View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 stereo connector for 2014 yamaha zuma 125cc 
Newb
Newb

Post stereo connector for 2014 yamaha zuma 125cc
hey, i just made this account so im new, but i just bought a stereo system thing that says its for a Harley, and has this connector that i assume is plugged into the harley to power it and so the stereo turns on when the key is turned. it says the black (negative) goes to the battery, the yellow (positive) goes to the battery, and the red goes to the ignition. does the yamaha zuma have a three wire plug that you can plug a stereo into? and if not can anyone explain what plug it is and where i could get it and hook it up? or how to wire the stereo to the ignition of my zuma? or how to wire the red wire to a switch? or can i just us a switch to control the power to the stereo and then wire the red (ignition) switch to the negative? i would prefer to actually have it turn on when i turned the key, that would be useful.
heres the stereo, its just some cheap one off ebay, im pretty sure there's like 50 more that are identical.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380840717100

p.s. i already have a toggle switch attached to a wire from the battery with a fuse. the toggle switch is on the negative side. and i use it for my gps, and there are 3 other barrel connectors for heaters and whatnot that i plan on using for the stereo if there is no way i can just plug it in.

Mon May 23, 2016 1:41 pm
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

scooters and mods: 08 zuma dual headlight tmod rally kit cutom red paint koso mirros red anodized trans bolts
Post Re: stereo connector for 2014 yamaha zuma 125cc
I have to ask why
The charging system is undersized on these things as it is
If you draw the battery down the scoot will leave you stranded
There is no plug in for a radio
There is no way the bike will power any heater as it can't even power an extra headlight

If you insist you will have to get out a multi meter and test the wires on the key switch to figure out what wire has power only when the key is on

Mon May 23, 2016 2:25 pm
Newb
Newb

jmkjr72 wrote:
I have to ask why
The charging system is undersized on these things as it is
If you draw the battery down the scoot will leave you stranded
There is no plug in for a radio
There is no way the bike will power any heater as it can't even power an extra headlight

If you insist you will have to get out a multi meter and test the wires on the key switch to figure out what wire has power only when the key is on

its powered my heaters before without issue. also, i was only stating that i have plugs i can use to provide power. my question was more along the lines of, can you point me to some sort of guide that shows how to do what with the ignition switch or explain what i should do do override this so it just works when it receives power from my scoot.

Mon May 23, 2016 3:47 pm
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

scooters and mods: 08 zuma dual headlight tmod rally kit cutom red paint koso mirros red anodized trans bolts
Take a multi meter
Ground one end pin into the back of the key switch
If you have power it's a constant on
if there is no power turn the key on and see if you have power
Still no power it's a ground
Repeat till you find what you want

Mon May 23, 2016 5:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]