View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Zuma 50 Kickstand Conundrum Solved! 
Newb
Newb

Post Zuma 50 Kickstand Conundrum Solved!
My first post here as a new Zuma owner.

I know this has been talked about in various threads, but it seems like a definitive solution for retrofitting a kickstand onto a Zuma 50 is a little bit elusive. Some of the stands I was able to find referenced in threads here and elsewhere on the web don't seem to be in production anymore. My woman can't ride the scooter without a kickstand (she can't manage the center stand very easily), so I needed to figure this out.

Anyway, the stand that worked GREAT on my 2008 is readily available from http://www.drowsports.com and is this one made by Buzzetti:

http://www.drowsports.com/product/375/C ... Horizontal)

It went on in well less than an hour, and the only "mod" I needed to do was a very simple cutout in the grey plastic pan. I used a rotozip and it was a cinch. The stand is a little pricey at $45 or so, but well worth it in my mind. I will try to post some pics but the Drow website has some excellent installation pics if you just click on the item on their site. Hope this is helpful to someone!!

:)

Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:02 pm
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post Re: Zuma 50 Kickstand Conundrum Solved!
I wouldnt mind seeing some pics of the install. My wife has the same problem with the centerstand.

The way i see it, the internet friendship is like a scooter in india. we got room Dub, if you want to be part of this show? IN the india, zuma, friendship scooter you got at least 5 to 6 spots. We got 3 full... in Mike, Bio, and me... and we are best friends... but we are looking for 2 more people to fill the full wolf pack.... Are you part of the pack?

Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:51 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

i think its pretty cheap for a kickstand, especially since it flips up by itself!

Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:12 pm
Newb
Newb

I love this kickstand! One of my favorite mods!... I just wish it tucked in a tad bit higher. I've scraped it a few times on sharp left turns.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:33 am
Newb
Newb

Sorry for the delay in posting pics.... I didn't do the best job trimming back the plastic, though I might neaten it up at some point. Though I'd say it's pretty low on my 'must do' list at the moment since the kickstand is working beautifully. Just to reiterate, the whole thing took maybe a half hour. Really happy I did this & hope these pics might help someone out. BTW, no mod to the battery compartment was needed at all. :)

Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:21 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

I promise I'm not posting this to be an burro - even though I may be in spite of myself - but I simply will never understand the lust for a kickstand on a Zuma.

What's wrong with the center stand?

'05 Zuma 50, Athena 70cc with Polini head (.9 squish), B9ES spark plug; timing advanced about 2˚; Leo Vince HM 70 pipe, silencer from ZX-R (1-1/2" longer); stock airbox no snorkel, 5 x 1/2" holes; Stage6 21mm racing PHBG, 45/95/W7 1 lean/40 slide; Polini/Power One 12mm HPC crank; Athena 42/14 straight cut gears, 11:1; 107mm Malossi Delta clutch, ± 5800 RPM engagement, Stage6 Kupplungsglocke; Malossi Overrange kit red contra and 36G Dr. Pulley sliders; VForce 3 reeds; Michelin Bopper tires; RFY shock; dual headlight wiring; C3 mirrors; Trailtech TTO tachometer and temp gauge.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:44 pm
Newb
Newb

Hey - oh, it's just the fact that my wife won't use the scooter without it. she is 5'2" and the center stand is too hard for her to use. I think others have had similar experiences. I also use the kick stand if I am parked in such a way that the center stand is a pain (line on a slight downward incline). I live in Vermont so there is almost no place flat ;-)

Nick Batzdorf wrote:
I promise I'm not posting this to be an burro - even though I may be in spite of myself - but I simply will never understand the lust for a kickstand on a Zuma.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:59 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

For me the spring on the service stand got weak. all the bushings went bad, worn sloppy, and the service stand started to touch the bottom on the motor. So the service stand had to go. Otherwise, I'd have both.

I searched until i found a bws like my zuma were I could see the factory mount for a kickstand, then I duplicated the mount exactly as a factory the mount that was omitted for USA, and welded it rock solid in the factory location it was meant to be placed. I don't think I would of been happy about it done any other way.
I also bought a kickstand that was meant to bolt right up and look actually as it should without modifying the plastic. Once again, I don't think I would of been happy about it done any other way.

Besides, the lean looks badass !! make it lean more , more badass !! pff It won't fall. :cool:

Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:13 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

I put one on for 2 reasons, The C-16 pipe & girl friend. You can set the stand to close when you lift the bike or move the spring pivot so that it lock's in the down position, more secure. IMO

Attachments:
Bwzzetti.jpg
Bwzzetti.jpg [ 11.96 KiB | Viewed 4182 times ]
All Done.JPG
All Done.JPG [ 256.93 KiB | Viewed 4182 times ]
Side weld.JPG
Side weld.JPG [ 140.7 KiB | Viewed 4182 times ]

