View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 8:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Slow take off 
Newb
Newb

Post Slow take off
I have I think it's a 2005 yamaha zuma 50 that I use as a pit bike. It sits during the winter months and used during the summer time. I keep it on a battery tender, I cleaned the carburetor, replaced fuel filter last year, replaced spark plug last year and it got very little use last year.

My issue is when I take off the engine revs up but it barely moves. I have to push off to get it rolling and then when it gets up to speed it's fine. I can rev the engine while on it's kick stand and it sounds fine (no sputtering/bogging). Also I don't know if it's any issue but it's always smoke pretty bad. But I read it could be build up inside the muffler. The slow take off is my concern...

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by Jamie4127 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:44 am
Newb
Newb

Post Re: Slow take off
The vin tag says 07/07 so maybe it's a 2008? And it has 952 miles. Also it's all stock.

Thanks.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:54 am
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

im assuming you have an after market fuel filter as these don’t come with a fuel filter
Are you sure the filter flows enough fuel

It’s a two stroke they fornicate smoke as long as the air hose is still hooked to the pipe it will burn it all off and not plug withnoil

Have you ever replaced the belt or the springs the belt is old and glazed and is slipping
You also mention nothing about the air filter

Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:29 pm
Newb
Newb

Well I might be mistaken but I thought last year I replaced a small fuel filter/screen that was inside the fuel line.I haven’t touched the belt or springs. Is it difficult or replace?
I did clean the air fuel with soap and water. I had the problem before doing the maintenance and it has not improved.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:27 am
Newb
Newb

Anyone have any more information about replacing the belt and springs? And is this something fairly easy to do?

I would like to order or pick up the parts this week and get it going if possible.

Thanks.

Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:36 pm
Newb
Newb

Does the new belt and spring solve the issue?

Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]