View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Tell me about the 80's Yamaha Virago's 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Tell me about the 80's Yamaha Virago's
that is if you know anything about them....

I am looking for my first motorcycle. I have the scooter, but I want to be able to go to work, and its just too far, on too big of roads for my 50.
My dad had a couple virago's he liked them, but he had 90's era. I am looking for a budget bike that needs TLC and tinkering. I have seen a lot of Viragos and from what I can tell they seem to be a pretty strong bike. Specifically I am interested in the 535 or 750. I am not looking for a highway bike, just something I can build to be reliable. I will be spending less than $3K on this bike, which seems like more than enough.

I am not dead set on the virago, but I like the looks of it, and I grew up around one.

2001 Prebug, TP Trophy 70cc, Leo Vince ZX-R De-restricted, Dellorto PHVA 17.5 converted to manual choke- 88 MJ, 45 Pilot, OEM Airbox, Athena Variator, Doppler 15/50 Upgears, Erlandson Kevlar Belt, Motoforce 107mm Clutch & OEM Bell, Malossi White Contra Spring, Malossi Torque Controller, Leo Vince "stiff" clutch springs, Custom Vented CVT, F1 CF Mirrors, CF Fan Cover, CF Airbox Cover, BWS Tail Light, Trimmed Rear Rack, STR8 Front Turn Signals, 5v USB Power Supply, Custom Donut Graphics by jdubbya, Cool Azz Underglow

Mon May 20, 2013 1:02 pm
Newb
Newb

Post Re: Tell me about the 80's Yamaha Virago's
Your essay reveals something important about you that your grades and test scores can't—your personality. It can surely give admission officers a sense of who you are, as well as showcasing your writing skills. Try these tips to craft your essay.After you've gathered your notes, create an outline to organize your essay and decide where you want examples to appear. Now you're ready to write your first draft. Don't worry about making it perfect. Just get your ideas flowing and your thoughts down on paper. You'll fix mistakes and improve the writing in later drafts.You would get high quality essay writing, book review writing, admission essay writing, research proposal writing,from best essay writing services , and it will be surely worth it.

Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:50 am
Newb
Newb

The Yamaha Virago was Yamaha's original V-twin craft motorcycle, and unique of the initial machine-made motorcycles with a mono-shock rear deferral. Since I am assignment writing help UK service provider and Elite Assignment Help writer. The bike was reshaped in 1984, converting from a final mono-shock to a dual-shock strategy, and addition a tear-drop formed gas boiler. That year, Harley-Davidson, terrible of the inroads in the US marketplace complete by the Virago and additional new Japanese cruiser-style motorbikes, lacking for a tariff on introduced bikes over 700 cc.

Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:20 am
Profile WWW
Newb
Newb

As far as I know when it was released it is alleged to say that it is a "girls bike" and it was one of several in the Virago line and was placed as large-size cruiser with an engine displacement of 1,063 cc which highly in demand at that time. Apart from the providing best dissertation service UK to students at Quality Dissertation, I love to take long ride on bikes and keep updated myself about old and new bikes and love to enjoy the legendary motorcycle racers and riders stories from the past.

Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:38 pm
Newb
Newb

JackPonting wrote:
As far as I know when it was released it is alleged to say that it is a "girls bike" and it was one of several in the Virago line and was placed as large-size cruiser with an engine displacement of 1,063 cc which highly in demand at that time. Apart from the providing best dissertation service UK to students at Quality Dissertation, I love to take long ride on bikes and keep updated myself about old and new bikes and love to enjoy the legendary motorcycle racers and riders stories from the past.

You are right Jack it was called as girl's bike and in its name there is a virago which means a woman of masculine spirit or strength like a female warrior. I think it was manufactured for her. :) I liked its look which comfortable to drive but I love Ducati which is 100 times dashing than it. And in a celebration of promotion in Job at Personal Statement Folks where I am providing UCAS personal statement writers UK to students who are biggest fan of my brand-new Ducati 1098S is one of fastest and most selling superbikes in the world. whoo hoo!

Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:49 am
Newb
Newb

Yamaha Virago is very relaxed and comfortable to ride and doesn’t have the vibration like several bikes! It may deficiency in power for some but with a good speeding up and comfort ride with not effort to handle. As a best assignment help Australia provider to students I like this bike and it is really a great bike!

Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:32 pm
Newb
Newb

Thank you a bunch for sharing this game hacker with all of us you actually game killer realize what you are talking about! Bookmarked. sb game hacker Please also seek advice from my site =). game killer apk We could have a nba 2k16 apk hyperlink change contract between us! file extension apk

Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:40 pm
Profile WWW
Newb
Newb

Thank you for sharing. I am impressed by your post. Best statement of Purpose Writing Site Online

Fri May 05, 2017 10:35 am
Newb
Newb

The words cafe racer or streetfighter not usually follows the name Yamaha Virago but here. My cruise throughout the listings turned up that this habit a long way from its beginnings. This past year I discovered a Virago with a Norton appearance that a lot of you enjoyed, so here's another way for this tired old bike sitting in your own garage or possibly a neat conversion for those utilized Viragos you can select up for a very reasonable price.

Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:02 am
Profile WWW
Scooterologist

If it is worth a darn now..

From anything I remember, they both seemed to be reliable. The 535 was a good starter and putt around, the 750 was the pinacle of the rather unusual Japanese concept of an "American Custom". But it ran well and about the only part that was questionable was the starter ring, which could spin in the holder, the fix being to pin it in if I remember right. It was mainly an issue with the 1100 Virago.

I've seen a few unusual street fighter customs using the radical mid 80s 750. Kind of a good start.

Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:55 am
Profile WWW
Newb
Newb

You are correct Jack it was called as young lady's bicycle and in its name there is a virago which implies a lady of manly soul or quality like a female warrior. I think it was made for her. Do my Dissertation I loved its look which agreeable to drive however I adore Ducati which is 100 times dashing than it. This previous year I found a Virago with a Norton appearance that a considerable measure of you delighted in, so here's another route for this drained old bicycle sitting in your own carport or potentially a perfect transformation for those used Viragos you can choose up at an extremely sensible cost.

Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]