View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 2008 zuma 50 WONT START after seems like trying everything 
Scooterologist

Post 2008 zuma 50 WONT START after seems like trying everything
So I had my scooter not starting at all a while back after sitting for a while. It had a top trophy 70cc kit and dellorto 17.5mm carb with 13.5k miles on the scoot. Installed those parts at about 4500 miles.

I drained the fuel tank and replaced with fresh gas. Pulled the carb and used carb cleaner on it along with some jet cleaner pipes and could see plenty of light through the jets so I knew they were clean. Replaced the spark plug. Confirmed spark.

Once I did all that and had it together it wouldn't start unless I sprayed starter fluid in the airbox. It would run once started. Did this a few times then eventually later in the day on the 5th or 6th try to start it with starter fluid it just wouldn't start. It kicks over fine with the kickstart.

Now just recently I was like screw it maybe the cylinder is bad so I took it all off and put the stock cylinder and carb back on after cleaning it up. Even with starter fluid the thing still wont start. The kill switch works and the electric start will try to work if I hook up a big jump starter box to the battery terminal wires. but The electric start has never really worked since I had the scooter at 3500 miles.

The only thing I haven't been able to do is a compression test which I will have a tool from amazon tomorrow to try but part of the reason of going back to the stock cylinder was that I knew it was working perfectly fine when I took it off.

At this point I have no clue what to do. it kicks over easily but it just doesn't even sound like it's trying to start.

Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]