Stage 6 Street Race/12mm Piston,.08 Sq, Stage 6 HPC 12mm Crank, Polini C-3 Race Brg. MVT Inner Rotor, Leo Vince GP, TNT- Adj- Inj Pump / Y-Plate, Elf Moto 2XT, Malossi Over-Range Var-38.5 Slider's,Torque Boost Rear Pulley & Stage 6 k-belt, S-6 Blk Soft Contra, DR HIT Clutch,yellow/blue pillow. + STG 6 433 Bell, 15-50 Up Gear, Moto Tassinari VF3 Reedcage, Clone-Blk 21mm, MJ #-94,PJ#42, W-7 2nd , 45*Slide, OEM Airbox , Snorkle out, 5 vents, Side Stand, Daytona Style Alloy Wheels, WD Torsion Arm, Stage 6 R/T Multimeter, Strt-8-HD Fan Trimmed + Air Scoop 50cc Fan Housing, Frt - Pirelli - SL 26 - 120/90/10, Rear- Shinko - 160/70/12, Frando Racing / 5DV-001 Ceramic Rear Brks
Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:30 pm
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

billys wrote:
Hey - oh, it's just the fact that my wife won't use the scooter without it. she is 5'2" and the center stand is too hard for her to use. I think others have had similar experiences. I also use the kick stand if I am parked in such a way that the center stand is a pain (line on a slight downward incline). I live in Vermont so there is almost no place flat ;-)

you know that is the worst time to leave a cvt scoot on a side stand as the rear wheel is always free rolling
you have been lucky it hasnt rolled away on you

Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:53 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Nick Batzdorf wrote:

I cant have one, most people that go past the point of no return to stock have to dump the center stand due to using a race pipe. My Pipe will not allow for a center stand and the center stand is in the way all the time for most tuners. if I need to split the cases the center stand is just one extra thing in the way. its as much of a paint in the burro as the orignal motor mount upper bolt with the c clamp pins.

on a side note why did the orignal poster of this thread cut your plastics? that is a huge hole on the side of your zuma.

see on the image now my pipe runs where the mount is

PARTS I HAVE FOR SALE: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25979&p=343624#p343624

Last edited by specalk on Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:05 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

I like having a sidestand, its actually kind of nice. But I didnt like having to give up my centerstand.

Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:49 am
Scooterologist

I ha e an 05 zuma 50cc and have purchased that kickstands from Drow. It seems to me that the battery. Oz is in the way and may take some tinkering. Can anyone who has successfully done this explainto me more about the correct place to mount.t it. A.y new pics would be super .thx

Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:04 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

I have a buzetti on my ruckus
it sucks
it wont stay locked down and slight breeze and im not joking will flip it up
I had to remove one spring just to make it less sensitive and thankfully I have a lever to lock the brake

I read in the first post it was mentioned it flips up automatically, so im guessing its just like my ruckus kickstand

its safer to have it lock down and stay locked
im not sure if they did this way on purpose or it wanst mechanically possible but its not safe for the scooter

maybe the zuma leans better but not on mine its almost straight up
I had to grind metal away and bend the bracket to get more of a lean

2010 Zuma 155cc
BWS X Digital Gauges<>Clear Smoke BWS 125 Turn Signal Covers<>Billet Bar Ends<>Front Brake Rotor 260mm<>Razor Cam Covers<>NCY Breather Assembly<>Polini EVO Clutch Bell<>Dipstick Temp Gauge<>RRGS Front and Rear Shocks<>Dual 5000K HID's 35w High/Low Beam<>Black RRGS Brake levers<>Cob Halo Led's<>TST 2 Stage Variator 9gL 10gS <>NCY Oil Cooler<>Yamaha Skid Plate<>NCY Contra Spring Bearing<>1000 Rpm RRGS Contra Spring<>Shorty Stock Exhaust<>NCY Direct Ignition Coil<>Lightweight Cooling Fan<>Koso Cable Clamps<>High Lift Cam+Lightened Cam Sprocket<>Underseat Storage Bag<>Stage 6 (Koso) Clutch<>Accel Handlebars<>Koso Brake Light<>Lightweight Swingarm<>RRGS 4 Pot Caliper<>Stainless Braided Brake Line<>Lightened F|ywheel<>OEM Headlight Screens<>Zubiku Wing<>Air Horn<>Custom Made 9 inch stretch<>Koso High Flow Filter/Cover<>RPM 10 Spoke Wheels<>Digital Camo Vinyl Wrap

1981 Honda Passport
1979 Honda Trail 90
1970 Honda Trail 70
2012 Kawasaki KLX 250s
2007 Honda Metropolitan FOR SALE

Image Image Image

Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:22 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

Zumike:
If you look on the below post on side-stands I show you where to move the pivot point to make it lock in the down position.
It is stupid the way it comes, Totally unreliable. IMO

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19493

Stage 6 Street Race/12mm Piston,.08 Sq, Stage 6 HPC 12mm Crank, Polini C-3 Race Brg. MVT Inner Rotor, Leo Vince GP, TNT- Adj- Inj Pump / Y-Plate, Elf Moto 2XT, Malossi Over-Range Var-38.5 Slider's,Torque Boost Rear Pulley & Stage 6 k-belt, S-6 Blk Soft Contra, DR HIT Clutch,yellow/blue pillow. + STG 6 433 Bell, 15-50 Up Gear, Moto Tassinari VF3 Reedcage, Clone-Blk 21mm, MJ #-94,PJ#42, W-7 2nd , 45*Slide, OEM Airbox , Snorkle out, 5 vents, Side Stand, Daytona Style Alloy Wheels, WD Torsion Arm, Stage 6 R/T Multimeter, Strt-8-HD Fan Trimmed + Air Scoop 50cc Fan Housing, Frt - Pirelli - SL 26 - 120/90/10, Rear- Shinko - 160/70/12, Frando Racing / 5DV-001 Ceramic Rear Brks

Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next