View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 55W H4 headlight bulb` 
Newb
Newb

Post 55W H4 headlight bulb`
So I just bought a nice 2004 Zuma that will eventually go to my son at school. I took it for a ride last night and realized the headlight output is fair at best. I had a pair of Sylvania H4 bulbs in the tool box from an old snowmobile. Question is, can I install just one H4 55W bulb to use as the high beam without any charging issues. It seemed to work fine and threw much better light but been reading that the charging system is rather weak. Don't want to create any issues. Again, I would only use it in the high beam light and not run it dualed with low beam....

Thanks!

Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:15 am
Newb
Newb

Post Re: 55W H4 headlight bulb`
I'd buy some LEDs. That are bright and won't tax the limited charging system

Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:47 pm
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

First thing is the headlights are on a lighting circut and run right off the mag
This is why they dim when you idle
If you haven't done the dual headlight mod you a re running a single 35 watt bulb
I've ridden 30000 plus rural miles with the dual headlight mod and standard bulbs 75 watts total
Yes it will handle a single 55 watt bulb unlike many of the cheap China bike that have plastic light housing the zuma uses glass

I don't know how well the led headlamps will work with the non constant voltage as it drops at idle and increases with rpm

Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:41 pm
Newb
Newb

jmkjr72 wrote:

I don't know how well the led headlamps will work with the non constant voltage as it drops at idle and increases with rpm

pretty good for me so far

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15W-H4-LED-Ligh ... 9L&vxp=mtr

Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]