View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Cheap Mods for a BBK 
Scooterologist

Post Cheap Mods for a BBK
I decided to install a BBK on my Zuma when i found a Malossi Cast (316882) top end kit for 65 bucks shipped! I already have carbon fiber reeds. I have an Athena vari and clutch and an athena pipe....

I am wondering a couple of things... I want to keep this build on the cheap since I have a couple other projects going on right now. With this kit am I able to keep my stock carb or should I get an aftermarket carb? I have heard good things about mikuni 19mm carbs and they are on sale for 40 bucks shipped.

Second I really want to keep the stock airbox is this an option or should I go with a filter?

third... Anything else I need to be aware of when doing this?
Also whats the best way to break in a BBK? I have heard some people baby it for a long time and other people break it in super quick

LASTLY--where can I get an adapter so I can run some aftermarket handlebars

Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:52 am
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

scooters and mods: 2003 Kymco Bet&Win 250; MRP 300cc kit FAST!!! *NEW* 2001 Yamaha ZUMA, mods to come!!!!
Post Re: Cheap Mods for a BBK
The cheap mikuni is a lower quality Chinese clone. If you want I have a 21mm dellorto and polini intake for $100. Comes with intake and carbon fibre reeds. Best with stock airbox for your setup.
You'll want to use a dookie ton of copper rtv, the prebug it's a kinda air leak prone engine. Every gasket needs a thin layer of it, then wait 20 minutes and assemble.
For bars I use these:http://www.scooterswapshop.com/collections/zuma-vertical/products/str8-handlebarshttp://www.scooterswapshop.com/products/zuma-vert-bar-clamp
Killer setup for cheap.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma PreBug. MXS Race .55 squish, Polini Evo crank and evo bearings, Malossi Overrange 5.5g rollers, Stage 6 MKII Clutch, malossi 14/42 primary Polini 14/41 secondary 8.9:1, MXS Hyperhace exhaust, Stage 6 intake, VForce 3 reeds, Stage 6 VHST 26mm flat slide (125mj/35sj/50 slide/d44 needle), Malossi MHR inner rotor 28° advance, Nolgy Hotwire, Mallosi RS3 shock.

Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:30 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]