View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 The bottom line with Dan and Samurai 
Scooterologist

Post The bottom line with Dan and Samurai
Ok this is how I look at this situation with Dan! Are we having problems with Dan
and his parts and service that would be a big YES. I myself had issues with him! Is what’s going on going to help? I don’t think so. Remember the parts availability for the Zuma 125 is very limited so ban Dan then what? Is there anybody out there that can do better right now? As far as I know, the answer would be NO! So, what is the solution? I think Dan needs to own up to the problem, he needs to micro manage his business and try to regain trust with his customer one customer at a time. This is his only chance of regaining his name and trust! But again, he has had a lot of time to correct this issues and seems not to own up to the problems I think that is why a lot of guys a losing there mind because he’s always saying he’ll eventually fix the issues but when, six months later, if that? With excuse after excuse!

The bottom line, I think we all need to step back, wait and see what happens. We all want parts and many of us are willing to roll the dice and then lose it when we don’t get
parts in a timely fashion or wrong parts or missing parts, The reason this is happening is there is always more customer to sell to so it is no big deal. So what, I lost another customer; there is a lot more out there!

Well I think this type of business is coming to a end. I think it is to the point that a good percentage of the people have had it, TR for example! You also have the guys backing Dan no matter what happens. This is fine but, all sides should be heard and not degrade each other because of this parts problems! This forum is to help each other not to degrade each other and a lot of that has been going on in the last several months all because of one guy and his little business!

Another small issue that I have seen is you talk as if you are the only one that knows about the Zuma 125 and what you say is always correct. But there is a lot of guys, in the good old U.S.A, that know there dookie and by forcing your opinion, a lot of times rub people the wrong way. You need to remember that a lot of this guys are factory trained technicians. :patriot: Are you a technician or even a mechanic? Or is what you know told to you by your mechanic?

Dan you are welcome to respond if you wish. I have nothing against you and would like to do more business with you but this dookie needs to change and I hope one day you will see the light and eventually this kind of post will go away and be replaced with the excellent parts and service you provide! :doh:

Ok guys flame away, I will not debate this issue any further, this is just my opinion!
Not getting into a pissing match! :piss2:

P.S: OTHER VENDORS, THE DOOR IS WIDE OPEN. WILL HE CLOSE IT BEFORE YOU GET THERE? LOL.

ALOHA,
SUPZUMA :patriot:

Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:47 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: PGO PMX 110 @ 123cc with some serious mods / G-MAX 200 @ 231cc with even more mods / BWS100 @ 100cc with stunt mods
Post Re: The bottom line with Dan and Samurai
Well i understand what you are saying, but my problem is with people saying that i take their money and give them parts that don't work or simply just take their money........ this is simply not the case.
There's also people who have nothing to do with me, forming opinions and blasting them across the internet as facts.

My faults are that i can be hard to contact and slow to ship, i have never denied that, being a VERY small business and a busy person makes it difficult for me.
If you want something shipped overnight like the larger businesses, then i am not your man and I'm very honest about that.

But you can yourself vouch for the fact that i stand by everything i sell and always follow my word, i don't lie, steal or do anything of the shady nature!.
Dig around anyone's business and you will undoubtedly found something negative to manipulate (not aimed at you supzuma).
I don't want people forming opinions on me based on those TR guys, as almost everything they have said is simply not true or a twist on the truth.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:11 am
Profile WWW
Silver Member
Silver Member

We understand you're a busy person.

We understand you're a very small business.

And it's for these 2 reasons alone that the GREATEST thing you could do for people that spend their hard-earned money on your products (especially in this horrible economy) is to COMMUNICATE with them.

If you would COMMUNICATE better with your customers - chances are, you'll have less and less fires to deal with.

:cheers:

PS - ship my 155/Koso kit yet? :D

Tge4 wrote:
You guys have officially passed the point of my understanding of this issue/topic.... :patriot:

Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:24 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: PGO PMX 110 @ 123cc with some serious mods / G-MAX 200 @ 231cc with even more mods / BWS100 @ 100cc with stunt mods
sloro wrote:
We understand you're a busy person.

