View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Whats the best exhaust pipe for a stock 50cc and how to tune 
Newb
Newb

Post Whats the best exhaust pipe for a stock 50cc and how to tune
So im thinking that I want to get a new aftermarket exhaust pipe for my stock 50cc zuma. I would like a little more top-end speed without losing low-end power. Anyone have experience with a any pipes that theyve put onto their moped? How did the pipe effect the power, better high-end? better low end power? And did you have to do anything else to get the moped to run well with the new pipe?

Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:49 pm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post Re: Whats the best exhaust pipe for a stock 50cc and how to tune
look around a little. you will find your answer. i like my sp3. u will have to do some tuning, and if u have a '08 to '10 you'll have to take the smog box off and plug the hole in the airbox

top performance trophy bbk, stage6 hpc crank, top performance 50/15 primary final drive gears, ncy forks, doppler rear shock, style pro handlebars, ncy handlebar mount, acewell 1500 speedo, 86 main jet, needle from an '05 carb raised 2 notches, t-mod, snorkel removed, leo vince zx-r, dual headlight, led tail light, stage6 f1 mirrors, pirelli sl26 130 tires front & back, ballistic evo2 4cell battery, jdm rear fender with intergraded turn signals, intergraded led turn signals front, replaced 75 screws and bolts with blue aluminum allen screws, str8 grips, str8 oversized fan, malossi white torque spring, torque spring bearing, stage6 levers, stage6 kick start, stage6 vforce3 reed cage, malossi mutivar, 7g variator weights, malossi drive face, stage6 r/t clutch with red springs, stage6 r/t 433 clutch bell, throttle up garage door opener, trimmed rack, vented transmission cover

Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:14 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

1. you should get plenty of ideas and input around here.

2. IT'S NOT A MOPED! THOSE HAVE PEDALS. IT'S A SCOOTER.

2009 Zuma 155 - 20k miles, Corbin Seat, Pirelli GTS23/24, Triple X Highway Pegs, DCR Glove Box, Rear Carrier, Emgo Trunk, Yamaha Windshield, 12/39 Gearing, TST Variator with 10/12 rollers and thick TST shim, Koso Clutch, Phongeer Bell, Ruima Fan, LED Tail Light, C3 mirrors, Samurai X Shocks, Vertical Headlight, RC 155kit (piston, cam, cam gear, injector), 260mm disc, 8" stretch, longer cables and Leo Vince pipe
2008 Zuma 50 - Sold (3,900 miles)
Photo Gallery Springfield Scooter Club Scooter Trailer Service Manuals Yamaha/Honda Image

Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:32 am
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yeah, you should do some digging around this site: People have posted lots about exhausts on here. The most commonly used pipe is the Leo Vince ZX or SP3.

Most of the time when you add a performance exhaust, you will need to adjust your clutch springs and roller weights to tune your scoot in the exhausts power band.

09-BWS 192cc (Army Issue - Camel Spider Tan, 1ea)
65mm Forged Piston: Custom Port job on 24mm Large Valve Head: 32mm Koso TB: 10-hole injector: Stock ECU: Stock Cam: Stock Crank/Rod: LeoV Exhaust: Modified Stock Airbox with Uni-Free Flow inside: Polini Sport Clutch: Stock Vario/9g: Custom LED Blinkers: Yes, its fast; No, you can't ride it!

Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:52 am
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

I really enjoyed my Leo Vince ZX. I ran it for over 8,000 miles before I did a big bore upgrade with new pipe. Leo Vince also include springs and weights that are easy to install and necessary for the pipe to perform in its power band.

Malossi Sport 70cc BBK - Stage6 PRO Exhaust - Dellorto PHVA 17.5mm 92MJ, 34Idle, A12 Needle Up One Position, Snorkel Removed - Athena Primary Drive Gear - Nology Hotwire - Malossi Reed Cage - Malossi Multivar - Stage6 Rollers 30g - Malossi Delta Clutch - Malossi Wing Clutch Bell - Malossi Torsion Controller - Malossi Yellow Contra - Motoforce Racing R6 Rear Shock - Slipstreamer Windshield - Dual Headlight - Triple Brake light - EMGO Trunk - Ram-Mount for GPS

Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:02 am
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

Tecnigas Next R is a screamer. You will get good topend and you won't bottom, especially off of the stock pipe. The ZX is a good pipe too, but will mostly just boost torque, IMO and experience.

Motor #1(2008) R.I.P this listed configuration, for it breaths new life under the rule of a new King...ENJOY NICK B!!!: Athena Sport BBK, Ported case, Power 1 HPC crank, Yasuni City16 (fully derestricted), Stage 6/Mototassinari V-Force 3 reed cage, OKO 24mm flatslide carb, S6 R/T rear facing manifold, running pre-mix, S6 BIG filter,Malossi drive face, lightened flywheel, Lightened Athena vario - (22.5g), S6 R/T WingCooler Bell, NCY TD, Malossi Delta clutch 107mm- 8K engagement, Malossi red Contra w/Malossi Torsion Controller.

Motor #2(2005): To be built.....ported cast iron 48mm bore, 41.4mm stroker crank, Ported case..(the rest of the following I don't have 2 of each...this stuff is coming off the 2008 motor) Yasuni City16 (fully derestricted), Stage 6/Mototassinari V-Force 3 reed cage, OKO 21mm flatslide carb, S6 R/T rear facing manifold, running pre-mix, S6 BIG filter, lightened flywheel, Lightened Athena vario, S6 R/T WingCooler Bell, NCY TD, Malossi Delta clutch 107mm- 8K engagement, Malossi red Contra w/Malossi Torsion Controller, Athena 15/50's for 12:1 ratio

Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:19 pm
Newb
Newb

Well after doing much research, i decided to go with the SP3. I ordered it last week off of ebay and it just came in the mail today. i just grinded off the restrictor cone tonight and tomorrow I will be fitting on the new SP3 pipe to my zuma 50 along with the new clutch weights that it came with. Ill post another one explaining how the pipe and weights perform compared to the stock exhaust.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:15 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

you wont be dissapointed. the sp3 rocks. and those are wweights for the variator not the clutch. let us no what you think. it felt like a whole new bike after installing mine. i gained almost 3-4 mph.

LV SP3
Malossi 70cc cast iron kit
Malossi front brake pads and rear shoes
Malossi variator
Malossi delta clutch

Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]