View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 minarelli 50cc starter clutch clank 
Newb
Newb

Post Re: minarelli 50cc starter clutch clank
I checked that, i bent the little extension part further to the gear, it wont wiggle up there but on the down side its still loose.
It'll start to ring above 7000rpm so basically all the time i am driving.

I am driving without the starter parts right now, i dont want to risk something getting completely loose again and ruin the vario (again).
But i guess there is nothing i can do, the parts are original aprilia and in fine condition and from the look on your fotos it's correctly put together.

I didnt use the starter until last week because the old battery was too weak to crank it so i never noticed this problem.

Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:35 am
Silver Member
Silver Member

scooters and mods: 2001 Prebug: TP Trophy 70cc, Leo Vince ZX-R De-Restricted, Dellorto 17.5 PHVA converted to manual choke-90MJ-45pilot, At
I run a 2001 zuma which is the same starter system.
Maybe just pick up a new Idler Gear Plate- Part 9.
http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Y ... parts.html

Attachments:
2001 starter.png
2001 starter.png [ 129.48 KiB | Viewed 550 times ]

2001 Prebug, TP Trophy 70cc, Leo Vince ZX-R De-restricted, Dellorto PHVA 17.5 converted to manual choke- 88 MJ, 45 Pilot, OEM Airbox, Athena Variator, Doppler 15/50 Upgears, Erlandson Kevlar Belt, Motoforce 107mm Clutch & OEM Bell, Malossi White Contra Spring, Malossi Torque Controller, Leo Vince "stiff" clutch springs, Custom Vented CVT, F1 CF Mirrors, CF Fan Cover, CF Airbox Cover, BWS Tail Light, Trimmed Rear Rack, STR8 Front Turn Signals, 5v USB Power Supply, Custom Donut Graphics by jdubbya, Cool Azz Underglow
Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:07 am
Newb
Newb

Anyone ever run into this, or figure out what it was? I think I have the same noise. You can hear it on top of the starter gear whine as a sort of clanking, almost grinding sound, and then as soon as it starts it goes away. Doesn't happen at all on kick start. I had then transmission cover off, there is nothing obviously grinding, but I haven't taken the clutch apart yet. It sounds terrible.

Youtube video:

[youtube]https://youtu.be/jN6GkuyeQrM[/youtube]

Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2