View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Jiangwayne review 
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: Zuma 125, Battlescooter CVT kit and cluctch, Yoshi exhaust, zumalights dual headlights
Post Jiangwayne review
Ok, we all know we are limited in our selection of vendors for certain parts. Decided to give jiangwayne a try. I ordered a NCY clutch bell from them as a test. I already have an upgraded clutch, but am using the stock bell. This NCY bell has increased cooling holes on the face and outside of the bell as well as a textured surface on the inside of the bell so that the shoes will grip better – therefore less slippage. Belt slippage seems to be a documented problem during long rides at high temps. Price of the bell was $30 plus $25 shipping. Yeah, I know too much to spend on something like this, but hey I'm sticking my neck out for you guys! :D

I am not expecting a miracle from this, but wanted to test out the service from jiangwayne.

First thing is, I got an immediate response that the order was placed. 2 days later, I got a shipping confirmation with a UPS tracking number.

The order got here within a week, was very well packed and communication was good. What I found most interesting was a sticker on the package that I will attach to this post. This impressed me very much.

Since this part was under $200, I didn't have to pay any customs fees to Canada. UPS dropped it off at my doorstep and didn't even ring the doorbell!

As this test was successful, I will be placing a larger order from jiangwayne. I'll let you know how it goes.

Attachments:
IMG_0930.jpg
IMG_0930.jpg [ 1.82 MiB | Viewed 5123 times ]
IMG_0929.jpg
IMG_0929.jpg [ 2.06 MiB | Viewed 5123 times ]
Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:35 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Re: Jiangwayne review
That's new! I get the feeling they don't like processing returns.

Hyazuma

2. Stage 6 Full Circle Racing Crank
3. NGK BR7HS
4. Malossi Over-Range Race Transmission 29.7grams (malossi rollers)
5. Malossi Yellow Torque Spring
6. Malossi Delta Clutch
7. Malossi Wing-Bell Clutch Bell
8. Malossi Sport Clutch Springs for Delta/Fly (Currently running white)
9. Malossi Up-Gears
10. Polini Airbox (This is the most pimpin part I have on my scoot!)
11. Pirelli SL26/Michelin Bopper combo
12. Hyazuma Special Throttle Cable (This one is B2TB!)
13. Arreche 19mm Carburetor
14. Arreche Manual Choke
15. Laser XPRO Expansion Chamber Exhaust (Low tone = Happy Nieghbors)
16. Nuova Ray High Performance Scooter Ignition (Prog. rev limiter and detune switch)

Touch my parts again and I'll cut you up into tiny pieces and make a salad!

Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:39 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: Zuma 125, Battlescooter CVT kit and cluctch, Yoshi exhaust, zumalights dual headlights
Yeah they are doing the CYA thing, but is comforting in a way that they are so organized.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:45 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thanks for doing this review. You paid too much in shipping so that we could learn about Jiangwaynes' customer service. I'm not sure I like that 2 day shipping stuff, I like same day shipping or at least 1 day for handling. I have never ordered anything from them because I don't agree with the flat rate shipping. I usually end up ordering from the online retailer with the lowest shipping + price value. They are usually reliable stores like SIP-Scootershop.com, Provoscooter.com, Scootercraft.com, (see simple math thread).

That bell looks really nice. Are you going to split your tranny case to expose the clutch bell on dry days?

Hyazuma

2. Stage 6 Full Circle Racing Crank
3. NGK BR7HS
4. Malossi Over-Range Race Transmission 29.7grams (malossi rollers)
5. Malossi Yellow Torque Spring
6. Malossi Delta Clutch
7. Malossi Wing-Bell Clutch Bell
8. Malossi Sport Clutch Springs for Delta/Fly (Currently running white)
9. Malossi Up-Gears
10. Polini Airbox (This is the most pimpin part I have on my scoot!)
11. Pirelli SL26/Michelin Bopper combo
12. Hyazuma Special Throttle Cable (This one is B2TB!)
13. Arreche 19mm Carburetor
14. Arreche Manual Choke
15. Laser XPRO Expansion Chamber Exhaust (Low tone = Happy Nieghbors)
16. Nuova Ray High Performance Scooter Ignition (Prog. rev limiter and detune switch)

Touch my parts again and I'll cut you up into tiny pieces and make a salad!

Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:51 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Oh yeah, there are much better shipping deals out there. Unfortunately they don't carry the parts I am currently looking for.

Nope, I'm gonna keep it sealed. Well, really it's not sealed, but.. I think keeping the dirt out is more important.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:12 pm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

scooters and mods: '08 zuma 50 & '06 vino 125
i bought main jets from them and everything was fine, but yeah the shipping was out of hand. $25 for $30 in parts. yuck. i only did it cause it was the only place i found with real teikei jets. service was good though.

top performance trophy bbk, stage6 hpc crank, top performance 50/15 primary final drive gears, ncy forks, doppler rear shock, style pro handlebars, ncy handlebar mount, acewell 1500 speedo, 86 main jet, needle from an '05 carb raised 2 notches, t-mod, snorkel removed, leo vince zx-r, dual headlight, led tail light, stage6 f1 mirrors, pirelli sl26 130 tires front & back, ballistic evo2 4cell battery, jdm rear fender with intergraded turn signals, intergraded led turn signals front, replaced 75 screws and bolts with blue aluminum allen screws, str8 grips, str8 oversized fan, malossi white torque spring, torque spring bearing, stage6 levers, stage6 kick start, stage6 vforce3 reed cage, malossi mutivar, 7g variator weights, malossi drive face, stage6 r/t clutch with red springs, stage6 r/t 433 clutch bell, throttle up garage door opener, trimmed rack, vented transmission cover

Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:00 am
Silver Member
Silver Member

Nice write-up. :cheers:

I've ordered from them before also with the most recent being about a month ago. Ordered about 5 pieces and they all came from Taiwan. I think it just depends on what their Canadian operation has in stock or not. It took about 2 weeks from the date of order to receiving.

FWIW - with the NCY clutch bell, you'll get less clutch slippage. Belt slippage during extended runs, while attributable to the clutch heating up is also caused by the Torque Spring softening up due to heat. As the heat builds, the spring softens and provides less resistance against the rear pulley.

The low-cost way to mitigate heat buildup is to improve the air flow in-n-out of your tranny. The most common way to do that is to vent the cover. Some will drill holes or cut slits, others wlll split the cover (as mentioned by Hya and done alot by stroker Honda Elite riders here in Hawaii). NCY sells a well vented Carbon cover and (if I'm not mistaken), Bio has a modified cover that was designed with a scoop by Hyazuma. I've even seen someone design a forward scoop (made out of a funnel) with hose that leads to the front of the case - with several large holes at the reat for air flow.

Or you could put a stiffer Torque Spring or an adjustable clutch such as Dr. Pulley's Hit Clutch or Koso. Eventually though - heat will still be an issue - especially on extended WOT runs.

:cheers:

Tge4 wrote:
You guys have officially passed the point of my understanding of this issue/topic.... :patriot:

Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:08 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

Quote:
Thanks for your Order
Your package is shipped @ Aug 05 via ChungHwa Post (Taiwan)
Air-Mixed Parcel Service, it takes 10~22 Business Days to deliver,you may track it on-line:
http://postserv.post.gov.tw/webpost/CSController?cmd=POS4007_1

jiangwayne.com Throttle Kit (BWS125 III, 27mm)

DUNLOP Racing Tire (TT91, 12")

jiangwayne.com High Gear Kit (BWS125 III)

Ceramics Cylinder Kit (CYGNUS-X, 58.5mm)

High Camshaft (CYGNUS-X, H)

All this only cost $25 shipping!

Oh, I asked him about the problems some of you guys had with the gear upgrade:

Quote:
Thanks for the email
we did fix the gear issues @ 2 months ago,
all customers received correct BWS / ZUMA 125 Gears
for FREE within one week via Express Mail,
none of them have any complains.
Best Regards
CEO of jiangwayne.com Enterprise Ltd.
Jiang, Wayne

So far, I'm rather impressed with how this operation does business. I'll let you know when I get my goodies!

