View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Not much action.... don't people still buy Zuma's? 
Newb
Newb

scooters and mods: 2009 Zuma 2t, 19mm Stage 6 (black) carb, 50 pilot, 88 high, Athena carbon reeds, stock intake, stock exhaust!!
Post Not much action.... don't people still buy Zuma's?
I posted a few questions and topics and it doesn't seem like there's much action in the forms.
I've been posting in the scooter problems area. Is there another place it's better to post it gets more attention?
I'm new to two strokes and I've been reading up on a lot of great information on the site... but I still have questions !! Haha

Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:02 pm
Scooterologist

scooters and mods: 2004 BWS 50 / ZUMA 50
Post Re: Not much action.... don't people still buy Zuma's?
Honda4Life wrote:
I posted a few questions and topics and it doesn't seem like there's much action in the forms.
I've been posting in the scooter problems area. Is there another place it's better to post it gets more attention?
I'm new to two strokes and I've been reading up on a lot of great information on the site... but I still have questions !! Haha

I'm just as curious as you are~
I feels like this forums got ALOT of info. But where did everyone go?
I just bought my two stroke recently as well. But not sure where everyone went? It's almost like an abandoned town~

Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:31 pm
Newb
Newb

scooters and mods: 2009 Zuma 2t, 19mm Stage 6 (black) carb, 50 pilot, 88 high, Athena carbon reeds, stock intake, stock exhaust!!
I feel bad because I post something and then a few days later I'm still the last poster of the topic!!?
Lots of 2 smokes out there!!!! Where's the peeps?

Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:56 pm
Scooterologist

I wish I knew~ I posted for help~ Doing a complete mod on my 2 stroke. There's one helpful moderator, but seem like everyone left~
There's not much people posting.

And alot of old threads, people just ended their builds and stop ever posting what happened after~

Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:40 pm
Scooterologist

I am here.

Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:18 pm
Newb
Newb

Haha! Cool! 3 of us...
:haw:

Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:48 am
Scooterologist

LMFAO... so there's only 3 of us to create new threads on this forum LOL!

I know the mod is around to answer some questions~

Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:58 am
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I roll zuma 125 info. lmao!

Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:17 am
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

scooters and mods: 08 zuma dual headlight tmod rally kit cutom red paint koso mirros red anodized trans bolts
The thing is when gas prices dropped the so did the scooter scene then you throw in the recession peopel didn't have money for toys and in the us scooters fall into the toy catagory

Then yamaha destroyed the zuma 50 by going 4 stroke

Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:48 pm
Scooterologist

scooters and mods: 2011 Yamaha Zuma 125 Motorcycles: 95 Kaw KLX650, 09 Kaw KLX250, 78 Yam SR500, 67 Bul Sherpa T
I'm here too. Had some questions, some got answered others ignored.

Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:06 pm
Profile WWW
Scooterologist

Here in British Columbia almost everyone who does ride a scooter and is under forty years of age rides a Honda Ruckus. It is simple, they look masculin especially when modded. The majority of Yamaha scooters look only a little better than the cheap chinese ones.

A lot of young insecure adults care much more about looking cool than going fast. Basically the Ruckus looks pretty and thats all that matters. North America is obsessed with the baddass and or bling factor right now.

You guys might see a lot more young people coming onto these boards in the next six months because I have been changing the mind of my friends about scooters. First they mocked it, then they wanted to ride it, now they think it is going to be badass.

It is funny that scooters are now what says, "I don't give a dookie what people think.". If you ride a Harley or a sport bike you are often people pleasing.

All of that being said I wouldn't mind buying a Ruckus frame and modding the heck out of it. I have seen some absolutely wild and amazing builds done.

Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:10 pm
Scooterologist

Well, I live in Richmond, right below the guys in Vancouver.
I use to ride an R6, was my pride and joy in the first year.. then... never again do I let that thing out.. no point.. no room to even get pass 2nd gear.

Finally I've been riding for almost 10 years, haven't had a motorcycle for the last 2 years.. My R6 only saw day light twice or thrice a year.

My zuma, see's daylight when there is any LOL! Ride it almost everyday at work, I keep up to cars, and sports bike everywhere.

I agree with you, people first laugh, then they wanted to ride... now every one wants one. LOL! My colleague just bought a 2 stroke BWS as well and have joined in the fun.

I don't consider this as a toy, it's more for commuting. I'm about 8km away from work. Richmond parking suck butt~ And it's so much easier to find parking and get through this tough city traffic!

Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:20 pm
Scooterologist

scooters and mods: 2011 Yamaha Zuma 125 Motorcycles: 95 Kaw KLX650, 09 Kaw KLX250, 78 Yam SR500, 67 Bul Sherpa T
I got a Zuma 125 to see if I would ride it more here in the flat lands and it has a flat floor. So far not so much riding, but mostly due to the non-start issue that is likely a faulty fuel pump.

I like the twin headlight look of the Zuma better, expecially the 2 stroke 50. I don't like the 125 headlight guard so it isn't on the bike anylonger. It is a bit tight quarters for me and I'm only 5'6" - 32" inseam. The Ruckus 250 is bigger so I can see why guys go to them. I think the custom scene is there with the Ruckus due to the skeletal frame/body thing - little to no plastic so everything is placed with some aesthetical thought in mind. Less headache when tricking out. Think cruiser versus sport bike customizing. So much easier with minimal bodywork.

Fact is if the 2 stroke Honda Aero 125 was still made I'd have had one of them, flat floor and good performance along with a relatively neutral look.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:24 am
Profile WWW
Scooterologist

KLX678 wrote:
I got a Zuma 125 to see if I would ride it more here in the flat lands and it has a flat floor. So far not so much riding, but mostly due to the non-start issue that is likely a faulty fuel pump.

I like the twin headlight look of the Zuma better, expecially the 2 stroke 50. I don't like the 125 headlight guard so it isn't on the bike anylonger. It is a bit tight quarters for me and I'm only 5'6" - 32" inseam. The Ruckus 250 is bigger so I can see why guys go to them. I think the custom scene is there with the Ruckus due to the skeletal frame/body thing - little to no plastic so everything is placed with some aesthetical thought in mind. Less headache when tricking out. Think cruiser versus sport bike customizing. So much easier with minimal bodywork.

Fact is if the 2 stroke Honda Aero 125 was still made I'd have had one of them, flat floor and good performance along with a relatively neutral look.

I think the Ruckus 250 and Honda Aero are hidious. I am 6'2 mostly in legs and I fit alright on the zuma 50

Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:31 pm
Scooterologist

Respect your opinion. I'm not much for the 250 Ruckus look, or the 50 for that matter. The Aero has a flat floor and more horsepower with a 2 stroke than the Zuma 125. The 80 would do 45 mph and the 125 would do around 55-60. Very neutral look. It was just a good scooter.

I did like the 50, but not enough speed.

Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:24 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next