View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:51 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Why I would like a stereo 
Scooterologist

Post Why I would like a stereo
I would like the ability to play music over some small speakers drawing power from the scooter (or perhaps with their own battery that I could charge at home) because I hate wearing headphones.

Headphones make me feel cut off from the road and less aware. At the same time, most of my rides are about 20 minutes in each direction. Sometimes I venture out farther and spend 40-60 minutes on the scoot. Those rides are nice when I'm feeling contemplative. Other times it just makes for a long trip. I figure with a windshield keeping air off my head wind noise has to be low enough that appropriately placed speakers (behind the windshield, pointed at my head) could provide for enough added entertainment and little enough distraction that longer rides would be more fun and still safe.

What I do want: Windshield, Trunk, Paint job, Highway Pegs

Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:22 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Re: Why I would like a stereo
look up blinc
think thats how its spelled
its a bluetooth device that has speakers you mount in the helmet, so you can still hear the road noises good
and has a microphone so you can talk on your phone, and stream stereo music to your helmet

I use it, and like it
then you can use this on multiple bikes, dont have to wire up anything on the scooter
around $120 I think maybe cheaper

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:27 pm
Profile WWW
Scooterologist

I have been looking at these:

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Weatherp ... stereo+kit

Would i just want to use my battery tender on the regular?

Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:14 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

it says 100watts

you need to see what your stator puts out, I think its been mentioned here before
I Know the zuma light company here was selling an upgraded stator they may have posted what they put out

anyways we all know stock dual lights drain the battery too much, both of them on would be at least 100 watts, or more

so lets say you only run one 35 watt zuma 50cc headlight and that 100watt amp, your still pulling way to much power
even with no headlights

unless that amp uses less watts if the volume is low, I know nothing about stereo amps or how they work

I would look for maybe a 35watt amp and use one 35watt headlight

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:32 pm
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

I can't help but to think that mikeysaid is playing with us ...

OR

He's really wanting to entertain the people who are watching/listening to him ... listening to his WHAT ?? !!

He's actually not said what he's listening to on his 20 minute rides, has he ?? I didn't miss it, right !!

I think that you should reconsider ... unless your listening to Rush or Walton&Johnson ... there's no point during a 20 minute ride to TUNE.OUT.

Use that time to connect with your scoot. Listen to the valves ... the pop of the exhaust ... turn signals clickin' OK ... oh ... you're already there !! !! What did you say, B_atch ?? Oh...you..did...not !! !! I certainly did use my turn signal !! !!

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:04 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

I prefer the 2-stroke purr myself! PURE MUSIC! :whip:

Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:16 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

BM is right.

People don't want to listen to your damn stereo as you ride by.

'05 Zuma 50, Athena sport 70cc (12mm piston) with Polini head (.9 squish), B9ES spark plug; timing advanced about 2˚; Yasuni C16 exhaust, Buzzetti kick stand to make room for it (and Stage6 paddock stand after dropping the freaking bike because of the kick stand); stock airbox no snorkel, 5 x 1/2" holes; Stage6 21mm racing PHBG, 45/95/W7 1 lean/40 slide; Polini/Power One 12mm HPC crank; Athena 15/50 gears (also have 14/42s pressed into a gearbox cover, just switched back and like the 15/50s so far); 107mm Malossi Delta clutch, "racing" red springs/lighter "racing" counterweights ± 6800 RPM engagement, Stage6 Kupplungsglocke (bell - the light one); Malossi 6112811 Overrange kit, red contra and 28.2G rollers; VForce 3 reeds; Michelin Bopper tires; back to the stock shock; dual headlight wiring; C3 mirrors; Trailtech TTO tachometer and temp gauge.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:55 am
Scooterologist

Nick Batzdorf wrote:
People don't want to listen to your damn stereo as you ride by.

That's probably why I like the idea. That and the fact that I've had a horrible experience with bluetooth stereo headphones. Besides, this is Phoenix and everyone keeps their windows up here year round. 115 at 2pm will condition you quickly.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:02 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

That would be the encouragement ... especially on such a short ride.
I'd rather be HYPER.TUNED to the scoot & the ride than ... DISTRACTED away with ...
... we still don't know what it is that you feel so compelled to listened to ??

speedandstyle wrote:
I prefer the 2-stroke purr myself! PURE MUSIC! :whip:

And you're PAYING.ATTENTION !!

Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:03 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'd posted this in the Newb section just a few minutes ago.

This is to help Mikeysaid along his path toward installing speakers onto his scooter.
Maybe this will help ??

Attachment:
speakers on a scooter.jpg
speakers on a scooter.jpg [ 37.48 KiB | Viewed 3436 times ]

Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:24 pm
Scooterologist

mikeysaid wrote:
I would like the ability to play music over some small speakers drawing power from the scooter (or perhaps with their own battery that I could charge at home) because I hate wearing headphones.

Headphones make me feel cut off from the road and less aware. At the same time, most of my rides are about 20 minutes in each direction. Sometimes I venture out farther and spend 40-60 minutes on the scoot. Those rides are nice when I'm feeling contemplative. Other times it just makes for a long trip. I figure with a windshield keeping air off my head wind noise has to be low enough that appropriately placed speakers (behind the windshield, pointed at my head) could provide for enough added entertainment and little enough distraction that longer rides would be more fun and still safe.

hey man ive done a few speaker/amplifier mods on my zuma/helmet. if your still tryin to find a good way to listen to music i have some ideas.

Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:20 pm
Profile YIM
Gold Member
Gold Member

the sound is not fake
my friend made the video using his cell phone
cant believe it sounds so clear

2010 Zuma 155cc

Image Image Image

Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:29 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 12 posts ]