Attachments:
tw0C960235DV188274N-01.jpg
tw0C960235DV188274N-01.jpg [ 400.32 KiB | Viewed 5063 times ]
tw0C960235DV188274N-02.jpg
tw0C960235DV188274N-02.jpg [ 285.69 KiB | Viewed 5063 times ]
tw0C960235DV188274N-03.jpg
tw0C960235DV188274N-03.jpg [ 279.56 KiB | Viewed 5063 times ]
Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:31 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: no scooter anymore!!! dookie got stolen and tossed out the back of a truck, bent frame had to part it out
cool beans man. now you can send your stock throttle body out and get it bored to 32mm and you like really see the difference in performance with the bbk kit.

Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:10 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

I could have got the 32mm from them for the same price, but they say on their site that for 155cc, the 27mm is sufficient. They say you only need 32mm if you go up to 164 and up. I know Smelly reccomends the 32mm for the 155 kit and he even told me over the phone that the extreme 155 kit he plans on selling will have a 36mm TB. I'm wondering if having too little intake resistance can be prohibitive depending on displacement amount? I'll try the 27mm to start with, and maybe I'll get the stock one bored to 32mm like you suggested and see if there is a difference.

Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:21 am
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

higher port velocity with the 27mm, all you need for 155cc. go bigger, and it will get lazy, and throttle tip-in.. i would port match the intake manifold all the way thru, tho.

http://www.mx-performance.com/index.html

http://www.rucksters.com/product/index.asp

authorized race concept dealer for the pacific northwest

guns dont kill, people do. so if you're worried, maybe you you should wonder what you did to piss me off....

Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:49 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

hastifc wrote:
higher port velocity with the 27mm, all you need for 155cc. go bigger, and it will get lazy, and throttle tip-in..

Ahh, I had a feeling that what you described might be the case, but did not know all the technical terms. Thanks for sharing your expertise in this area.

When you say:
Quote:
port match the intake manifold all the way thru

What method do you reccomend to accomplish this? Have you done this yourself?

Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:15 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ive done port matching on GPX engines (50 style engines but larger) with vm carb styles. if your TB is about 32mm try to keep the manifold matched to the size of the TB and have the intake port area about the same length, but for velocity purposes you could also try keep it a few mm short then the supplied match, this brings better lowend velocity (torgue) but lessens the amount of a fuel charge entering the engine.

But larger usually means a stand still but im sure a 160cc plus motor can go as large as what your TB is at.

Also try porting out the exhuast port if increased it goes about the same direction lose of torgue but gain in RPMS (this method i tested on a GPX motor, revs where up from 10 to around 11k) but with the proper parts of course.

Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:46 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: Zuma 125
X7rocks wrote:
Ive done port matching on GPX engines (50 style engines but larger) with vm carb styles. if your TB is about 32mm try to keep the manifold matched to the size of the TB and have the intake port area about the same length, but for velocity purposes you could also try keep it a few mm short then the supplied match, this brings better lowend velocity (torgue) but lessens the amount of a fuel charge entering the engine.

But larger usually means a stand still but im sure a 160cc plus motor can go as large as what your TB is at.

Also try porting out the exhuast port if increased it goes about the same direction lose of torgue but gain in RPMS (this method i tested on a GPX motor, revs where up from 10 to around 11k) but with the proper parts of course.

Ummm.... fuel injected 4T. Otherwise good info.
intake matching for the Z125 would consist of making sure that the diameter of each component matches perfectly at each joint. Think of connecting two pipes of slightly different diameter together; better flow will be achieved if there is a smooth transition (e.g. a ramp) instead of a step.

Serenity: 155 cc kit w/ WPC treatment on piston, High lift cam, 140 cc/min injector, KOSO Delta clutch, 1000 RPM contra spring, TST variator with 10g/12g rollers, Two Brothers Exhaust w/ P-3 powertip, rear LED signals, Yamaha rear rack, Heads-up battery display, Power Mate, Scratch built footpegs and front rack, Yamaha Majesty gears, Yamaha BWS 125 short windscreen.
http://www.zumaforums.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=14734

Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:06 pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

K-Moe wrote:
intake matching for the Z125 would consist of making sure that the diameter of each component matches perfectly at each joint. Think of connecting two pipes of slightly different diameter together; better flow will be achieved if there is a smooth transition (e.g. a ramp) instead of a step.

Gotcha! :cheers:

Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next