View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 1999 Zuma 50,, help!?!?! 
Newb
Newb

Post 1999 Zuma 50,, help!?!?!
So i just picked up this 1999 Zuma 50, it sat for a few years and would not start. Its really clean, i got a great deal on it, like free!!! hahaha
So when i got in the garage, i noticed it didnt have a air filter box, so the next day i went to the local motorcycle shop, bought a Uni pod,a new spark plug and a battery, still wouldnt start, cranks but wont start. I squirted some starting fluid in the carb, and she would start up for a few seconds then die. i took the carb apart and cleaned her up really good, now she starts up with a little spray of staring fluid and runs ok till the higher rpms under a load and she kinda bogs down. She starts up when shes warmed up on her own, but whens shes cold i have to spray some stater fluid to get her going. im waiting on a air filter box that i ordered, since ive been reading that the uni pods arent the way to to go, could all this be from the uni pod and the scooter running lean? along with the air box, i have some jets and new coil and plug wire coming in, hopefully tomorrow. any suggestions, please help!

Last edited by Phantom06 on Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:16 pm
Newb
Newb

Post Re: HI, New 1999 owner
Im sorry, it seems i posted in the wrong section.

Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:20 pm
Newb
Newb

Post Re: HI, New 1999 owner
Any suggestions on what else it could be?

Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]