We understand you're a very small business.

And it's for these 2 reasons alone that the GREATEST thing you could do for people that spend their hard-earned money on your products (especially in this horrible economy) is to COMMUNICATE with them.

If you would COMMUNICATE better with your customers - chances are, you'll have less and less fires to deal with.

:cheers:

PS - ship my 155/Koso kit yet? :D

:D ........not yet, more shipping to be done on monday.

Yes communication with me can be good and bad, its not always bad but i do admit i drop off the radar sometimes.
But while this is indeed a big issue, the people lighting the fires aren't basing their case on this, they are making claims that im stealing/lying etc.
And we all know this isnt the case, when i confront them on this they turn around and state that im slow instead........... :doh:

Does anybody on this forum know me as a thief, has anybody ever been screwed over by me, have i not bent over backwards for some of you, offering refunds (giving, not just offering!) supplying upgrades and anything that i can?.
Unlike other people, i can actually be called on the phone too, i talk to alot of you guys on a one-by-one basis and offer genuine advise...... advise that more often or not saves you money if possible.

I wish i could be all things to all people :(

Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:04 am
Profile WWW
Scoot Master

scooters and mods: 09 Zuma 125- Two Brothers Exhuast, Koso mirrors, progrip 901 grips, dashboard mod, cold air intake
When I did my 164cc big bore, I believe me and only 1 more person had split the case on the bike so far. If you look through this forum you can read numerous posts and threads that I had written trying to get help with my problems, and in each one of them there is a reply from dan.

When I put everything together and rode the scoot for the first time, It abruptly stopped and wouldn't start back up. Through numerous ideas of what went wrong we finally realized that the piston was chipped and that my valves weren't seating right. I was on the phone talking to dan personally throughout my whole build providing me help and problem solving some of my issues. we realized that i was missing a gasket, so within a weeks time dan sent over a piston, cylinder, titanium valves, and a new gaskets....

Although I had a few bumps, he helped me through them, not as a business owner but more of a friend giving advice... I like his small business aspect and in trade Ill wait a couple weeks for a part.

also we need to stop these threads about dan, I want to see new mods people are doing to their scooters not zumaforums drama... hopefully this is the last one.. also Ill be ordering a TB from you soon dan

Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:07 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

Once again, if your so busy, hire another person to cover shipping for you in a drop shipping format, maybe someone from the forums whos willing to help the scooter biz.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:28 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

This is not the place to blast SBL's business -

If you want some "ACTUAL" results on reviews - then post up a Poll

This Forum is for scooter mods - Spare us your drama and put it on Perez Hilton - that seems to be your speed anyway....

I've had fantastic workings with Dan - he maybe a little more expensive and slower on shipping, but his parts are solid as well as his expertise. If you dont want to wait a few weeks or more to get your parts - order from someplace else and give this guy a break from having to defend his honor...

Jezuz people - the level of shite on this forum is getting old really quick -

If i was a Moderator - this thread would have been deleted before anyone had a chance to reply.....period..

09-BWS 192cc (Army Issue - Camel Spider Tan, 1ea)
65mm Forged Piston: Custom Port job on 24mm Large Valve Head: 32mm Koso TB: 10-hole injector: Stock ECU: Stock Cam: Stock Crank/Rod: LeoV Exhaust: Modified Stock Airbox with Uni-Free Flow inside: Polini Sport Clutch: Stock Vario/9g: Custom LED Blinkers: Yes, its fast; No, you can't ride it!

Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:38 am
Profile WWW
Gold Member
Gold Member

scooters and mods: 2009 Yellow Zuma 125, RC Scooters 168cc Stroker BBK
On a more Positive note, :awesome: I received my Samurai 260mm Big Rotor Kit from SBL yesterday!!! He said it was shipped a week ago Monday and it arrived with all parts required for the install! I knew that it could take a while to get parts from SBL, but I have no issues with SBL and will order again when I need my next SBL specialized mod. With the knowledge that sometimes it could take a month or two to get the parts from him, I am certain he will always follow through with his obligations for the order. As long as he can maintain some level of communication, I think his part-time business will stay afloat much better.

