View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Maxi scootin to Sturgis 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post Maxi scootin to Sturgis
I know how you guys love following my yearly idiotic bike trips. Las Vegas, the Rally in the Gorge... etc. This year is going to be a 2500 mile round trip from Port Angeles Washington to Sturgis South Dakota for the bike rally this August. Taking the trusty Majesty 400 with the wife, 2 up. Belt and rollers are new with less than 1000 miles on them. Need to do the front speed sensor as a preventative maintenance item. I hear they like to go out at about 10K miles.

Well be staying in hotels there and back, taking 2-3 days to get there and 2-3 days back. Camping at the Buffalo chip for the live bands. Motley Crue, Alice Cooper, Zac Brown band, Cheap Trick, Florida Georgia Line, a few others. Should be epic. :D

Attachments:
Sturgis.jpg
Sturgis.jpg [ 238.72 KiB | Viewed 58225 times ]

The way i see it, the internet friendship is like a scooter in india. we got room Dub, if you want to be part of this show? IN the india, zuma, friendship scooter you got at least 5 to 6 spots. We got 3 full... in Mike, Bio, and me... and we are best friends... but we are looking for 2 more people to fill the full wolf pack.... Are you part of the pack?
Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:48 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Re: Maxi scootin to Sturgis
Not afraid of the Harley dudes beating you up? :zuma:

Seriously have fun and ride safe.

Since I got my Burgman I am having a blast. Not ready to venture out on the open road yet but I hope to get there. Although I doubt I would do a trip that far.

Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:25 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Brave guy ... ride to live ... and no club colors.

We'll need pictures IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN !! ... and we're not talking about camping pictures !!

jdubbya wrote:
Sturgis South Dakota

Camping at the Buffalo chip for the live bands.

Should be epic. :D

Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:38 pm
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

The girls in body paint and wet t-shirt contests? Will do! :cheers: :2bong:

The way i see it, the internet friendship is like a scooter in india. we got room Dub, if you want to be part of this show? IN the india, zuma, friendship scooter you got at least 5 to 6 spots. We got 3 full... in Mike, Bio, and me... and we are best friends... but we are looking for 2 more people to fill the full wolf pack.... Are you part of the pack?

Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:55 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sure ... Sure ... that'll do.

I know that you'll have SUPERVISION with you ... so ::

Riders :: pedestrians :: waitresses :: just some friendly people :: ALL GOOD !!

jdubbya wrote:
The girls in body paint and wet t-shirt contests? Will do! :cheers: :2bong:

Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:22 pm
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

My wife's cool. I keep telling her I'm going to get her painted up. I keep getting.... ummm no. We'll see what happens once the alcohol starts flowing. :cheers:

I'll probably have to have a post in the gold members lounge for the good pics. :D

Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:14 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

jdubbya wrote:
I'll probably have to have a post in the gold members lounge for the good pics. :D

SSsshh ... SSsshh ... I didn't think that we wanted to discuss that HERE.

Every female out there at Sturgis has to be someone's girl friend or wife.

And

Don't go posting pictures of the wife (with body paint) ... that would be WRONG

Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:43 pm
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Epic trip starts in 2 weeks! Thinking of coming home the long way through Salt Lake City to avoid having to do the whole trip in reverse when we go home. Be nice to see some different scenery on the return trip.

Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:14 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

We have arrived at the Buffalo chip. Been busy partying and cell service is pretty spotty here

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 1.81 MiB | Viewed 58040 times ]

Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:12 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Silver Member
Silver Member

A maxi scooter.
Ridden from Washington to South Dakota.
To Sturgis.
Two-up.

This thread has a pair. :cheers:

Let's hope that our Forum Administrator lives to tell the rest of the tale.

Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:06 pm
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Scooter performed flawlessly for 1280 miles over 3 days. Got some good remarks from a bunch of Harley's I was riding With at 80mph. Got to the gas station with them and they were like wow.. That thing really scoots.

Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:17 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

1800+ miles into it now, stopping for a real bed and a real shower in Rawlin Wyoming. Have 290 miles to get to Salt Lake City Utah for tomorrow nights stop, then up into twin falls Idaho then back home. I'll have to do 2 450 mile days Sunday and Monday to be at work on Tuesday. Expecting about a 3000 mile trip by the time I get home.

Pics and a real ride report will come when I get home and can compile things nicely. Still have the Olympus pics and some go pro stuff to play with when I get home.

Just for the record, at a Harley biker rally, not 1 person made fun of the scoot, and when they learned I had rode it all that way, people were genuinely impressed. Actually, I have never met a nicer crowd than at Sturgis.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:08 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

jdubbya wrote:
Got some good remarks from a bunch of Harley's I was riding With at 80mph. Got to the gas station with them and they were like wow.. That thing really scoots.

harley riders out on the road are much more friendly than the posers that never leave the city limits

2009 Zuma 155 - 23k miles, Corbin Seat, Pirelli GTS23/24, Triple X Highway Pegs, DCR Glove Box, Rear Carrier, Emgo Trunk, Yamaha Windshield, 12/39 Gearing, TST Variator with 10/12 rollers and thick TST shim, Koso Clutch, Phongeer Bell, Ruima Fan, LED Tail Light, C3 mirrors, Samurai X Shocks, Vertical Headlight, RC 155kit (piston, cam, cam gear, injector), 260mm disc, 8" stretch, longer cables and Leo Vince pipe
2008 Zuma 50 - Sold (3,900 miles)
Photo Gallery Springfield Scooter Club Scooter Trailer Service Manuals Yamaha/Honda Image

Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:08 am
Profile WWW
Newb
Newb

No ferry ride? Man you are hardcore. .you could shave a little time off the trip.

Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:46 pm
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

You're from WA, we both know it takes the same amount of time to just drive around lol. I thought about it, but didn't want to have to scoot out of downtown Seattle.

Pulling into Salt Lake City today, it was the first big city I've seen in like a thousand miles. We stretched the Wyoming leg to about 700 miles of small town driving and sight seeing.

Pics and all that good stuff will follow when I get home, but here's something to hold you guys over

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 2.62 MiB | Viewed 57972 times ]

Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:13 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next