View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 2008 Zuma 2T Upgrade Plan 
Newb
Newb

scooters and mods: 2008 Zuma, 2012 Ruckus
Post 2008 Zuma 2T Upgrade Plan
EDIT - adding in my goal - to get my 130lb kid to school and back safely, daily. The means going 45mph up hills and top speed of 55mph.

Hi -
I just bought a Zuma 2T and want to hop it up. Just now buying this:
YAMAHA ZUMA 50 2T STAGE 2 PERFORMANCE KIT
https://www.scooterworks.com/Yamaha-Zuma-50-2t-Stage-2-Performance-Kit-P13611.aspx
Which includes:
Performance NCY Exhaust
NCY Super Transmission Kit*
NCY Cylinder Kit
Prima 6mm Dellorto Jet Kit
NCY Exhaust Gasket

Also planning to get a new belt.

Any comments, suggestions, etc.
I'll keep this thread going with some build info as the project unfolds. Once the engine gets squared away, I may do cosmetic upgrades, new tires, suspension, brakes, etc. But - I want to get this done first before making those other investments.

Attachments:
File comment: Hoping that those drip stains are from some other vehicle. This is the po's photo from his craigslist ad. So far, no leaking in my garage, but it's been less than 24 hours.
scooter.jpg
scooter.jpg [ 485.97 KiB | Viewed 888 times ]

Matte Black 2008 Zuma 50: NCY 70cc Sport kit, NCY exhaust, Dellorto 17.5, NCY Clutch with yellow contra spring, Malossi MultiVar with 8g Dr Pulley sliders, Malossi Kevlar belt, Sport 70 airbox, Doppler intake manifold, Stage6 Reed cage, Nology hotwire, Malossi RS3 shock, TTO temp and tach, Boppers.

Last edited by Jack667 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:36 am
Newb
Newb

Post Re: 2008 Zuma 2T Upgrade Plan
Update:
We have the exhaust installed but ran into problems with the carb / throttle mod. We hacked up the throttle cam pretty well, needed since this is an '08. But we were also guided to remove the cap on the air screw and I hacked that up pretty bad. Now it won't start and I think I'll need to buy a new carb. At least I can get a performance part, such as the 19mm Dellorto.
Next step is to sort that out and also refresh the tranny stuff with the parts we got in the kit.

Attachments:
cam.jpg
cam.jpg [ 197.24 KiB | Viewed 873 times ]

Matte Black 2008 Zuma 50: NCY 70cc Sport kit, NCY exhaust, Dellorto 17.5, NCY Clutch with yellow contra spring, Malossi MultiVar with 8g Dr Pulley sliders, Malossi Kevlar belt, Sport 70 airbox, Doppler intake manifold, Stage6 Reed cage, Nology hotwire, Malossi RS3 shock, TTO temp and tach, Boppers.
Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:43 am
Newb
Newb

Old stock carb off. Throttle cam hack is off. Dellorto 17.5 carb is on. Exhaust is on. Tranny kit is on. Just waiting on the cylinder kit, as it was on backorder. New air filter installed. I have a new '9' plug that I need to put on. And then I need to put the body back together and ride it for a while! Stay tuned...

Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:14 pm
Newb
Newb

Body back on. Bogged a bit after a quick start and then adjusted the A/F screw. Now better, but was hoping for more speed. Going 35-37 up some of the hills around here. There's not much flat, it's either up or down, but maybe we'll get off of the regular commute and find the flats around here. Going about 40 mostly. Can get up to about 52 going down hill, but then slows down to that 35-37 going up.
The 70cc kit mentioned above is now in from backorder, on the way to me, and due in the next few days. I also decided to order a Nology hot wire, Minarelli sport 70 airbox, manifold intake, and 5g weights for the variator. All that stuff should come soon.
Plan to jet the carb between 85 and 95, once the 70cc goes in. It's at 80 now - stock Dellorto.
The rest of the setup is above and in sig.
Starting to research reeds. Hmmm...
Interested in ideas on how to hop it up a bit more, but if I can get the speed to 45 up the hills and 55 on flats, I'll be more than happy. Not sure how close I'll get with the gear that's on already, and on order, on the way.
I'll keep updating here.

Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]