View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 New Here - Building 2 Zuma 125s 
Newb
Newb

Post New Here - Building 2 Zuma 125s
I'm new here and to Zumas but not new to scooters or motorcycles. I just purchased a 2009 and a 2014 BW125. The 2009 is already set up with windshield and Givi trunk. I've ordered the Yamaha windshield and trunk for the 2014. I am setting these up for a multi-day ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway for my wife and I later this Summer or early Fall.

I have read several posts on the limited extra power available. I am planning to install USB outlets and Ram X phone mounts on each of them. I want to have GPS, music through our Sena headsets, etc. and not worry about the phones discharging. I haven't been able to find a thread with a clear description and hopefully photos on someone's install. I assume the minor draw of a iPhone charger would be within the capabilities of the charging system.

I do have one odd electric question. The 2009 has a SAE battery tender wire. I have several battery chargers. I tried connecting two different Optimate chargers and it flashes an error code and won't seem to charge. The battery tests good and is fairly new. I changed the pigtail thinking maybe there was short but it reacted the same way. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance. I plan several comfort and convenience additions to these scooters. Hopefully, some of you will find it interesting and also offer advice. Maybe starting with where I should post as I start on these projects.

Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]