View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Need advice on which jet range should work. 
Scooterologist

Post Need advice on which jet range should work.
I have a 2004 zuma with a 70cc mkll bbk and 12mm wrist pin stage6 hpc crank with the stock woodruff key, 19mm stage6 dellorto carb that came with a #92 main and #50 pilot. Stock airbox with snorkle and stock exhaust. Green malossi clutch springs.

The accelleration is extremely slow and it bogs up any slope. The idle screw sounds best when it is over four turns out. I am at sea level and I think it is far too rich. I tried changing the contrast spring to polini medium and using both 5gram and 4gram rollers with the stock variator without much difference.

It would be of great help if someone could tell me what range I should expect the jets to fall into? I also need to know if putting in extra variator shims is recommended because the belt seems to ride to the top just fine but it has a hard time staying low (I think) or is the current jetting making that big of a difference?

Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:10 pm
Scooterologist

Post Re: Need advice on which jet range should work.
I really could use some guidance in what direction I should go. I am worried I will end up seizing the engine.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:36 pm
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

Well anything more then 2 turns means it's time for a diffrent pj
Do some plug chops and see how you are looking
If you Are rich (that's what it sounds like can't be sure I'm not there in person) you aren't going to seize it up
Just a stab a 45 pj w7 needle and an 88 mj but that's just a guess and assuming you are running the right plug a br9hs but that kit Hasan updated port map so I have no expcerience with it but you also failed to mention what mk2 kit sport or race
If it's not the sport good luck the stock pipe isn't going to get any where near the power band

Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:56 pm
Scooterologist

It is a race kit and the stock pipe is just temporary for a few months. I have heard it is still rideable with the stock pipe but it just will be restricted.

I am using that spark plug and the spark plugs are coming out white with a tiny bit of carbon on the hook above the electrode.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:33 pm
Scooterologist

I plan on making the exit port bigger in the exhaust as well probably about two inches in width because it is violently shooting out massive air.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:35 pm
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

First off that's not a plug chop
http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Plug_chop
You are looking for a 2 mm smoke ring at the base of the plug

You really have a long way to go if you want to run a race kit on the road

Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:03 pm
Scooterologist

The electrode on the plug is a dark brown but everything else it still looks brand new. I am using three gaskets plus the o ring. I find it hard to believe I won't be able to ride even a few blocks at stock speeds without further modifying.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:26 pm
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

Are you talking about 3 base gaskets and an Oring as a head gasket

I don't care about what your plug looks like u less you are doing g a proper plug chop
If you have color and are less then 500 miles it's pig fornicate rich
But saying yyou are reread 4 turns out on the af screw tells me you are oig rich on idle tp 1/4 throttle

And blocks is no good you need an open space to tune where you can hold a throttle range

To set uo a kit and pipe it takes at least 7 plugs
One to warm the engine up on
Then put a new plug in test 1/4 throttle
Put another new plug in the test just I've 1/2 throttle
Put another new plug in another nd the test wot
Look for a 2 mm smoke ring at the base of the Estes the he plug Less your lean more your rich
Make adjustments and start all over

I personally like the pj set then work on the needle and mj at theestestheheest one same theestestheheestoheime because the needle has so much overlap

Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:12 pm
Scooterologist

Yeah that is three base gaskets under the cylinder. I read it is not a bad idea when used often because of carbon build up. The very top head sits quite a far ways down in the cylinder.

I will do proper plug chop once it is rideable. It is the big idle screw that has to be out super far. The gold little screw I think is air only. It still needed to be out more than two turns.

It does not stall when reved on a stand and suddenly let off. Its just while moving.

I heard that I need to take out a metal ring under the jet because it causes scooters to run lean.

Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:34 pm
Scooterologist

What do you think about the Yasuni R? Is it streetlegal to your knowledge? What "quiet" expansion pipe would you recommend for the mk2 kit?

Thank you for helping me. It is helping calm my nerves and anticipation in waiting for these jets. I almost ordered from a store in The United States of America because we have thanksgiving on a different day than you guys. It was last weekend.

Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:56 pm
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

So what is your squish with all those gaskets
I bet your well over the specs for your kit
They give the diffrent gaskets so you can match the port timings to your pipe
If I remember the specs they aim for is about.7mm and dollars to doughnuts your over 1mm

As for a leagle pipe I have no idea as far as I know most are not

Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:00 pm
Scooterologist

I heard the Yasuni City is very close to a c19 so I will probably get that. I had no idea it was to match the port timings to an exhaust.

I have not checked the squish but I will once I can find a micrometer that is not a hundred dollars. I am sure the squish is more than a mm with yamabond inbetween each gasket. Would having lower compression from the extra squish be better for the stock exhaust? It would be more like the stock cylinder.

Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:58 pm
Scooterologist

Okay so after recieving my parts today I installed the proper jets and got it runing good enough that it is a better than stock. Now I will need to take out the snorkle and tune the transmission. Thanks for the help I think I can manage from here.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:46 pm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I'V always been a monster fan of the F 14 tomcat for a jet.

Attachments:
141.jpg
141.jpg [ 102.26 KiB | Viewed 352 times ]

Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]