View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 New to the Zuma and Zumaforums 
Newb
Newb

scooters and mods: 2009 Blue Zuma 125
Post New to the Zuma and Zumaforums
New here, but far from new to bikes.

http://www.bikepics.com/members/jpalm1/

Picking up my first Zuma 125 this Friday. A 2009 with only 400 miles on it, perfect shape, in black. Planning on commuting on it to work (15 miles each way, backroads) to my NEW job at Yamaha. Yep, that's right.....I just signed my offer letter and all my paperwork today at their East Coast offices in Kennesaw, GA! Needless to say, I'm looking at kitting out my Zuma quite nicely! I've done a little reading on mods and looking to having fun with it!

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:14 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Re: New to the Zuma and Zumaforums
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new job and purchase.

Stage 6 overrange belt
OKO 28mm carb-144, 40 pilot
CT intake manifold
Stage 6 vforce reeds
Athena 14/42 gears-9.9:1 final gearing
Uni open filter
Stage 6 hpc crank-skf bearings
NGK wire-got it for free from the shop
br9hs plug
Starter (of course with the overrange trans) and oil pump removed
Some minor porting of the cases
2.5oz/gal on the premix 50:1
Stage 6 MKII racing clutch with the stock bell.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:50 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 2008 zuma - t-mod
Welcome! :q:

Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:03 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: '09 Zuma 164
Welcome ... cool job !!

Kennesaw, GA ... that's gonna be a 3 ... maybe 4 season ride (commute) for you ??

Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:20 pm
Scoot Master

scooters and mods: 2009 Zuma 125
Pretty sweet gig. Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you.

2009 Zuma 125 ~ Dual Headlight Mod ~ KOSO Afterburner Tail Lights ~ Power Pure SC's ~ TST Variator 10L12S ~ TST Lightweight Fan ~ Koso CNC Clutch Bell ~ Performance Clutch ~ Race Torque Driver ~ 1k Contra Spring ~ NCY Bearing ~ Simota Filter ~ Smoked Signal Covers ~ Smoked Reflectors ~ High Speed Fan ~ Kryptonite Panels & Fender ~ RPM CF 9 Hole Cover w/Kryptonite Badge ~ Zubiku Spoiler ~ CF CVT Air Scoop ~ Chopped Whale Tail

Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:25 pm
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: '03 yellow Zuma with Malossi 70 cc, rejetted stock carb and stock exhaust.
Welcome! Great list of bikes; I've owned an '02 FZ1 and a VFR as well. Congrats on the job and enjoy the scoot :).

Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:45 am
Silver Member
Silver Member

scooters and mods: 2009 Zuma 155
Just in Time for Labor Day Weekend good for you! Make sure you get out and ride that Zuma if you don't put at least 50 miles on it I'll be personally disapointed in you. I ride mine almost every day to work it's about 12 miles round trip. I've been able to ride to work every day for the past 2 weeks straight now with no rain or super bad fog. Something else you may want to do is get a fuelly.com account it's free, informational, fun and a lot of us on ZF here have one. Enjoy the new addittion to your collection and Good luck with the Yamaha Job! That's Awesome! We now have an inside man lol.

Yoshimura TRC Carbon Fiber Exhaust,KOSO LED Tail Light,NYC Lightweight Fan,GJMS Speedo Cable Holder,Simota Hi-Flow Filter,NCY Direct Ignition,Magazi Led Signal Mirrors,Embedded LED Rear Signals,GJMS Fan Cover,GJMS Oil Cap,GJMS Rear Stabilizer Bar,GJMS GP-5RT,GJMS Forks,Frando HF2 Radial Caliper w/GJMS Mount,GJMS 260mm Rotor,Swageline SS Braided Line,GJMS Axle Pulleys,GJMS Ti-Coated Front Axle,Accel Bar,Accel Steering Stem,NYC Grips,NYC Throttle Control,GJMS Lever Set,RX1N/PGO Digital Guage,12t Majest Gears,CF Swing Arm,RC 155cc Kit w/2nd gen SRP Injector,High Lift Cam,Aluminium Nikasil Cylinder,Lighter Cam Gear,3D Billet Heat Sinks,3D Cam Breather,BMW e46 HID Projector,Prototype LED Front Signals,CF Parts,TST Varaitor 11g/12g Weights,Ariete Bridgeport Angled Valve Stems,Pirelli Diablo Tires,FRC Torque Drive,PG HD Clutch Bell,HD Clutch,1k Torque Spring,NCY Torque Spring Bearing,KS CNC Floor Board Plugs,Daytona +2mm Kevlar Belt

