View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Zuma died off on idle, would not start 
Newb
Newb

Post Zuma died off on idle, would not start
Hello. I have a 2009 Zuma 125, a little over 20K miles on it. Oil is being changed regularly, air filter too, recently changed the driving belt. Few days ago, on my way home, as I was getting closer to a stop sign, I slowed down in preparation to stop. In that moment, the scooter just went silent and died. I waited some 15 minutes, as it did that before but after I waited a bit, it would start. Not this time though - now it would not start. When I turn the key on, I hear the fuel pump buzzing, and then try to start it with rear brake + start button combo - nothing. It turns as if getting ready to start but nothing after. The spark plug got changed (not by me) - that did not fix the issue. The battery is fine, there is a spark, there is gas in the tank, and the fuel pump is pumping out fuel. I read in the forum that the issue could be with the fuel and air lines from/to tank. Could it be a fuse and if so - which one..? I also read that it could be the canister. Has anybody else experienced that problem? Thank you in advance, and please forgive me if my questions are unprofessional - I am very new to this.... P.S. I live in Los Angeles, the weather is almost always perfect for riding, so hot/cold cannot be an issue...

Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]