Thanks Again SBL!

How-To: Fix All LED TurnSignal Flashing & NonFlashing Issues
How-To: BWS Asian HID Projector Headlight Retrofit
Taida King Cam (New In Box) For Sale: $90 Shipped
KillerScooter/BTX Foot Pegs/Bar (Scuff Marks & Slightly Bent Mounting Tabs, it Still Works Great!) For Sale: $50 Shipped
PM me for Pics...

Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:43 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post to be deleted -

As you can see - when you follow the process, threads like this can and will be taken off the Forum

Before this is deleted - Those of you with complaints about SBL's business, should put up a "proper" thread, in the "proper" section using a poll to find the percentages of users on this site that actually like dealing with SBL and his business and the individuals claiming issues. At least the information would be an accurate poll instead of just bitching and complaining.

09-BWS 192cc (Army Issue - Camel Spider Tan, 1ea)
65mm Forged Piston: Custom Port job on 24mm Large Valve Head: 32mm Koso TB: 10-hole injector: Stock ECU: Stock Cam: Stock Crank/Rod: LeoV Exhaust: Modified Stock Airbox with Uni-Free Flow inside: Polini Sport Clutch: Stock Vario/9g: Custom LED Blinkers: Yes, its fast; No, you can't ride it!

Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:45 am
Profile WWW
Scooterologist

Tilt2play 4 MOD!!!! Take it to the BBB!

Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:05 pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm not a 125 rider nor have i ordered from Dan. But I believe people should all just relax.

I know i've never dealt with him but from reading all the stuff about late replies, if any, and super long shipping times even I know what to expect if i choose to deal with him! I'm not trying to crap on his business, I'm just trying to understand how people who do deal with him expect things to magically change for THEIR order??

If you know he is super busy and takes a long time to ship things, then learn to be patient or don't bother ordering, seems as simple as that to me. :eng101:

Darkness
2002 Bugeye
70cc Top Trophy Kit
Dellorto 21mm PHBG Carb
Doppler Air Box
YMW V8 Exhaust (high temp paint added)
Stage 6 16x13 sport pro variator
Stage 6 sport pro 107mm clutch
Stage 6 Wing cooler clutch bell
Yellow Malossi Contra
Dual Headlight Mod
Stebel Magnum Horn

Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:00 am
Gold Member
Gold Member

These Smelly threads are LAME! When is this going to end.

Smelly runs a "catalog-type" business and your products can take weeks-months to get shipped. On occasion the parts will come earlier then that, but that's just a coincidence.

When you order something from his catalog, he orders it from his suppliers and we cross our fingers that the process goes smoothly.

THERE IS ZERO GUARANTEE that he will get his order fulfilled in a timely manner or at all; which boils down to you not getting your parts, and your money should be refunded.

Don't come on here and complain about your order if you have read this post. You have been formally informed of the business practices of Samurai Scoot.

That being said, many of the members here have ordered from Samurai Scoot and recieved the orders in Excellent condition, with excellent service, and excellent communication. That doesn't happen all the time because he runs a catalog-type business.

Hyazuma

2. Stage 6 Full Circle Racing Crank
3. NGK BR7HS
4. Malossi Over-Range Race Transmission 29.7grams (malossi rollers)
5. Malossi Yellow Torque Spring
6. Malossi Delta Clutch
7. Malossi Wing-Bell Clutch Bell
8. Malossi Sport Clutch Springs for Delta/Fly (Currently running white)
9. Malossi Up-Gears
10. Polini Airbox (This is the most pimpin part I have on my scoot!)
11. Pirelli SL26/Michelin Bopper combo
12. Hyazuma Special Throttle Cable (This one is B2TB!)
13. Arreche 19mm Carburetor
14. Arreche Manual Choke
15. Laser XPRO Expansion Chamber Exhaust (Low tone = Happy Nieghbors)
16. Nuova Ray High Performance Scooter Ignition (Prog. rev limiter and detune switch)

Touch my parts again and I'll cut you up into tiny pieces and make a salad!

Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]