View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 6:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Carb with one throttle cable 
Newb
Newb

Post Carb with one throttle cable
Howdy all?

I was wondering where can I find a tutorial or video on how to install an aftermarket carb with a single throttle cable rather than the 2 throttle cables on an OEM carb?

Thanks!

Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:45 am
Newb
Newb

Post Re: Carb with one throttle cable
I am not sure I have seen a tutorial for this. I bought mine already installed, but I can offer what I do know. With the single cable carb, you should buy a new cable as opposed to modding the old one. I see Scootertuning.ca now sells the throttle tube and cable as a kit. I bought a CR80 (Honda) tube, and filed it down a tiny bit to get it to be rub-free. This is important as the stock, two-cable, tube will eventually cause your cable to break since it has no stop. You will also need a manual choke cable. Consider buying a bend-tube as well to allow your cable to pull from 90 degrees. Other then that, the install should be fairly self-explanatory. The stock air tube fits my Dellorto 19mm with a bit of wrestling, so your stock airbox should work with most carbs. Good luck, and keep us posted!

Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:05 pm
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

Post Re: Carb with one throttle cable
You only need a choke cable if the carb has a manual choke

Really need sent a video some where on here I put some stuff together but that was almost 10 years ago so what the thread title is I don’t remember and none of the pics will show because of ohotbuckets new rules

Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]