View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Big bore kit and oil injection... 
Newb
Newb

Post Big bore kit and oil injection...
Does the oil injection system supply enough oil for a big bore kit? Does it need to be modified in some way? Do you have to mix in some 2T oil with each tank of gas? Or, do you just need to be sure to run a really good synthetic oil? Thanks!

--Tom

Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:01 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Re: Big bore kit and oil injection...
My 08 Zuma's oil injection is around a 40:1 ratio I think. ( I have been told at least) For my Athena 70bbk, it was sufficient lubrication.

Not sure about other kits. I'm installing an MHR kit and I have been told that it won't be sufficient. Have not verified it yet though.

Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:01 am
Scooterologist

Snugg wrote:
My 08 Zuma's oil injection is around a 40:1 ratio I think. ( I have been told at least) For my Athena 70bbk, it was sufficient lubrication.

Not sure about other kits. I'm installing an MHR kit and I have been told that it won't be sufficient. Have not verified it yet though.

40-1 at 50 cc. its far from 40-1 now that displacemeant has been increased to 70cc. i run mine at 40-1 pre mix with a good synthetic oil.

Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:30 am
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

as long as you stay in the sport kit catagory the 40:1 stock system should be just fine (most of us with this type of kit are still running it without adding any extra oil)

now once you start getting more wild in your build and into the race and mid race kits then it is not enough oil also some carbs do not work with oil injection so carb selection needs to be considered too

almost every mile on both of my 2 strokes (stella and zuma) are full syth
the only miles that were not on the zuma was the tank full of yamaha lube that it came with
the zuma has over 10000 miles on it 8000 miles on a stock bore with out a rebuild and it didnt realy need anything at that point i just wanted more

i currently use ipone as it was desinged specifiacely for scooters

Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:32 am
Silver Member
Silver Member

i just add a cap full of injection oil to a full tank of gas. works fine for me. smokes a lil but better to have more then none.

60+ mph club 70+ when i can show the proof :)

Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:13 pm
Scooterologist

a 70cc kit is a 40% increase in displacmeant. i wounder what the oil ratio in a big bore comes out to when using the oil injection. i pre mix at 40-1 and have no worry's.

Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]