View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Got my 70cc kit installed… need jetting advice 
Newb
Newb

Post Got my 70cc kit installed… need jetting advice
So I got my 70cc kit installed today. took about 5-6 hours of wrenching and a dinner break, but it is up and running.

VERY Peppy and really nice. but I am running pretty rich. I drilled out a stock 80 to be around a 105-110, I don't remember.

I do have a 90 main jet I could install to help lean it out.

Stock exhaust, and a little cone filter for intake. Any suggestion would be great. I would like to order a jet clean it up a bit…

So stoked to get it out for a real ride…

Thanks,

Tommy

Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:08 pm
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

scooters and mods: 08 zuma dual headlight tmod rally kit cutom red paint koso mirros red anodized trans bolts
Post Re: Got my 70cc kit installed… need jetting advice
More info
What kit
Also this is a pre bug right
If so your better off with a larger carb the oem 12m m carb is border line at best
First thing throw that cone filter out and put the stock air box back on
All its doin is making noise nad making II harder to tune

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:47 pm
Newb
Newb

The kit was a cheaper one, I polished and smoothed it out before install. I had a seasoned scooter mechanic teaching me as I did the install and he suggested the kit/ helped me out with it. but it was my first time doing an install on it.

Yes, 89 pre bug

The carb I have on it I believe is stock. and my goal is to keep the stock carb. I am looking for reliability, then pull strength.

I wish I could stick the stock air box on. It didn't have one when I got the bike. If you know where I can get a stock air box for fairly cheap I would gladly swap it back to stock.

Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:15 am
Forum moderator
Forum moderator

scooters and mods: 08 zuma dual headlight tmod rally kit cutom red paint koso mirros red anodized trans bolts
With out the air box you will have to larger pilot jet and a richer needle to make it work right
Try the euro sites for an air box the vertical is stil l sold overror there

Even with the larger 14 mm carb on the bug eyes we need to upgrade the carb

Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]