View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Hi from Vancouver 
Newb
Newb

Post Hi from Vancouver
Hi, I joined the forum back in 2011 when I was last trying to get my scoot running. Finally today my 96' pre bugeye took me all around the city on my first really good ride on it since getting it. :toot:

A few small things to iron out, I need about a quarter choke on to keep from stalling, I'll have to adjust air and idle I suppose. Lots of helpful posts on this site have helped me greatly, thanks!

Any other Vancouver members; the shops I used to go to here in Van are gone it seems? Jiang Wayne, Scooter Hive, etc.. If anyone has recommendations for good scooter mechanics in the city I'd love to hear them. :cheers:

Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:12 pm
Scooterologist

Post Re: Hi from Vancouver
Welcome! I am in Vancouver myself. There are quite a few others from the lower mainland of British Columbia. I have been doing the work myself and getting most of my parts from scootertuning and gaskets plus some tools from Vancouver Daytona Yamaha. They have been a great help. I had my crank case split and the crank out but someone sealed in the oil seals so I was not sure what to do. They told me to bring her down and someone from the parts shop used their time to help me out for under their lowest rate. He also gave me some tips and made sure I had everything I needed to finish the job. Parts there are expensive though.

Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:17 am
Newb
Newb

Thx for the shop tip Icecruncher! I totally forgot about those guys, :doh: you are right they have always been pretty good to me when I have been in.

I guess I am going to have to take on more repairs on my own like you mention. I've been reading up on the service manual, might have to pick up a few tools I am missing.

Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:58 pm
Newb
Newb

Icecruncher wrote:
gaskets plus some tools from Vancouver Daytona Yamaha.
Hey did you get a case spliter from them? Needing one myself for this weekend so looking for some place local to get one.

Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:36 pm
Scooterologist

I just rented a timing pulley remover with different bolts from to screw in the apropiate place to split my case. It worked great. I actually got a fly wheel remover from them. I have the tools if you wanted to meet up and remove your fly wheel and split your case.

Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]