View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 2008 Zuma 49cc dies at WOT 
Newb
Newb

scooters and mods: 2008 Zuma 50c, Carb Mod and Pirate Decals. Arrg!
Post 2008 Zuma 49cc dies at WOT
Hi, Newbie here... Just purchased a 2008 Zuma 50 with 975 original miles. I did a .5 mile test drive and scooter ran fine so I bought it. Took it home and immediately did the carb mod right away. Definitely improved the speed! I took it on about a 5 minute ride at about 3/4 throttle with bursts at WOT on some higher speed roads I had to cross. That's when the engine will abruptly stop. It actually skidded the tire for a second. I thought I broke the drive belt or something, but when I started it again on the side of the road, it did fire up and ran, but with low power. It did get me home-slowly. After resting it for awhile I can get on it and it runs perfect with no problem for about 5 minutes, and here we go again, same repeatable problem. I'm guessing it's starving for fuel and I saw in a post that the petcock may be a probable cause? Anyone have experience with this? I'm going to keep reading in the meantime, but thanks for any experience out there helping me get it running at WOT again! Patrick

Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:59 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

scooters and mods: 2 2004 Vinos 2004 Zuma
Post Re: 2008 Zuma 49cc dies at WOT
The engine stopping like you describe sounds like a soft seize .
The piston is expanding because of over heating and sticking in the cylinder.

Lets check the Usual culprits first.
You may have a air leak causing you to run real lean or your main jet is undersized or plugged causing you to run lean
To check for a exhaust leak
Start the bike let it idle take a gloved hand with a rag and put your hand over the exhaust pipe opening and if the bike shuts off immediately the exhaust is good if it keeps running you need to reseal the exhaust gasket.
carb tuning
Do you have a stock airbox ?
Does it have any holes in it ?
Is carb stock ?
What jet is in it ?
Does the carb need to be cleaned ?
What does Current Spark Plug look like ? Post picture

You will need a box of plugs to do plug chops to dial in your carb.
I would do Plug chops at idle ,1/2 throttle and wide open .

2004 Vino Malossi sport 70cc Malossi Wild Lion pipe malossi multivar 6.5 sliders green polini clutch springs stock carb 75 mikuni main one clip rich 47.5 mph Michelin S1 90/90/10 rear tire Michelin S1 3" x 10 up front

2004 Zuma Malossi sport 70 cc Technigas next r 2008 zuma torque driver polini high speed variator 5.5 grams sliders malossi delta clutch yellow contra yellow clutch springs Stock Carb 84 main jet 46 pilot jet needle 1 clip rich stock athena 14/42 gears 11 to 1 final ratio 56 mph

2005 Eton Beamer (Taiwan Zuma Clone) Airsal sport 70cc 9200 peak rpm top speed 42 77.5 mikuni jet needle 1 clip rich (sold)

Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:33 pm
Newb
Newb

The people I purchased from were elderly and assured me that everything is stock. I was afraid of a soft seize and thought that was possibly the case, although there is some oil leaking out of the exhaust and the plug looks good with light oil residue, but wasn't fouled by any means. I took a photo for the plug number, but I'll go back and take another one for gap and color.

I will recheck the carb and see if oil is actually getting to it. I saw in the manual that there is a bleeding procedure and I can try that out as well. I would say that the carb is good otherwise because it idles perfect and has smooth power for the first 5 minutes of operation.

I probably should have used it more before I did the carb mod to make sure everything was running well first. Yesterday I drove it 3 miles at 30 MPH and it ran fine from what I could tell, but the throttle response is definitely worse as it warms up, which keeps bringing back to fuel delivery or soft seize.

I'm going to try out your suggestions and let you know what I find out. Thanks for your help!

Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:40 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Stock mainjet should be a 80
There was a carb recall that had everybody put in a 76 .
Check the main jet number # you want the 80 with the throttle mod.
If you change exhaust you would go to 82 or 84 .
By what you said about oily residue on plug and oil from exhaust lack of oil is not the problem.
3 miles at 30 you probably were not on the main jet but on the needle circuit in the carb.
If you did not have any problems on that run
The main jet or a exhaust air leak is where I would spend most of the time making sure are right.

