View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 7:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 On off light switch 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Re: On off light switch
I am going to put some toggle switches in eventually. Don't even know what they'll do yet. Maybe nothing. I just want to confuse ppl who see it.

08 Zuma "The Fly" 50: Stage6 Racing Mk.1 (0.7 squish), Athena Race exhaust (S6 Pro), Malossi RHQ crank, Doppler 15/50s, Dellorto 21mm PHBG DS (60/42/90), Top Perf. Vforce3 reed valve, Malossi Multivar w/drive face, Malossi Delta Clutch & Wing bell (Yellow contra, yellow clutch springs on stiffest), Stage 6 R/T forks, Stage6 R/T 4 pot brake, S6 280mm big brake, Aerox 100 rims, S6 CNC'd controls, Brembo master cylinder, Hoca/Bando ignition, naked bars, manual petcock, Pirelli SL26s, dual light mod, re-profiled seat, LED signals, doodads and gizmos (TT Vapor, Harris Project R1 grips, silly stuff) and always running Amsoil Dominator.

Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:02 pm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

FScott wrote:
I am going to put some toggle switches in eventually. Don't even know what they'll do yet. Maybe nothing. I just want to confuse ppl who see it.

Lmao just to make it look fancy

Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:24 pm
Scooterologist

LOL this escalated quickly!

just use two switches. simple.

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:29 pm
Profile WWW
Newb
Newb

As dumb as it sounds I am interested in doing this as well. I was already aware of the AC DC issue with the different bulbs and was planning on having one push-button latching switch trigger two separate relays.

My questions is this. I want the dash lights (fuel and speedometer) to go out as well. I read elsewhere on here that those bulbs might be AC too? Can anyone confirm this? Looking at the wiring diagram it appears that the speedometer light and brights indicator bulb both run off AC but are grounded to the same ground as the other bulbs? (At least I'm assuming it's a ground) This is where I’m stuck.

Can someone explain the wiring of the gauge and indicator lights to me?

Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:35 pm
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

Turn the key on and don’t start the bike
If tou can activate the lights they are dc
If you can’t get the lights to come on without starting the scooter they are ac

Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:21 am
Newb
Newb

I took a multimeter to the headlights and as expected measured about 12V AC. Both of the gauge back lights and brights indicator also measured about 12V AC. The oil and turn signal bulbs measured about 12V DC.

What was strange was that when I measured from one side of the AC bulbs to ground (blue wire to frame) I got the same 12V AC. I also got continuity from the AC bulb black wire to to frame.

Is it normal to "ground" an AC circuit to the same ground as a DC circuit? I know that AC circuits don't really have a ground so I was wondering what is exactly going on.

Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2