View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 New 2003 50 owner 
Newb
Newb

Post New 2003 50 owner
Just received a 2005 zuma as a gift. Has sat for 2 yrs. I have it running. Any tips on what maint. Work I should do. I have already replaced plug,air filter,fresh gas and oil. The spotter only has 1400 miles . thanks great forum

Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:30 am
Newb
Newb

Post Re: New 2003 50 owner
You bought a good year. No need to derestrict. You should have good acceleration up to about 40 with a top speed of about 43 on flat ground.
Your tires are probably stock and the rubber is probably pretty hard by now. I suggest Michelin Boppers of the correct size for smoother road handling. As long as the scoot is fast enough for your riding style, there probably isn't anything you will need to do for several thousand miles.

There is oil in the transmission in by the back wheel that you probably should change.

As long the scoot is running well, you probably don't need to clean the jets. If you think it isn't running quite right, try adding an ounce or two of Seafoam motor treatment to the gas tank. It will probably clean out any varnish in the jets. Even if not, it is a great gas stabilizer.

If you are good with a wrench and have a bunch of tools, there are lots and lots of fun things you can do to modify your scoot. Welcome.

Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:20 pm
Newb
Newb

Post Re: New 2003 50 owner
Thank you for the info. It seems to run great. One problem I have noticed is going up my gravel drive which is steep. From a stop it bogs down.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]