View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 4:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Finally started upgrading my 4T Classic 
Newb
Newb

Post Finally started upgrading my 4T Classic
After a ton of research, and a chat with JIang Wayne, I've decided to start with the unrestricted CDI unit. In his testing he said that with the unrestricted CDI unit only, the classic will do ~45Mph.

A little on the pricey side, but this is more for the tinkering/fun aspect than actually getting real hardcore performance out of the bike. Should be here in a couple weeks, they are currently out of stock, but expecting more soon!
http://www.jiangwayne.com/scooter/p_i.php?i=227
The other minor upgrade I did was going to an iridium plug. No performance improvement, but now it does start also immediately, which it didn't do before, so I'm happy with the $7 invested there.

Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:44 am
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Re: Finally started upgrading my 4T Classic
I think doing the CDI is a smart move, cant wait to see how it does for the overall performance. Some claim 50mph but I just dont know about that. When you get it installed, throw up some numbers.

Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:28 pm
Newb
Newb

velcro did you ever get that cdi installed on your vino? Did it help? im thinkin about buying one for my wifes vino but dont really want to spend the money if its not worth it. Wish there were more performance parts for the 4t

Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:06 pm
Zumaforums V.I.P.

Velcro hasn't logged in since September of 2008, he probably won't be replying to your question. If you click the little tab marked "profile" next to the date of the post, it will bring up the OP's profile. :)

Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:49 pm
Newb
Newb

Winter really ate my desire to think about the Scoot for awhile! Sorry about the delay, but I'm back in action.

The CDI STILL has yet to come. There was a shipping snafu, with somehow jiangwayne getting my previous address from paypal. Bottom line, it finally got sorted out, and I got a real shipping confirmation a couple days ago on it. So it should be here in the next week, from there I just need it to get warm enough for me to take the Scoot out!

I'll let you know how it goes, I'm hoping for something out of the top end on it.

Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:29 am
Zumaforums V.I.P.

Welcome back! I know it probably cold as heck up where you live, I think its cold just about everywhere in the nation right now. Glad your finally getting your parts, hopefully it will get the top speed you desire. Thanks for checking in!

Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:45 am
Newb
Newb

So I finally got that CDI. Sunday I got my scoot out, started with 2 kicks, brought it for a 10 min ride. Changed oil, everything is running great! The battery picked up a charge after that 10 min ride, and now is electric starting like it is supposed to!

Anyway, I installed the CDI yesterday. Before my scooter would max out at 38 MPH no matter what I did to it (down hills, etc). After the CDI installation, the scooter maxes out at exactly 38 MPH. That's right, not one single MPH different. Even down steep hills etc.

Bottom line, I'm a bit irritated. I've emailed jiangwayne to see if there is any explanation. I'm looking for other mods though, possibly roller weights or something. Any suggestions are welcome :)

Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:02 pm
Newb
Newb

Im glad I read this before i ordered the cdi too. I guess now im gonna have to go with some exhaust. I found one on ebay. its listed for a c3 but the shop owner claims it will fit the vino classic too. Luckily the shop is only about 15 minutes from where i live so as soon as it warms up enough im gonna take the vino there to check it out.

here is the exhaust http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chinese- ... 0283440189

Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:26 pm
Newb
Newb

Very nice richie! Let me know how that turns out.

I ordered up a set of 3.5gr Dr Pulley sliders. They supposedly work really well on the C3, and the variators are identical according to the guys at KS Powersports, so I'll let you know how it goes!

Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:38 pm
Newb
Newb

Success!

So bottom line, I'm convinced that the variator nut CANNOT be taken off without an impact wrench. Luckily Menard's had one on sale for $20 this week.

I installed my Dr. Pulley sliders. Got everything back together. It's icy out, but I took I had to take it out for a quick around the block. The acceleration is enormously better. There is a steep hill by my house that usually drops the scoot to ~32 if I hit it at full speed. I hit the hill going about 20 and by the top of the hill I was moving 35.

Coming down the other side the needle hit 40MPH. It has never eeked above 38 regardless of the steepness of the hill I'm coming down. So not a complete test by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm very excited by it. I'll report more once the roads are a bit safer. *glances at the weather report* stupid Minnesota.

Bottom line I think the weights in it to begin with must be heavy enough that the engine can't get to max RPMs. It's the only thing that makes sense to me.

Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:06 pm
Newb
Newb

Glad to see that it worked. Do you happen to know the weight of the stock rollers? I might order some sliders next week.

Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]