View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 2014 Yamaha Zuma 50feo 4t issues 
Newb
Newb

Post 2014 Yamaha Zuma 50feo 4t issues
So I recently, within the last 6 months, bought a used Yamaha Zuma. Had 6700 miles on it and ran amazingly. It now has 11500 miles on it and is running a bit more sluggish. By sluggish I mean it used to do about 43 on flat surfaces with a decent take off and now it struggles very much to achieve 39ish mph on flat surfaces. It will still reach 45 downhill but it takes it much longer to get there.

So heres the maintenance I've performed:
-Oil changes with synthetic 20w50 oil every 1000 miles

-One gear oil change with synthetic 75w85 gear oil @10000 miles

-E3 iridium spark plug @10000 miles

-Air filter every 3000 miles

I'm not quite due for a V-belt but I'm curious if that would make such a huge difference in performance if there is no visible damage to belt. Also there is always a bit of oil in my air box, but my oil is never overfull. The breather tube is disconnected from the intake and plugged theres that. I'm stumped at what could be wearing out to cause such a performance decrease. Aside from a few mods this is still a 50cc scooter and I dont really want to move to a big bore kit. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:59 pm
Newb
Newb

Post Re: 2014 Yamaha Zuma 50feo 4t issues
I'm very disappointed that I had to look somewhere for help with my Zuma, but since I have figured out the issue I will share.
The oil in my air box is from blow-by due to worn out piston rings. A set of new rings costs 15 bucks online. Also you will need a honer @38mm that is an additional 20 bucks. Lastly while performing the piston rebuild you should readjust the valves to their original position as normal use causes them to no longer close and open properly.

Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]