock.

Believe me if you want to or not, I really don´t care, all I know is that I am hitting those speeds every day.

21mm DellOrtho Carb
Hebo Racing Clutch
Hebo Racing Variator
Michelin Bopper tires
YSS Performance rear shock

Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:08 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sway wrote:
canyondancer wrote:
Sway wrote:

Indeed I am. My European Zuma is completely different than yours - it has a completely different engine which has a much higher compression ratio, and has always been faster than the US Zuma. I was doing 50mph when the scooter was stock.

Believe me if you want to or not, I really don´t care, all I know is that I am hitting those speeds every day.

If it's different than ours....and we are talking about U.S models.....WHY did you post at all?

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:12 am
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

scooters and mods: See forum signature
Please give me a good reason, in relation to the purpose of Zumaforums, why I should not post? Are you saying that a Canadian member with a BWs cannot post, because his scooter is similar to the US model, but not quite the same?

21mm DellOrtho Carb
Hebo Racing Clutch
Hebo Racing Variator
Michelin Bopper tires
YSS Performance rear shock

Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:25 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sway wrote:
Please give me a good reason, in relation to the purpose of Zumaforums, why I should not post? Are you saying that a Canadian member with a BWs cannot post, because his scooter is similar to the US model, but not quite the same?

For the same reason you don't compare apples to oranges. It's a waste of time and means nothing.
I'd be happy to learn all about European 50cc Zumas...and i'd be happy to be friends with someone from Portugal. But to compare top speeds from apples to oranges is kinda stupid no?

Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:21 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

On my stock cylinder, airbox and carb I hit 56mph (GPS) downhill. Then zuma felt stable, but the engine sounded like it was on its way to destruction.

Malossi Sport 70cc BBK - Stage6 PRO Exhaust - Dellorto PHVA 17.5mm 92MJ, 34Idle, A12 Needle Up One Position, Snorkel Removed - Athena Primary Drive Gear - Nology Hotwire - Malossi Reed Cage - Malossi Multivar - Stage6 Rollers 30g - Malossi Delta Clutch - Malossi Wing Clutch Bell - Malossi Torsion Controller - Malossi Yellow Contra - Motoforce Racing R6 Rear Shock - Slipstreamer Windshield - Dual Headlight - Triple Brake light - EMGO Trunk - Ram-Mount for GPS

Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:04 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

prime1010 wrote:
On my stock cylinder, airbox and carb I hit 56mph (GPS) downhill. Then zuma felt stable, but the engine sounded like it was on its way to destruction.

Mine did the same but i had no idea how fast i was going back then with just a stock speedo. I think that CDI box has a rev limiter around 10.5 11 k because the engine sounds like it's 4 stroking at that rpm.

56 mph is a LOT of mph with stock gearing. Must have been a long long downhill run. I'll bet you had the windsheild on it. Those sheilds are good for 2 or 3 more mph on the top end.

Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:45 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: '08 Zuma 70, Old scooters.... SR50 stock and an SR70 Heavily modded.
Sway wrote:

Unless a video of this is shown, I'm calling the BS flag.

Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:37 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

canyondancer wrote:
56 mph is a LOT of mph with stock gearing. Must have been a long long downhill run. I'll bet you had the windsheild on it. Those sheilds are good for 2 or 3 more mph on the top end.

Yeah, it was long and steep with a tailwind!

Malossi Sport 70cc BBK - Stage6 PRO Exhaust - Dellorto PHVA 17.5mm 92MJ, 34Idle, A12 Needle Up One Position, Snorkel Removed - Athena Primary Drive Gear - Nology Hotwire - Malossi Reed Cage - Malossi Multivar - Stage6 Rollers 30g - Malossi Delta Clutch - Malossi Wing Clutch Bell - Malossi Torsion Controller - Malossi Yellow Contra - Motoforce Racing R6 Rear Shock - Slipstreamer Windshield - Dual Headlight - Triple Brake light - EMGO Trunk - Ram-Mount for GPS

Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:02 am
Silver Member
Silver Member

scooters and mods: 04 zuma 50 stock but not for long :)
canyondancer wrote:
Wish somebody would explain how these different ratios are mathematically calculated. A lot of us would be interested to know.

Do all those upgear kits use 40 for the primary gear?

no athena uses a 50 primary gear 15/50
malossi uses a 40 16/40
polini uses 40 16/40

60+ mph club 70+ when i can show the proof :)

Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:09 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

89liftedxj wrote:
canyondancer wrote:
Wish somebody would explain how these different ratios are mathematically calculated. A lot of us would be interested to know.

malossi uses a 40 16/40
polini uses 40 16/40

Hey Jude....where did the 15/50 come from? No such a thing?

Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:43 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: '08 Zuma, '99 Zuma
canyondancer wrote:
89liftedxj wrote:
canyondancer wrote:

malossi uses a 40 16/40
polini uses 40 16/40

Team Calamari shows
Athena 15 X 50
Polini 13 X 44

Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:37 pm
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

canyondancer wrote:
89liftedxj wrote:
canyondancer wrote:

malossi uses a 40 16/40
polini uses 40 16/40

its what my athena gear has 15/50 even says so on the box it came in

Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:27 pm
Scoot Master

scooters and mods: 2009 Zuma 125
Today I was installing a set of gears on my friends 08 Zuma. These gears must be pressed in unlike the 139QMB I am more accustom to. Anyways I did a search of Athena Gears and this post came up and I thought I would add what I found today to the discussion.

My set of Athena Gears from Parts Unlimited are 42/14 Part number 1106-0004

Overall the install was fairly easy just have to be careful of the bearing when you remove and reinstall the driven axle. Athena dosent include any instructions or gaskets with this kit, sucks.

Well this is my first post and with 3 of my friends with Zumas and my Zumaruckus Im sure you'll be seeing me around.

:piss2: :2bong: :piss:

Image ImageImage

Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:59 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2