View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 I have a hard time going for 0 to 10 and then OK 
Newb
Newb

Post I have a hard time going for 0 to 10 and then OK
I bought a polini kit

https://www.scootertuning.ca/en/engine- ... -70cc.html

which is:

Engine Package Polini Sport 70cc (Bws/Zuma)
Model: P-PL001
Complete engine package for Yamaha Bws 2002-2011. Package include Polini Sport 70cc cylinder kit, Variator Polini Hi-Speed, Exhaust Polini Speed, Main jet set Stage6 80-102 6mm, Spark plug BR9ES, Polini 16x13 roller and Polini torque spring (Soft).

I installed the 86 main jet

I removed the exhaust restriction washer at the entrance of the pipe and drill through the exit hole of the pipe because it was also obstructed with some metal too

My Zuma 2009 engages right away as soon as I give gas. At low rev, when I give it gas and has no tork, it's tough to do 0-10 mph after that it seems to be fine. I didn't go full speed yet as I have a new motor and I am stuck with the rodage crap.

I tried the move the carb needle up but I think we can't on a 2009 (throttle mod) so I started fooling out with the a/f screw of the carb but I have no clue what I am doing. There is a sweet spot where it revs higher but enriching or leaning for that spot is slowing down the throttle and this is weird. I tried to run it lean or rich but always same thing, no tork unless I reach half speed.

Help me! What should I do, I want tork! The motor has amazing compression, it's even hard to crank start it!
It sounds like a Harley Davidson now.

Should I change the carb? How to adjust that carb! Should I change the main jet down to 84? Or go to 88? I have an oversized air box too.

Help!

Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:09 pm
Newb
Newb

Post Re: I have a hard time going for 0 to 10 and then OK
I removed the polini variator, contrasping and clutch spring and put back the Yamaha parts and now all is OK

I kept the main jet 86, the polini muffler and I can finally ride.

I suspect the polini clutch kit to come with too light rollers because I couldn't get the strap to reach the top of the variator.

All I am affraid of now is over-rev driving lean... I will check the spark plug in the coming days and if lean I will put the 88 main jet

Anyway

Giovanni

Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:54 am
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

scooters and mods: 08 zuma dual headlight tmod rally kit cutom red paint koso mirros red anodized trans bolts
First off if that’s the oem carb it’s not the right jets.
Read my thread why use the right jets find the part number and get an 84 oem from Yamaha if your running the oem carb
Order the needle and clip from and 05 while your at it
You should just have a little metal cap over the af screw drill a small hole not too deep and pop it out
If it’s some epoxy dookie throw the carb away and don’t run on it
Keep the oem airbox they use the same airbox on the 100cc out of Australia

Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:55 pm
Newb
Newb

Thanks, jmkjr72, I will put the 84 main jet as you said (polini though) and will change the needle to a 2005 version as you said and lift it 1 nudge up.

The a/f screw, I cleared the metal cap on it a good while ago.

I will keep the oversized airbox, i don't think it really matters as this is just a bigger sponge and air entry resistance is controlled by the a/f screw.

Again thank you for your advices!

Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:42 am
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

scooters and mods: 08 zuma dual headlight tmod rally kit cutom red paint koso mirros red anodized trans bolts
Don’t bother dozing anything if your not going to read what I said put an oem tk 84 jet in not a fuckng other brand
Numbers don’t mean dookie from one brand to another brand they label them differently
Just because it fits doesn’t mean it’s right one brand will base the number off and f hole size another will base it off of flow and then there are the others who use several different formulas who combine flow and hole size

Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:27 am
Newb
Newb

Job done bro, I bought a 2005 carb, I had the needle moved up 1 nodge, I changed the main jet to a 84 Polini, I know it pisses you off but just the freaking carburetor came from Dubai, a jet Yamaha 84 would have come from planet Mars.

All I want to tell you is a big big thank you because my scooter now runs like a starving whore. I am not ashamed to go through cars because at the red light they smell my exhaust and jaw down. Fits my personality understand? :P

Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:09 pm
Newb
Newb

Oh well, job done but now it sucks... can't go higher than 38 mph because it coughs as if it was drinking too much gasoline and I lose power. Also the idle is irregular and sounds like a diesel truck...

After going fast I can smell heat coming from burning paint on my muffler, seems like the motor is over heating

So I JUST ORDERED A REAL TK 84 from http://www.jiangwayne.com/scooter/p_i.php?i=327

I will post when I install the correct jet, you were right...

Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]