View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Temperature light yw50F 
Newb
Newb

Post Temperature light yw50F
Hi, I’m a newbie here and just bought a 2013 Zuma 50f. When I drive it about a mile the temperature light comes on. I blew out the dirt from the radiator with the air compressor being careful of the fins. The fan of course works, the coolant looks blue and is oily feeling and only barely off full in the reservoir. I changed the oil then took it for another’s test and it came on again so I took the temperature of the motor and the oil with an infrared gun. 197 F on the motor down by the drain plug and almost that in the oil. I then took the temp of the coolant in the reservoir bottle and it was 93F. Now I’m thinking it is a faulty thermostat or air in the coolant lines or radiator. I’m a recently widowed 52 year old woman that likes to try to figure this stuff out and fix it without bothering my son, plus I’m on a fixed income and can’t afford to take it to a shop unless I have to. I need to know what temperature the motors are suppose to run at. And what else could be causing this light to come on. It has about 6000 Miles on it. And can I just take the thermostat out? Motor still sounds good to me too. Thanks in advance for any help I may get

Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:04 pm
Newb
Newb

Post Re: Temperature light yw50F
Hello STRESSED 1_2

Welcome aboard to Zuma world ! I am a 59 year old woman and on fixed income too. I have 2017 Zuma 125 and its about time to see older ladies like us riding Zuma !!!!!!!!

Zumaseniorlady59

Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]