Mango Tango Build Thread: http://www.zumaforums.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=19102

Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:33 am
Newb
Newb

Hey scooter maniacs. I'm new to the forum. I'm looking to purchase a new or used Zuma 125, still in my shopping phase but will have one soon. Currently a New Yorker but spend lots of time in the northern mountains of the poconos in Pennsylvania. Plan on tinkering around my community/town and to enjoy the many twisting roads through the mountains. Looking forward to reading and interacting with you guys for many miles. Thanks for having me.
Keep the rubber side down.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:09 am
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

scooters and mods: Zuma 125 (162cc BBK) TMAX 530
Zippy Scoot wrote:
Hey scooter maniacs. I'm new to the forum. I'm looking to purchase a new or used Zuma 125, still in my shopping phase but will have one soon. Currently a New Yorker but spend lots of time in the northern mountains of the poconos in Pennsylvania. Plan on tinkering around my community/town and to enjoy the many twisting roads through the mountains. Looking forward to reading and interacting with you guys for many miles. Thanks for having me.
Keep the rubber side down.

Welcome to the one and only ZumaForums! We look forward to your contribution!

Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:38 am
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: '09 Zuma 164
Well ... good luck ... this time of year should/could be gooood for you. Some guys would rather sell their scoots than store them for the winter.
Hold out ... you'll get what you're looking for.

So ... you're an OFF.ROAD -and- ON.ROAD rider.
Zippy Scoot wrote:
I'm looking to purchase a new or used Zuma 125. Currently a New Yorker but spend lots of time in the Poconos in Pennsylvania.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:19 pm
Newb
Newb

So I picked it up tonight. Its even better than I expected. My family and I all rode together in the car over the folks house to get it. Took my boy (4) for a short test ride on it and was hooked. Then the family followed my out to a Thai/Chinese/Sushi restaurant for dinner. Filled her up for $3.67 and just really like it. Already rode about 20 miles. I still have a cheap Chinese (Baja Motorsports) scooter that I've had for a few years just to putt around the neighborhood with the kids on thats sitting in the garage. I just never trusted it to commute on. Now I know why.....the Zuma is like a Rolls Royce and the Baja like a Yugo. Here is a shot when I got home:

My new office:

Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:56 pm
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

scooters and mods: Zuma 125 (162cc BBK) TMAX 530
We got a spy now! :ninja:

Congrats on the job and purchase!

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:10 pm
Profile WWW
Newb
Newb

First Mods are ordered, although minor. Just ordered the Zumalights harness and a couple 35W bulbs and then ordered C3 mirrors off boats.net. I may go with some HIDs at some point (still figuring out which kit to go with) and I'd like to at the KOSO afterburner tail light setup. Next though will be the rear rack, a top case so I can start commuting to work with some more space.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:12 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

Nice now I got an inside guy.... Perhaps you can answer a few questions for me.

1.) do they actually power the zuma with glitter and rainbows?

2.) when my error code for my engine fires up and flashes ... is that in fact an elf or small person in my own bike trying to contact me>

I have a few others but these are the bigger ones. Unless you know anything about using the old oil for a pudding mix.

Welcome to the forums. I am their leader. You can call me DOE, or J5.

Blisters to you and Yomica dreams!

2009 Zuma 164 cc - Ported head, 28mm TB, oil cooler ( Race concepts: http://www.facebook.com/RCscooters?fref=ts ) , (Average 70 mpg * est) Top speed ( 70 speedo tucked in any weather.) , Mutt Muffler and tst variator, PG clutch, rrgs 1000 rpm spring, png bell. Daytona belt. 12/39 gears 10/12 rollers.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:43 pm
Newb
Newb

Post resurrected from the dead!

So life changes.....sold the old Zuma year's back. No longer work at Yamaha. Had a new FZ1 (fully modded, 150 RWHP) that I just sold. Now have a new to me 2009 Blue Zuma 125 that I got for $2k with under 1000 miles on her stock. Just recently added dual light mod, a bag hook, and fresh Yamalube Synthetic Oil to engine and tranny.

Being that I'm 6'1, 250 I really need to drill the underside of the seat for some comfort and upgrade the suspension. Don't know about bore kit. Kinda fine with how it does stock. Maybe some new rollers/variator only? Need a rear rack too.

Already did a 4 hour, 150 mile round trip to N. GA mountains from my house. No issues.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]