View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 YAHAMA ZUMA - Uni Pod tuning 19mm advise? 
Scooterologist

Post YAHAMA ZUMA - Uni Pod tuning 19mm advise?
Need help tuning my scooter that currently has a uni pod filter and 19mm with 92MJ and 45PJ currently on. I have (40,42,45 PJ at my disposal to change around and a full set of needles) currently have a W7 needle 2 notches from the bottom.

WOT seems good so far so I don't think I have to change that at the moment. What happens is throttling up to 1/4 or 1/2 there is a bog/delay in response. If I let go of the throttle and then throttle it again it seems to catch up and runs fine up too WOT. Not to sure what to do here. Thinking about increasing 1 notch up and then testing and seeing if that works. Hopefully there can be advice on where to go next. I know majority of the community here would suggest just tuning with a stock airbox as it is easier but I would like to see if I can just run the uni pod filter instead.

Athena 70cc Kit w/ Carbon Fiber Reeds, Stage6 HPC 12mm Crankshaft, 19mm Racing Dellorto Carb(88 Main Jet, 45 Pilot), 107mm Delta Clutch(Malossi Green Clutch Springs), Malossi Yellow Torsion Controller, Stage6 Wingcooler Wingbell, Malossi Multivar (27g Roller Weights), Yasuni City R Exhaust, Pirelli SL26 Front/Rear, Large Airbox

Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:03 am
Scooterologist

Post Re: Uni Pod tuning 19mm
I would say change the pilot jet if it gets worse go the other way and vice versa. Maybe mess with the airfuel screw but I think that's not for 3/4 throttle. Bit I did see a video where the guy was tuning it and it made the bike more responsive down low. Maybe adjust the main jet the same way one up or one down see what happens. I am trying to use the uni air hole vents on mine to get gains so I know the struggle. No one here likes to mess with the airbox. You might want to try 49cc.con or scooterforums.net there is alot more info than just on minerelli horizontal. The gains are there just got to fine tune it.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]