View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 HAWK st-1198 
Scooterologist

Post HAWK st-1198
I'm really interested in getting a bluetooth speaker system.. thing. Sorry for the lack of terminology

I just ordered my first helmet, It's a HAWK st-1198. I noticed when helmet shopping that a few helmets said "Bluetooth ready" My helmet did not say that. I'm concerned it's not possible to get a bluetooth headset/speaker for my helmet.

I really only care about bluetoothing from my iphone to listen to pandora while I ride.

Thanks for any help and sorry if this isn't the right location for this post..Seems right but i'm new to this whole forum deal and don't get much right :doh:

Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:18 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Re: HAWK st-1198
I'm perfectly happy with my U-Clear HBC 100..... It's really easy to use, it links up with my iPhone so I can take calls and listen to music without a problem.....it's ONLY downside is that u can't communicate with other riders (wasn't a problem for me, I only wanted it for my phone/music) the plus side? I got it for $100 from Cycle Gear....plus there's a speaker upgrade for an additional $60 :cheers:

Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:23 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

you can mount a blinc? think thats what its called
I used one for years

It can pair with another blinc with bluetooth to one other person
not sure what other features you have when doing that
but I had to recess the speakers in the foam of the helmet
even though they are very thin it bothered my head
wasnt a fan of the controls
takes like 10 seconds of holding the button to turn on and off
and tiny volume buttons so if you have to talk to someone your trying to find volume
or hold the power button forever to turn off

I just switched to a chatterbox
same thing but has built in walkie talkie so if you ride in a group you can all chat
and stream at the same time
It also has hard to find volume buttons but a quick dial to shut it down if you need to hear something fast

but I have seen those helmets that are ready you have to buy I think the certain brand made for that helmet and it just plugs right in

I think those have a rotary volume control so its real fast to turn off or down

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:24 pm
Profile WWW
Scooterologist

So any helmet can have a headset? That's my only worry is not being able to fit the little speakers inside.
ZUMIKE wrote:
you can mount a blinc? think thats what its called
I used one for years

It can pair with another blinc with bluetooth to one other person
not sure what other features you have when doing that
but I had to recess the speakers in the foam of the helmet
even though they are very thin it bothered my head
wasnt a fan of the controls
takes like 10 seconds of holding the button to turn on and off
and tiny volume buttons so if you have to talk to someone your trying to find volume
or hold the power button forever to turn off

I just switched to a chatterbox
same thing but has built in walkie talkie so if you ride in a group you can all chat
and stream at the same time
It also has hard to find volume buttons but a quick dial to shut it down if you need to hear something fast

but I have seen those helmets that are ready you have to buy I think the certain brand made for that helmet and it just plugs right in

I think those have a rotary volume control so its real fast to turn off or down

Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:32 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Most new helmets have built in speaker pockets, so yeah they should all fit....just look at the size of the speakers on the system u plan on using....

Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:36 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

well you have to use common sense
like if you have the smallest skull helmet probably not

but a good full face helmet, that has a nice liner inside and it covers your ears yes most any type will work

if you want to use the microphone again a good full face will work better as it blocks the wind noise

they just clamp onto the bottom edge of the helmet
then you fish the wires behind the liner
hopefully you dont have too fat of a head and you dont have large bumps from the speakers digging into your ears

then you do what I did, chop out some foam and put the speakers in it a little

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Anodized Orange Dipstick<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black Adjustable Brake levers<>Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Yoshimura Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper (PH80)<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap<>SEP Cvt Covers

Image Image Image

Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:50 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]