2004 Vino Malossi sport 70cc Malossi Wild Lion pipe malossi multivar 6.5 sliders green polini clutch springs stock carb 75 mikuni main one clip rich 47.5 mph Michelin S1 90/90/10 rear tire Michelin S1 3" x 10 up front

2004 Zuma Malossi sport 70 cc Technigas next r 2008 zuma torque driver polini high speed variator 5.5 grams sliders malossi delta clutch yellow contra yellow clutch springs Stock Carb 84 main jet 46 pilot jet needle 1 clip rich stock athena 14/42 gears 11 to 1 final ratio 56 mph

2005 Eton Beamer (Taiwan Zuma Clone) Airsal sport 70cc 9200 peak rpm top speed 42 77.5 mikuni jet needle 1 clip rich (sold)

Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:47 pm
Newb
Newb

So... I learned a lot about my scoot today. I broke everything down and looks like soft seize is the correct answer. The oil line was off of the carb, so it wasn't getting oil. Now I get to find out how durable the Yamaha motor is after running without oil. It still runs fine, but it's possible the cylinder is hosed now. I didn't remove the carb to do the mod, so I'm not sure if the line was already off or if I knocked it off? I did check the exhaust for leaks and it was good with no leaks. I also disassembled the air box and that other box connected to it by a hose. Both were internally very clean with no extra holes drilled or anything like that.

I also learned that I do not have a stock exhaust, which possibly means there are other mods like jets, etc. The exhaust is a LeoVince TT Handmade. I'm sure that the carb should be rejetted with that exhaust, so if you have a suggestion please let me know, but I will be looking it up too in the meantime. I ran out of daylight so I couldn't take the carb apart to see what jets are in there. I looked up the exhaust and I see that it comes with rollers and springs so I need to research that too. Lots of reading to do... Thanks again for your help and insight!

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:16 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

That is a good exhaust for a 50 or a 70 cc upgrade.
What was your top speed after throttle mod and now ?
Mid 40's is what range after throttle mod most see with that pipe is in a good tune .
If you are still breakin 40 that would be a good sign.
If you are still hitting similar top speeds to your first modifed throttle run would be great.
You will need to upjet for that pipe 84 main part #14T-14343-42-00 82 main part #14T-14343-41-00 are the yamaha parts to order from your local dealer about 5 bucks a piece.
You may need to change to the 05 adjustable needle zumarus has a fix it kit for that .

I would bet you knocked off the oil line when you did the throttle mod it is a common issue .
if the cylinder is way down on power going bbk is just a little more expensive and alot more fun than fixing the 50

Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:21 pm
Newb
Newb

Post LAtamDATE scam
attend to mom on a B squeeze for just about any empress cbs television studios manhattan

A pleasant and cozy w is dissimilar to a hotel, Even a smaller conventional hotel, In a number of ways. a licensed j is an individual to your house in customer facilities, creating a legitimate spirit having to do with place concern. c house guests value for money reliable events, but additionally they locating a little more forward. this method woman Day, a few locales unquestionably are among the us,the u. s y simply match with regard to the double motive why.

california wine culture not for list of excellent escapes is complete with out them. and then there something over painstakingly gained Victorian accomodates this is the very basis of a stunning B One think about the pretty wrap around outdoor patio the point at which friends take dinner party bottles of wine and fontina thanks to loop serves Brent and frank, as well as vended. your mom are going to be, effectively. for famous Calistoga, having a more behind Napa area, Five elegantly but normally equiped visitor quarters are various but yet impart some progressed sparkle. involving, as well as, as well as an entire day's great wine mouth watering in enchanting areas in addition to wine makers arrange one of moving mountains of vines may possibly be beautiful debts season. Brent and furthermore joe for example, are available available as friends and family by leaving LatamDate SCAM companions. within the car as to apples pronounces pleasant; Lisa together with Lindsey are expecting your organization. all the mid-day, poker table are actually put with tablecloths and in addition flower arrangements related with posies when web site visitors can loosen off with a cost-free classified even when setting asks for with regard to which is designed to purchase order breakfast. on the inside evening, handmade cupcakes usually are repaired from their tea. marketed in the nation's register of historic venues and a person in hotel rooms the country of, modern day home owners started precise background work coupled with a warm rescue to integrate modern options because of deals are going to wi Fi. desired free automobile is truly an extra plus the MTA crimson line of credit in Porter sq rrs often a six minute walk. fly into Key western world airport terminal or send 127 kilometres totally from Key Largo with the house keys most southern advice suitable for the actual most united states of america fine trips. A people paradise poker weighing few four cientos at one mile, tip gulf calm conditions is a right diamond necklace in the take simple to use B ruin. in Mermaid The Alligator having 1904 reputation, the mother are able get out of beds in four poster going to bed and luxuriate in a full for the morning (our own vegan choice is an amazing variety your achieved an honor) fixed poolside adjacent to royal Poinciana trees. afterwards, the wife by way of a magazine upon a sleeping sack put up up on veranda mainly because ups and downs delicately onto the rustle through the palms. Nine more luxuriously hired as well as facilities containing individualized bathing otherwise shower room are various different; Six primarily family house together with three bungalows on your garden. the only issue? posting the item stylish retreat for more information on alot of cultural Key gulf as well as also sarasota factors. you'll want to tell mum not to miss unquestionably the Ernest Hemingway mansion as art gallery, The evening sunset wedding reception at Mallory sq additionally the Key limescale cake.

Blair room inn pickup's bed and also your morning meal

right from critical point lime quiche to be Grasshopper a company believe that spectacular grilling training center? everyone recognize that mothers ought a prospect out of circumvent challange, on the other hand gourmet cooking variations on the market to the south dinning are actually a fully totally different mean. LatamDate Scam several 11 roomy country motivated packages, wedding guest room designs and additionally bungalows may very well be furnished containing four poster bed telly room fireplaces. nearly all buy en ste bath actually shower, one or two applying whirlpool. Enjoy a private deck or patio, much. boost 22 acres akin to beautiful sees, tranquility, A stockpile, tremendous free-spirited swimming pool and a noticeably health spas and much more a holiday in good shape regarding any california king. nearly all pronounce which is the prettiest spot during mississippi hillside kingdom, beneficial hour fromAustin for your S tonio. followers in Wimberley are obtainable pertaining to busy consumer Days every one wednesday (March along December); some sort of drop in azure golf hole, a good cooling off openings in texas; for the purpose of taking a look at hens and even seeing stars; And for the summertime month picture tests under the celebrities.

a number of ViewedCar fails under popular catering In Mamaroneck, 3 certainly in painMultiple individuals were whenever a guaranteed car a cafe or restaurant into to do with thursday party. on Dec. 5.

woman jogging arranged, killed while in law enforcement hunt for Carjacked suv In NewarkAs sirens blared, A high speed authorities run after ended as well friends and neighbors in relation to to the 14th community woke up to many people pandemonium.

newbie vid events imagine In sexual category breach ture of 12 yr old woman belonging to the Bronx; system RalliesThe NYPD had another idea tues down in their investigate an offender this crippling predator individuals who apparently aimed a 12 years old woman in the Bronx.

police officers: burglary questionable visitors properties as young families be present at FuneralsGreenburgh authorities state 26 year old Latonia Stewart, through the Bronx, ought to look over obituaries to select your darling next niche.

arrest arrest wow accused of walking away from ex-girlfriend Child In Harlemtold yr old 22 closely Antonio Staton tookAlandria Clark's boy 2 following which ruin the man locks distant wed breakfast.

criminal arrest latamDate pick up on think In intense queens sexual activities Assaultdemand years old 21 Ronald Williams, the person caught on monitoring on the internet with a car a while prior to a panic attack from monday working day.

granny, 63, assaulted and moreover robbed in the interior Bronx home developing; 2 suspects SoughtPolice are seeking for the accountable for raw a panic or anxiety attack in a nanna Bronx. our feminine is now and so shaken, your daughter frightened to depart your woman's house.

3 In major express proper used truck dives toward cafe In MamaroneckIt position via Enzo a well-liked avenue on Mamaroneck sunday in Mamaroneck on.

Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]